Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I wonder how much CEX will be charging for them in December

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just got one on Box !! Scenes !!

Just got one on Box !! Scenes !!

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Spuntr

Did anyone receive an email confirmation from Box or even money taken out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Pre-ordered mine in Dealz this morning. 1.50

• Advertisement

Kilboor wrote: »
    Pre-ordered mine in Dealz this morning. 1.50

You sure that wasn't a multi-pack of fun-size Timeout bars? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Wing126 wrote: »

I got nothing from that - Below means something to me though, no clue how accurate it is......

m68gq2vi8e451.png

Mango Joe wrote: »
    I got nothing from that - Below means something to me though, no clue how accurate it is......

m68gq2vi8e451.png

I don't care if its as big as the international space station as long as it is quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Markitron wrote: »
    I don't care if its as big as the international space station as long as it is quiet.

If you're exhausting heat upwards you've physics on your side...it's a better start.

A strategically placed duct for compressed air to blast out the heatsink dust would be a godsend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, mine stands behind the TV, I won't even see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

really annoyed at sony for the lack of warning ....ive been waiting years for this console

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Finally managed to get one from Argos!! Whoever posted that stock tracker earlier is a legend, it seems Argos are releasing a few more every 30 mins and I managed to get one and got confirmation!!

Only downside is you need a UK address :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Kremin wrote: »
    Finally managed to get one from Argos!! Whoever posted that stock tracker earlier is a legend, it seems Argos are releasing a few more every 30 mins and I managed to get one and got confirmation!!

Only downside is you need a UK address :(

Could u send me the stock checker link please

Tusky wrote: »
    Is it true that PS4 controllers will only work on PS4 games? A scummy move.

Yes. Tbh I do understand why they did it, but they completely invalidated their own argument by announcing 3 major PS5 games as also coming to PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Could u send me the stock checker link please

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console

You can set up push notifications and it rings an alarm when it detects stock! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Yes. Tbh I do understand why they did it....

To rip off their customers by forcing them to buy a load of new joypads despite the ones they already have being perfectly fine? I have 4 PS4 pads, paid about €50 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Thinking we might switch over to xbox at this stage :)
    xbox, playstation. Pre christmas is the key

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

TO be fair to the Xbox they are not as big as I thought

Hopefully PS aint much bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Tusky wrote: »
    Is it true that PS4 controllers will only work on PS4 games? A scummy move.

It's really not - it's been standard practice since games consoles have existed that new ones come with new controllers that have new features the old controllers don't have. You can't use a 360 controller on an Xbox One, you can't use a Wii controller on a Switch, and you can't use a PS3 controller on a PS4. I'm amazed how many people are surprised by the PS5 doing something that has always been completely standard and normal.

Microsoft are making moves to eliminate the concept of generations, so that you've the same 2013 controller features with your new console as the old one. But Sony are sticking to the practice of generational improvements that has always worked in the past.

(If you're being pedantic, with the help of adaptors and jumping through hoops you can find ways to use older controllers on current gen consoles, the same will probably prove true with PS4 controllers on PS5)

• Advertisement

TO be fair to the Xbox they are not as big as I thought

Hopefully PS aint much bigger
    I like Microsoft's attitude this time around, they have been very frank and open about the system. They have the attitude of someone who got their ass kicked and genuinely want to do a better job this time around.

Sony seem kind of back to their old arrogant selves.

I like Microsoft's attitude this time around, they have been very frank and open about the system. They have the attitude of someone who got their ass kicked and genuinely want to do a better job this time around.

Sony seem kind of back to their old arrogant selves.

Sony are not even a fraction of their former arrogant selves, not yet anyway. The ****e they were coming out with in 2005/6 was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Can you pre order with Parcel motel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

L-M wrote: »
    Can you pre order with Parcel motel?

they dont sell ps5's :rolleyes:

anyway sarcasm out of the way i did my amazon one with PM yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sony are not even a fraction of their former arrogant selves, not yet anyway. The ****e they were coming out with in 2005/6 was unreal.

I do wonder how much of the pre-order sh*tshow was down to Sony or just retailers. No doubt Sony probably wanted pre-orders to go live the next morning, but even just taking Smyths as an example, the fact the pre-orders went live on their website (but hard to find on the website), before their emails went out, then after closing pre-orders they opened for a few more etc, I think part of it is retailers jumping the gun a bit themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    they dont sell ps5's :rolleyes:

anyway sarcasm out of the way i did my amazon one with PM yeah

Thanks. Let’s just hope it doesn’t go on into next year lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ethabelle79

I had registered my interested on the Currys UK site a few weeks ago because the Ireland site didn't seem to have this option. Got an email from Currys UK at 10.30 saying there would be limited stock available and check back in a few hours. £5 deposit and it says dispatch day before launch. I don't know if you need to have registered your interest to access it but just letting you know in case it's useful for anyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The one thing I’d say based on what I’ve seen over the last few days is that Playstation seems to have an immediate lead this gen due to sheer brand recognition and loyalty. It’s almost separate to the reality of the machine itself - but I definitely get the sense that there’s a buzz out there about ‘the new PlayStation’ among more casual gaming friends and acquaintances in particular that you don’t get with Xbox.

Again, this is almost completely separate to the reality of the machines - Sony have made some clear missteps, and Microsoft have made some great, smart decisions. I also think it’s something that may differ between countries (in the US I’d reckon Microsoft has a much more substantial foothold). But whether it’s just a side effect of dominance this generation, or some good marketing for the kinds of people who aren’t frequently participating in threads such as this... Sony just seem to have a head start in terms of hype and buzz. And this is despite of things like 80 quid games (compared to the insane value of GamePass) and the pre-order cluster**** (hell, a cynic would even suggest the fiasco has only heightened hype by implying wild demand). We’ll see if that changes when the Xboxes go up for pre-order :)

Penn wrote: »
    I do wonder how much of the pre-order sh*tshow was down to Sony or just retailers. No doubt Sony probably wanted pre-orders to go live the next morning, but even just taking Smyths as an example, the fact the pre-orders went live on their website (but hard to find on the website), before their emails went out, then after closing pre-orders they opened for a few more etc, I think part of it is retailers jumping the gun a bit themselves.

Based on absolutely no insight whatsoever, it is mostly Sony's fault, but I don't think it was some masterplan to create hype, I think they knew it would sell out anyway so just didn't really care.

Sony clearly intended the pre-orders to go live the next day, but obviously all of the retailers jumped the gun and created the free for all. People were moaning about Smyths not emailing them as intended but they were obviously just reacting to what was going on elsewhere.

Sony should have given clear dates and times. The tweet last Saturday announcing the showcase should have said 'pre-orders are live at 9 am on the 17th'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Penn wrote: »

I think it’s a mixture of both. Sony wanted to keep their cards close to their chest and retailers just went for it regardless.

I saw the tweet saying preorders would be live in the morning so I tuned out after the presentation. I never got an email from Smyths (still haven’t) to say they went live, and I barely managed to get one.

It was a disaster from all sides tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement