Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

I walked into curry’s in swords yesterday and paid my fiver for preorder...but now I am starting to doubt it. There’s no order number on it. My phone number was taken, but nothing else. When I called the customer help line, I was told that I should have an order number. There has been no information available from curry’s as to how the preorder is going to operate - do I walk up with receipt in hand on launch day?

Does anyone have insight, and more importantly, did anyone who preordered in store actually get an order reference number, or do we all have blank and meaningless customer order confirmations?

I received a till receipt and a bigger generic Currys Customer Order Confirmation A4 sheet that contains a transaction number on it but order reference number is N/A.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

As I've said previously, I was in yesterday trying to order for a mate. The manager turned his screen towards me and let me read the internal memo to all stores that their allocation had been filled in the previous hour. This was at 2pm with the memo sent at 1pm.

Manager showed me that he could still preorder for me but that the price for the preorders was now 99,999, which meant that it likely wouldn't guarantee me a copy and I'd be better off trying again when the pre-order price was 'real' as preordering with the higher price was speculative. He said he could do it, but I'd likely not get anything.

I literally read the internal memo. So I've no idea about orders made pre 1pm but orders made after 1pm would almost certainly be outside of their allocation that they had yesterday. Whether that allocation changed today, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Storage is going to be a problem. PS4 content via USB3. PS5 content on internal 1TB and expandable with NVMe 4.0 ssd only. 3 compatible suppliers. Anyone see the cost of a 2Tb western digital one. More than the console.

https://shop.westerndigital.com/en-ie/products/internal-drives/wd-black-sn750-nvme-ssd[url][/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Is there anywhere left in Ireland we can pre-order this?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭carolluke1

keano25 wrote: »

Argos.ie have a register your interest atm

https://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/new-in.htm&mvt=fz_3_new_in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

keano25 wrote: »

Harvey Norman haven't done any pre orders yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

As I've said previously, I was in yesterday trying to order for a mate. The manager turned his screen towards me and let me read the internal memo to all stores that their allocation had been filled in the previous hour. This was at 2pm with the memo sent at 1pm.

Manager showed me that he could still preorder for me but that the price for the preorders was now 99,999, which meant that it likely wouldn't guarantee me a copy and I'd be better off trying again when the pre-order price was 'real' as preordering with the higher price was speculative. He said he could do it, but I'd likely not get anything.

I literally read the internal memo. So I've no idea about orders made pre 1pm but orders made after 1pm would almost certainly be outside of their allocation that they had yesterday. Whether that allocation changed today, who knows.

Completely hear you, I know you said this yesterday too.

I suppose I’m trying to figure out how we know whether we got a preorder or not - maybe all of the customer forms say n/a for the order number, or maybe not. I want to know if it’s possible to tell from the receipt we got.

I ordered at 1.15pm yesterday so seems likely I didn’t get anything, but the receipt says nothing about 99.999.. it simply says preorder, Sony ps 5 and has a transaction number (which I think is useless). Customer care had no record, so I’m trying to see if anyone who ordered before 1pm is confident that they actually get a console on launch day - maybe they have an order number or customer care has a record of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Damien360 wrote: »
    Storage is going to be a problem. PS4 content via USB3. PS5 content on internal 1TB and expandable with NVMe 4.0 ssd only. 3 compatible suppliers. Anyone see the cost of a 2Tb western digital one. More than the console.

https://shop.westerndigital.com/en-ie/products/internal-drives/wd-black-sn750-nvme-ssd[url][/url]

Apparently game installs should be smaller and especially patches as the ssd usage means less multiple objects have to be put into the game. I can't remember the technical stuff but I'm really looking forward to game data size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Ah crap. Big problem and there are 2 types - with or without heatsink. The heatsink one is dearer again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At that price, are you sure he wasn't showing an adverts listing?

Think that Demons Souls screen print is about as far as I got in the game. Well a wee bit more after it

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

That scalping ad on adverts seems to be gone haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It wont be the first or last ad trying to shift a PS5 for mad money.

I'd say they'll be on Facebook, DoneDeal, the lot in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It wont be the first or last ad trying to shift a PS5 for mad money.

I'd say they'll be on Facebook, DoneDeal, the lot in the coming weeks.

And they'll get their money too going by the what looked like were legit offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    And they'll get their money too going by the what looked like were legit offers.

Sadly, yes.

There'll be desperate people/parents looking to secure a PS5 for Xmas.

I'd say if you wanted to be a complete scumbag and left a PS5 unboxed, and if Sony have a shortage, wait until about December and you could practically name your price for a PS5 and someone will buy it.

:(

Had a look earlier and there were at least 4 other ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DylanGTi

That is not quick enough for the PS5 (tops out at 3430MB/s which is too slow), if I were you or anyone looking at the ssd option I'd wait til Sony release their approved SSD list to avoid getting egg on your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

Managed to snag a home delivery preorder with Smyths the other night.

They mention that free delivery is not available on Consoles, but my order is listed with delivery being free, is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

DesmondGAF wrote: »

They mention that free delivery is not available on Consoles, but my order is listed with delivery being free, is this normal?

No, it should be €1.99 delivery.

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote: »
    I was *so* close to getting this through and it failed at the checkout.

Ah that's ****e. I got that link from this twitter account, they are posting all pre-orders as they go live. Well worth a follow.

https://twitter.com/jelly_deals

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

No, it should be €1.99 delivery.

Was listed as free on my preorder too

Was listed as free on my preorder too

Mine too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

weemcd wrote: »
    I was *so* close to getting this through and it failed at the checkout.

Its letting me put it in basket and register a new account right now if anyone wants to retry....

Decided to leave it for now.... Worried Parcel Motel security is gone to **** after a recent incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

DesmondGAF wrote: »

My Smyths delivery is about 3 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Very.co.uk are a parent/sister company of Littlewoods so stock being released by Littlewoods could be imminent.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Lads I just got a pre order with very.co.uk. Luckily I was already registered and have shopped with them before. It looks like it's gone through....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Do very deliver to Ireland?

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Do very deliver to Ireland?

Anyone in the hunt for a PS5 should sign up for a parcel motel account as soon as possible to avoid this issue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement