Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Got email off scan just there confirming payment but it gone from bank since last night. Anyone else get one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

dave1982 wrote: »
    Got email off scan just there confirming payment but it gone from bank since last night. Anyone else get one

I payed using PayPal and money went from my account straight away. Still pending on their site though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No, it should be €1.99 delivery.

The delivery charges they list excluded consoles and large items, where the charges vary. Not sure if it's just for preorder but's consoles are free apparently.

Pipmae wrote: »
    Very.co.uk are a parent/sister company of Littlewoods so stock being released by Littlewoods could be imminent.....

Wouldn't put faith in Littlewoods.
    Their prices are above RRP at times, and they cancel orders for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Didn't want to wait and see when Amazon would charge me so just topped up my account balance and applied it to the order to pay it off now - you get a sweet £7.20 or £9 bonus for doing so depending on if you got digital or disc :pac:

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »

Just came through

padair wrote: »
    Just came through

It says my order has been dispatched, looks like I will be playing astro very soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Me too I just checked my status says awaiting picking. Haha you should have yours monday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Disaster, DISASTER lads!!

Preorder is with GS from Feb, so i'm feeling a little confident of getting it on release (19th).

BUT the missus has booked a dirty weekend away the 20th :(

And it def doesn't look like it'll fit in the travel bag :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RedXIV wrote: »

Preorder is with GS from Feb, so i'm feeling a little confident of getting it on release (19th).

Only one of those two things will play Demon's Souls so it's an easy choice. No dilemma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Make it a really dirty weekend by focusing on phone sex. She goes and calls you while you stay home.

Then don't answer. It'll just distract you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If the wife doesn't fit in the travel bag, just leave her at home.

More PlayStation time. Win-win.

No worries chief. I'll take one for the team. Let her know I'll be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

I was too late. Hope Smyths will receive another shipment soon.
    Few more scalpers now up on the adverts by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Video wrote: »
    did you get it delivered on release day ?

Collected in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

But won't you have loads of uninterrupted time at home to play PS5 if your Missus is away having a dirty weekend?

......Oh wait a minute, is she bringing you along?

I wonder if the reason that Amazon won't ship the PS5 here is due to the (tiny) lithium battery in the DualSense. I notice they are shipping the media remote and camera to Ireland no problem, but not the DualSense.

If so I believe it's an error on their part, lithium battery shipping restrictions shouldn't apply to batteries sealed inside devices. They're shipping xboxs and PS4s here no bother, for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

I've no interest in getting it on release, but my son wants it for Christmas.

Would I be best to avoid the absolute maniac situation going on now trying to reserve one, and wait until after release, closer to christmas and then trying to get one?
    I'm the same. I popped into gamestop after work yesterday and paid a deposit to get my name on the list.
    She said there was no guarantee for one before Christmas. It doesn't really bother me if its before Christmas great if not January if fine.

I wonder if the reason that Amazon won't ship the PS5 here is due to the (tiny) lithium battery in the DualSense. I notice they are shipping the media remote and camera to Ireland no problem, but not the DualSense.

If so I believe it's an error on their part, lithium battery shipping restrictions shouldn't apply to batteries sealed inside devices. They're shipping xboxs and PS4s here no bother, for years.

Amazon has been increasingly funky with Ireland since Brexit with odd items not being shipped that wouldn't breach any restrictions. Could be anything at all.

Amazon has been increasingly funky with Ireland since Brexit with odd items not being shipped that wouldn't breach any restrictions. Could be anything at all.

They've refused to ship some stuff I've wanted (direct off them) and I was then able to buy it off them from their warehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Alright lads trying to get one for my brother I'm living in UK and managed to get one. What yas reckon best chance of getting one in Ireland is? Thanks

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Alright lads trying to get one for my brother I'm living in UK and managed to get one. What yas reckon best chance of getting one in Ireland is? Thanks

Unless shops receive further allocations, pretty much none unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Unless shops receive further allocations, pretty much none unfortunately.

This may all be a marketing tactic too, wouldn't be surprised if sony came to the rescue and another million ps5's magically appeared

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Video wrote: »
    This may all be a marketing tactic too, wouldn't be surprised if sony came to the rescue and another million ps5's magically appeared

This is my bet and I'm completely guilty of buying into the panic.

Nothing would make me happier if there was oversupply after all and all those scalpers with 10 pre-orders are forced to cancel or try sell them off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Kremin wrote: »
    This is my bet and I'm completely guilty of buying into the panic.

Nothing would make me happier if there was oversupply after all and all those scalpers with 10 pre-orders are forced to cancel or try sell them off
    I wouldn't worry about scalpers people are fighting back with bots so they never get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

rob808 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about scalpers people are fighting back with bots so they never get paid.

What do you mean? By flooding them with false offers etc and wasting their time?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

rob808 wrote: »

Really how is that working? Them scalpers really are scum

Kremin wrote: »
    What do you mean? By flooding them with false offers etc and wasting their time?
    it work same way as the bot that buy up the consoles it not a real person bidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is there anywhere I can get a list of what the launch games are expected to be and what will be out for Xmas?

Need to pick some games for my 11 year old
    - or at least games I can steer him towards requesting 😂

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I can get a list of what the launch games are expected to be and what will be out for Xmas?

Need to pick some games for my 11 year old
    - or at least games I can steer him towards requesting ��
    Gamestop seem to have a list but not launch list I can give you some Dirt 5,Spiderman miles,demon soul,cyberpunk,assassin creed vanhalla, call of duty black ops cold war to name a some.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement