Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-launch-games-all-the-confirmed-titles-and-release-dates/1100-6482208/

buy him Demon's Souls, then when he's beaten, disheartened and disinterested you can play it

just don't let him see the PS Plus games that come with it as there may be a few there he'd like

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Just a heads up for anyone using Parcel Motel. Only purchase the extended liability to cover you up to 500€ once you get an email from the seller that the PS5 has shipped, basically until release week as the liability only lasts for 14 days from the date you purchase the cover. It can be purchased any time before Parcel Motel receives the item into their hands, even the day before, so there's no rush in buying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Anyone wanting to buy the increased insurance for Parcel Motel be careful. Its for 14 days and 3.50 for €500 worth of cover.
    I was looking at it and saw the options available, I clicked purchase thinking there'd be another screen giving me date options or something like that but it purchased 14 days cover instead from now :pac:
    Ps I was logged in.

Someone didn't read the whole thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Someone didn't read the whole thread :pac:

Lol well there's over 300 pages. It's good to keep mentioning it from time to time so nobody ends up like you and wastes money. Very easy to make that mistake so worth mentioning a few times.

loughrey wrote: »
    Lol well there's over 300 pages. It's good to keep mentioning it from time to time so nobody ends up like you and wastes money. Very easy to make that mistake so worth mentioning a few times.

Yeh only 3.50 but annoying there wasn't a confirmation screen after hitting purchase!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭orwell77

Quick question, managed to secure a preorder on amazon, thanks to you lot here.
    For son for Xmas.. am I right In thinking I’ll need to preorder another controller??
    That the actual PS will only come with one controller..
    Cheers from a clueless Mammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

Would it be worth trading in a PS4 slim against the PS5?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

People in America that perorder through amazon.com might not get it at launch on november 12.They send people message saying because of high demand.

raclle wrote: »
    Would it be worth trading in a PS4 slim against the PS5?
    well you get about
    €140 not to bad

orwell77 wrote: »
    For son for Xmas.. am I right In thinking I’ll need to preorder another controller??

Yeh just one I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

orwell77 wrote: »

I would, I've always gotten a 2nd controller when buying consoles.
    Use 1 charge the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

hope we see hands on impressions soon from non Geoff Keighleys. I may be interested in the headphones, but wonder if they'd be any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Those planning to wait and hoping to get one before Xmas, you may be running out of time.

The way its going it will be near impossible to get one before Xmas.

Currys UK has a queue system lunch time today on their site and the queue was over 30,000 people.

Looks like Amazon UK has oversold also and may not be able to fulfill all their preorders. Amazon US has already confirmed the same and they would have had the largest stock allocation then any other retailer in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Video wrote: »
    This may all be a marketing tactic too, wouldn't be surprised if sony came to the rescue and another million ps5's magically appeared
    Agreed, oneplus used this tactic to originally sell their couple of first phones

I'm going to preorder the series x incase ps5 falls through on Amazon

rob808 wrote: »
    well you get about €140 not to bad
    I'd say it may be hard to trade in at this stage or should I just sell private

I'd say it may be hard to trade in at this stage or should I just sell private
    cex will give you €181 for ps4 slim 500gb and €194 for 1tb cash.which is pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Amazon has been increasingly funky with Ireland since Brexit with odd items not being shipped that wouldn't breach any restrictions. Could be anything at all.

People also have to remember that of 1st Jan 2021 & Brexit comes into effect that EU consumer law will not be at play for the UK. This will also effect anything bought before this date. While I cannot see amazon changing their policies because of this, other retails will be operating under UK law and time will only tell how that works out if anyone has any problems down the line.

rob808 wrote: »
    cex will give you €181 for ps4 slim 500gb and €194 for 1tb cash.which is pretty good
    That is actually pretty good. I was worried they wouldn't either accept them or the price considerably lower

That is actually pretty good. I was worried they wouldn't either accept them or the price considerably lower
    The ps4 pro there only given €237 so ps4 slim a good price for sure The xbox x only getting €192.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Someone on reddit is saying the Amazon pre-order warning emails going out are probably automated, and nothing to worry about. Take with as much salt as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

I was lucky enough to get a pre order off of Amazon using AddressPal. As somebody who has used AddressPal only once I didn't know about the size restrictions. After reading this thread and seeing somebody say it was oversize for AddressPal I looked it up and yes it is.
    My question is will An Post still deliver it and charge the 25 or will they refuse it and send it back to Amazon?

I've signed up to the home delivery part now with An Post but the preorder address can't be changed by me or Amazon reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

NeoRox wrote: »
    I was lucky enough to get a pre order off of Amazon using AddressPal. As somebody who has used AddressPal only once I didn't know about the size restrictions. After reading this thread and seeing somebody say it was oversize for AddressPal I looked it up and yes it is.
    My question is will An Post still deliver it and charge the 25 or will they refuse it and send it back to Amazon?

I've signed up to the home delivery part now with An Post but the preorder address can't be changed by me or Amazon reps.

You could switch the delivery to ParcelMotel and pay 7€ for home delivery. Should arrive quicker too as it will already be up the North on the 19th rather than still having to be shipped over the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaydrum22

kirkfx wrote: »
    You could switch the delivery to ParcelMotel and pay 7€ for home delivery. Should arrive quicker too as it will already be up the North on the 19th rather than still having to be shipped over the sea.

With parcel motel do I need to add credit to my account or will my card be charged automatically once they get the package.

Thats the thing the delivery address cant be changed. I'm wondering will An Post deliver anyway and charge me the 25 as the an post site says for oversize deliveries.

jaydrum22 wrote: »
    With parcel motel do I need to add credit to my account or will my card be charged automatically once they get the package.

You can top up the account without having to permanently link a card. I think you need to do a minimum of 10€ in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

F1ngers wrote: »
    I would, I've always gotten a 2nd controller when buying consoles.
    Use 1 charge the other.

I use those dealz Usb portable battery packs - they charge controllers just same as phones - And you are still mostly wireless - 1.50

“Roll it back”

Thats the thing the delivery address cant be changed. I'm wondering will An Post deliver anyway and charge me the 25 as the an post site says for oversize deliveries.

You can 100% change the delivery address on Amazon. I literally just changed my PS5 order to test it for ya'll. I switched it to my AddressPal UK address and then I switched it right back to my ParcelMotel NI address.

(You can't switch it to a ROI address though)

You can 100% change the delivery address on Amazon. I literally just changed my PS5 order to test it for ya'll. I switched it to my AddressPal UK address and then I switched it right back to my ParcelMotel NI address.

(You can't switch it to a ROI address though)
    I just tried to switch it again and it wants me to Confirm my payment method and confirm my invoice address. I go through the process and it apologises that an error occoured and to please try later.

• Advertisement

I just tried to switch it again and it wants me to Confirm my payment method and confirm my invoice address. I go through the process and it apologises that an error occoured and to please try later.

Are you creating a new address. Try adding it to your amazon account before trying to change the order.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/a/addresses?ref_=ya_d_c_addr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement