Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

So for an Amazon pre order, are we saying it won't fit in a PM locker?
    I have a friend living in Newry, would I have it on launch day if I send it to his address and drive up to collect it?

If C19 restrictions are in place we could have some sort of clandestine meet at the border and he could throw it across to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

unhappys10 wrote: »
    I have a friend living in Newry, would I have it on launch day if I send it to his address and drive up to collect it?

If C19 restrictions are in place we could have some sort of clandestine meet at the border and he could throw it across to me :pac:

Personally never used it myself but some of the lockers I see when passing look huge, surely a ps5 box would fit in them? But absolutely no basis to my answer so hopefully someone else knows.

How does Parcel motel work? You register and pay and they give you an address to send to and then you collect or can pay extra for th m to deliver to you in the Republic?

Currently have mine sending to a relative but if I could send it to them and have them deliver from NI that could be a lot easier..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

It will 100% fit in the PM locker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Kremin wrote: »
    some of the lockers I see when passing look huge, surely a ps5 box would fit in them?

But what of the Amazon box that the PS5 box is in?

Personally never used it myself but some of the lockers I see when passing look huge, surely a ps5 box would fit in them? But absolutely no basis to my answer so hopefully someone else knows.

How does Parcel motel work? You register and pay and they give you an address to send to and then you collect or can pay extra for th m to deliver to you in the Republic?

Currently have mine sending to a relative but if I could send it to them and have them deliver from NI that could be a lot easier..

Yep just register with them and they send to your nearest locker or home delivery. I've never used them for home delivery though. Had a couple of oversized items before but just picked them up at the depot. Handy for me as the locker and depot are at same location so either or suits me.

I'm thinking though, Amazon sometimes send items in huge boxes with that big air filled bubble wrap and sometimes they literally send the boxed item with a sticker on it for the whole world to see.

Surely they'll have it in a proper box and will be protected by bubble wrap so it could be quite large, may not fit.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »

That is basically just gonna be a wrap around, its not gonna add much.

lertsnim wrote: »

Yeah maybe a query for Amazon but I doubt their reps even know what packaging will be used yet. Again I've never used parcel motel before, when they deliver to the lockers do the delivery lads put them in or deliver to a main sorting facility who filter them out to your preferred locker?

I can see there's an option for parcel motel to home deliver oversized parcels only so maybe if it's too big that's an option?

Yep just register with them and they send to your nearest locker or home delivery. I've never used them for home delivery though. Had a couple of oversized items before but just picked them up at the depot. Handy for me as the locker and depot are at same location so either or suits me.

I'm thinking though, Amazon sometimes send items in huge boxes with that big air filled bubble wrap and sometimes they literally send the boxed item with a sticker on it for the whole world to see.

Surely they'll have it in a proper box and will be protected by bubble wrap so it could be quite large, may not fit.

Ihopefully with the volume they'll be delivering, minimising space taken will be a priority to deliver as many as possible in as little vans as possible so the outer box will just be a light sleeve or something?
    PS4 was packaged quite well in Sony's box so I don't think much outer protection is required?

Markitron wrote: »
    That is basically just gonna be a wrap around, its not gonna add much.

I don't know if it will, surely they'll want to protect it. I've gotten items before in boxes so big you could have gotten 3 or 4 of the items in it. They'd have it full of brown paper or air filled sacs.

Ihopefully with the volume they'll be delivering, minimising space taken will be a priority to deliver as many as possible in as little vans as possible so the outer box will just be a light sleeve or something?
    PS4 was packaged quite well in Sony's box so I don't think much outer protection is required?

Possibly, last playstation I bought was the ps2 so I'm out of the loop :D

Even forgetting size restrictions, surely a northern address is going to be our quickest option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Even forgetting size restrictions, surely a northern address is going to be our quickest option?

Just on the size I got my PS4 through parcel motel and Amazon. Amazon added a huge box so it was oversized, not the end of the world they delivered it to my home address for an extra 7 or 10 euro I think (can't remember the exact amount).

"If your parcel does not fit in the Parcel Motel locker, we’ll notify you and make alternative arrangements"

I'm definitely going this route , saves getting it shipped from mainland UK and the worry they're not there to take the delivery as its 2 months away anything could change.

"If your parcel does not fit in the Parcel Motel locker, we’ll notify you and make alternative arrangements"

I'm definitely going this route , saves getting it shipped from mainland UK and the worry they're not there to take the delivery as its 2 months away anything could change.

Yeh didn't think of them not being in.
    Waiting for it from PM will add a day or 2 to delivery.
    Usually I get a delivery notification to the North, depending on the time it will be in Dublin same day but could be next day.
    Then usually another day again before it hits my locker or depot. So could be the Saturday.

Yeh didn't think of them not being in.
    Waiting for it from PM will add a day or 2 to delivery.
    Usually I get a delivery notification to the North, depending on the time it will be in Dublin same day but could be next day.
    Then usually another day again before it hits my locker or depot. So could be the Saturday.

I'm okay with a couple days delay to be honest, just bought into the hype and don't want to wait until after christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Hi guys have received info of a uk site going live in next few days for PS5 pre orders but site does not deliver to Ireland. Would appreciate help/procedure as to how to order delivery to Ireland without an English address.

I'm okay with a couple days delay to be honest, just bought into the hype and don't want to wait until after christmas!

I'm usually impatient and want things ASAP but you're right, some people won't have them at all so what's a day or two. Still not impressed with Amazon not shipping directly, I buy a lot of stuff from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Lads DPD Parcel Wizard will deliver it to a pick up point or to your door for 3.85. Works the same as Parcel Wizard but it's far more flexible IMHO.

My pick up point is behind the counter in a petrol station so I don't think they have the same size restrictions... But since WFH started I get everything straight to my door for the same price.

The_Mask wrote: »
    Hi guys have received info of a uk site going live in next few days for PS5 pre orders but site does not deliver to Ireland. Would appreciate help/procedure as to how to order delivery to Ireland without an English address.

https://my.parcelmotel.com/registration/start

Just sign up here and choose locker closest to you.

The below should be total sh!te, just saw it commented on one of the ads on adverts trying to fleece people.

"I also said this yesterday on other ads smyths will have non preorder units to sell on the day and also the way there system works there due stock In on the 19th if you go on there website at midnight on the 18th you can preorder for the next day to click and collect.

I've done this many times with consoles. ive a family member who has been a manager there for over ten years who originally told me about it and ive done it a couple of times on sold out orders of console's but keep in mind it will be limited.
    So you will need to be online at midnight on there site or if you dont pre order for pick up you need to be there first thing for the store opening."

You'd imagine a family member working in Smyths could grab him one though.

• Advertisement

https://my.parcelmotel.com/registration/start

Just sign up here and choose locker closest to you.

Also when an English site looks for a post code is it the parcel motel post code in Ireland or UK pick up point. Have tried to order a few things in past but gave up after the hassle of it

The_Mask wrote: »
    Also when an English site looks for a post code is it the parcel motel post code in Ireland or UK pick up point. Have tried to order a few things in past but gave up after the hassle of it

If they won't deliver to Ireland and you're getting stuff delivered to Parcel Motel you always use the Parcel Motel address.

So the following is Parcel Motel Northern address

Your Name
    Your PMID
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

I usually have my name in the forename field and my surname plus the PMID in the surname field.

Your PMID is a code given by Parcel Motel upon registration, it is unique to you and its how they know to route the package to you.

So a UK item, you enter your own name and address as usual in the billing address fields but for shipping you enter the Parcel Motel address above not forgetting to include your PMID.
    Package gets delivered to Parcel Motel in the North and they then deliver it to your local Parcel Motel locker location, then you collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Minimum file size have been revealed for Demon's Souls and Miles Morales
    Demon's Souls - 66Gb minimum
    Miles Morales -50Gb minimum
    Miles Morales and Spiderman -105Gb minimum

https://www.resetera.com/threads/demons-souls-remake-and-spider-man-miles-morales-minimum-file-size-revealed.290141/

Also Spiderman remastered is technically a different SKU so will have new trophy list

Minimum file size have been revealed for Demon's Sohttps://www.resetera.com/threads/demons-souls-remake-and-spider-man-miles-morales-minimum-file-size-revealed.290141/uls and Miles Morales
    Demon's Souls - 66Gb minimum
    Miles Morales -50Gb minimum
    Miles Morales and Spiderman -105Gb minimum

I wonder how these compare to some of Sony's 1st party PS4 titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

NeoRox wrote: »
    Thats the thing the delivery address cant be changed. I'm wondering will An Post deliver anyway and charge me the 25 as the an post site says for oversize deliveries.

Had this problem too and glad I read it here as didn’t cop the dimensions thing. First Amazon rep wouldn’t let me change it for security reasons but just got back on now, explained the problem that it would be returned and it’s my sons Christmas present and can I change to parcel motel address which is on my account and they changed it then no issue... so glad I saw this here as that would have been a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

This will be stated time and time again on this thread...

USE "PARCEL WIZARD" for delivery. It is far less restrictive for package dimensions than pm.

It is a far superior service than parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Can someone confirm that if you make a new address in amazon, that you can move the existing order over somehow?

I was in such a rush at the time I forgot to include the PM code in the address.

So I make a new address with the PM code... and then what? I can only see how to cancel the order not change the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

kirkfx wrote: »
    Are you creating a new address. Try adding it to your amazon account before trying to change the order.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/a/addresses?ref_=ya_d_c_addr

New address was created before trying to change it. Amazon CS couldn't change it either.

So my question still stands. Will Addresspal through An Post still deliver the oversized box and just charge me the 25 does anybody know or will it be sent back to Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

NeoRox wrote: »
    New address was created before trying to change it. Amazon CS couldn't change it either.

So my question still stands. Will Addresspal through An Post still deliver the oversized box and just charge me the 25 does anybody know or will it be sent back to Amazon?

From reading the address pal thread in the couriers section, they will reject and return it. When I asked Amazon if that happens will they contact me to try new address then they allowed me to change it.

So would suggest don’t take the chance and try change it to one of the other companies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

kirkfx wrote: »
    You can 100% change the delivery address on Amazon. I literally just changed my PS5 order to test it for ya'll. I switched it to my AddressPal UK address and then I switched it right back to my ParcelMotel NI address.

(You can't switch it to a ROI address though)
    How? Do you have to use a PC or something? Couldn't do it on my phone browser or the app.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement