Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. Will the external hard drive that I have for my ps4 work on the ps5?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

This will be stated time and time again on this thread...

USE "PARCEL WIZARD" for delivery. It is far less restrictive for package dimensions than pm.

It is a far superior service than parcel motel.

Any idea what the liability cover is for PW? I know for PM you can pay to up it to 500 for 14 days is it similar with PW?

wilser wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. Will the external hard drive that I have for my ps4 work on the ps5?

Can't imagine why it wouldnt? Probably will need to be formatted again though so you might lose everything on it if I was to guess

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

samo wrote: »
    From reading the address pal thread in the couriers section, they will reject and return it. When I asked Amazon if that happens will they contact me to try new address then they allowed me to change it.

So would suggest don’t take the chance and try change it to one of the other companies

Thanks it won't change though no matter what I try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

NeoRox wrote: »
    Thanks it won't change though no matter what I try.

Add the Parcel motel or wizard address first to your overall addresses and then contact them via chat again. I explained it was a present, was really worried etc, can’t cancel and order again and I used the PM address in the past and 2nd time round they changed it for me.

Only problem was it seems to have moved delivery date by a day now. But not end of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

The_Mask wrote: »

Fashionworld, seriously? Is there a shop which is not selling PS5? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Will probably hold off until the week before release to sell my ps4 pro. The setup is still the same as before with just logging into your PlayStation account on the new machine and your good to go right?

Haven't seen too much mentioned about the UI and how everything will move over to new machine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Will probably hold off until the week before release to sell my ps4 pro. The setup is still the same as before with just logging into your PlayStation account on the new machine and your good to go right?

Haven't seen too much mentioned about the UI and how everything will move over to new machine yet.

Aye. I am wondering this stuff myself.

I moved PT to an external drive yesterday. I hope it will be there to play on my PS account as if it was on PS4. It should be the same in theory.

Aye. I am wondering this stuff myself.

I moved PT to an external drive yesterday. I hope it will be there to play on my PS account as if it was on PS4. It should be the same in theory.

Hopefully, it's a simple setup. I still have few games I want to finish so be nice to just carry them over from my library.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

samo wrote: »
    Add the Parcel motel or wizard address first to your overall addresses and then contact them via chat again. I explained it was a present, was really worried etc, can’t cancel and order again and I used the PM address in the past and 2nd time round they changed it for me.

Only problem was it seems to have moved delivery date by a day now. But not end of the world.

Just off chat with them and they cant change the delivery address due to date issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Hopefully, it's a simple setup. I still have few games I want to finish so be nice to just carry them over from my library.

Here's hoping.

I might trade my GOW Pro with extra pad into CEX this week. I can get €304 cash. I think it's too good to give up at that. I'm not really playing anything at the moment and anything I'm interested in can wait :P

Here's hoping.

I might trade my GOW Pro with extra pad into CEX this week. I can get €304 cash. I think it's too good to give up at that. I'm not really playing anything at the moment and anything I'm interested in can wait :P

I wonder will the value change much come November? I can get nearly 300 for the pro and few games atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

NeoRox wrote: »
    New address was created before trying to change it. Amazon CS couldn't change it either.

Ok, yup. I tried to make a ParcelWizard address and change an order. Doesn't work, it is asking me for an invoice address and then fails, so sorry guys.

I am thinking that maybe if a different order is successfully delivered to the new address, then it might let us change the address on the PS5 order..

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

Why is there concern that the addresspal will reject the PS5 orders. It says on the website for oversized items there is a extra fee of €25 what am i missing.?

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/pricing-sizing EDIT : I have no idea what the size will be but have changed to Parcel Wizard on the off chance that I get to order one. !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zambian wrote: »
    Why is there concern that the addresspal will reject the PS5 orders. It says on the website for oversized items there is a extra fee of €25 what am i missing.?

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/pricing-sizing EDIT : I have no idea what the size will be but have changed to Parcel Wizard on the off chance that I get to order one. !

I had a 27" monitor delivered with AddressPal last year. I had selected home delivery and there was no problems with them taking it.

Here's another stupid question. Do you top up your account on Parcel Wizard before you order anything .? Also has anyone ordered from a UK site using the Parcel Wizard phone number.? As i tried registering on Very website but of course didnt have a UK phone number.?

I just logged into my address pal account. These are the max delivery sizes that will be rejected . I am going to use the Addresspal , and feel confident that any console that is delivered will be smaller than that. !

AddressPal Post Office/Collection Point service
    Max Dimensions:
    72cm X 31cm X 25cm with a maximum weight of 20kg

Oversized items will be charged at €25 per item and can be collected at your Delivery Service Unit. You will be contacted by An Post, by phone/email in advance to notify you that your item is available for collection at the Delivery Service Unit
    Oversized items maximum dimensions:
    Length: 1.5 metres
    Length + Girth: 3 metres
    To calculate Girth: 2 x (Depth + Width)
    Items that exceed these dimensions will be refused at our UK Hub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

I just logged into my address pal account. These are the max delivery sizes that will be rejected . I am going to use the Addresspal , and feel confident that any console that is delivered will be smaller than that. !

AddressPal Post Office/Collection Point service
    Max Dimensions:
    72cm X 31cm X 25cm with a maximum weight of 20kg

Oversized items will be charged at €25 per item and can be collected at your Delivery Service Unit. You will be contacted by An Post, by phone/email in advance to notify you that your item is available for collection at the Delivery Service Unit
    Oversized items maximum dimensions:
    Length: 1.5 metres
    Length + Girth: 3 metres
    To calculate Girth: 2 x (Depth + Width)
    Items that exceed these dimensions will be refused at our UK Hub

€25 AND you have to collect it, that's a rip off compared to PM and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,759 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I remember when PS4 released I ordered it from Amazon and used Parcel Motel I think the one I ordered had some additional extra controllers and a game so box was oversized so got a message from Parcel Motel that it wouldn't fit in the lockers and I could pay extra for home delivery or collect from the finglas depot picked the latter and collected it on the Friday evening of launch there was a good few people doing the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

I remember when PS4 released I ordered it from Amazon and used Parcel Motel I think the one I ordered had some additional extra controllers and a game so box was oversized so got a message from Parcel Motel that it wouldn't fit in the lockers and I could pay extra for home delivery or collect from the finglas depot picked the latter and collected it on the Friday evening of launch there was a good few people doing the same.

I'd love to have it launch day but usually a days delay between my items getting to the North, to Dublin and then down to my depot.

Anyone any experience with collecting items from lockers close to the Dublin depot and how quickly they get there once you get the delivery to the North notification? I'd nearly change locker and go up to collect it.

Or can you collect from Dublin depot?

• Advertisement

Here's another stupid question. Do you top up your account on Parcel Wizard before you order anything .? Also has anyone ordered from a UK site using the Parcel Wizard phone number.? As i tried registering on Very website but of course didnt have a UK phone number.?

I read on their site they will notify you when they receive a delivery and payment is due ? Still tryna find info if they have insurance or if you need to pay extra like parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Kremin wrote: »
    "If your parcel does not fit in the Parcel Motel locker, we’ll notify you and make alternative arrangements"

I'm definitely going this route , saves getting it shipped from mainland UK and the worry they're not there to take the delivery as its 2 months away anything could change.

There is an option in parcel motel i never noticed before - if you log in and under profile
    There is a box to tick that says they will deliver to your address Only The oversize packages - there is an 8 euro charge which is not too bad for a large package.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Well, no turning back now... Just sold my Pro at CEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Crispy wrote: »

I've decided to wait until i clear Mafia 1 so about 1st week in October, hope the price doesn't drop too much by then.

So I got Argos to update my delivery address to my parcelwizard UK address but when I checked it looks like instead of putting the user ID they just kept it as the original name. I think the rep was having issues as the name can only have letters not numbers so she must have given up. If I get them to put my user ID in the address line do you think it'll cause issues with parcel wizard as they say to have it in the first line?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

We decided to give up on the PS5 until next Christmas. Had it in a basket on two different websites and when i went to checkout it disappeared. But got the bug to upgrade from the PS3 the last few days, so bought a 1TB PS 4 from someone who had it for sale on Facebook last night for €140 with FIFA, the last of us and spiderman. Also plenty on ebay for around €150 to €180 from the uk.
    Have to buy a second controller still though.
    Playing it all night and its a huge step up from the PS3 I gotta say.
    Should have upgraded years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I've decided to wait until i clear Mafia 1 so about 1st week in October, hope the price doesn't drop too much by then.

Yeah, it's hard to know. I've no idea how on the ball they are with reading the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah, it's hard to know. I've no idea how on the ball they are with reading the market.

Yeah in the same boat, also since I'm going digital version I have disc PS4 games I might get rid of too while there. I've some that they are only giving 4 euro for them so will not even bother with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well i sold my ds4 to them for 48 cash which is mad. Currently offering 237 cash for my pro boxed, if i get 200+ I'll be happy. Keeping an eye on it anyway, if it starts dropping to the 200 mark, I'll sell it asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Are you not worried that your PS5 pre-order may fall through??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement