Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Well i sold my ds4 to them for 48 cash which is mad. Currently offering 237 cash for my pro boxed, if i get 200+ I'll be happy. Keeping an eye on it anyway, if it starts dropping to the 200 mark, I'll sell it asap.
    Completely forgot about the ds4 controllers, have a blue one and a white one so that's 90 anyway. Have the PSVR with aim and move controllers that I haven't used in months but tempted to hold onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ya I wasn't planning on selling ps4 pro till November so hopefully won't drop much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Shout out to all the people who called it, or saviour Sony christ coming to the rescue.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Parcel Motel is definitely the best. I had a large item worth two thousand euros be delivered to Parcel Motel yesterday, they had it in my locker this morning, less than 24 hours after they received it, despite the seller putting my PMID down wrong by adding an extra number. So it's a very fast service and you'll have it in less than 24 hours after they receive it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

loughrey wrote: »
    Parcel Motel is definitely the best. I had a large item worth two thousand euros be delivered to Parcel Motel yesterday, they had it in my locker this morning, less than 24 hours after they received it, despite the seller putting my PMID down wrong by adding an extra number. So it's a very fast service and you'll have it in less than 24 hours after they receive it.

The only thing that slows them down is idiots taking the whole 48hrs permitted to collect their item, so no empty lockers to delivery to. I always make a point of collecting it as soon as I get the message

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Well, no turning back now... Just sold my Pro at CEX.

I'm selling my Xbox one S to Cex as soon as the Call of Duty Beta is over. Have no backup console. 120 is a decent price as I only got it for 150 two years ago new in Smyths.

Kremin wrote: »
    So I got Argos to update my delivery address to my parcelwizard UK address but when I checked it looks like instead of putting the user ID they just kept it as the original name. I think the rep was having issues as the name can only have letters not numbers so she must have given up. If I get them to put my user ID in the address line do you think it'll cause issues with parcel wizard as they say to have it in the first line?

I put my Parcel Motel number in the address line and then use a comma to add the address on that line and the parcel motel number always comes up under my name. I never use the name line as that usually causes issues, always use the address line for the parcel number

ERG89 wrote: »
    Are you not worried that your PS5 pre-order may fall through??

Everyone who preordered from Smyths that crazy night are guaranteed their release day preorder. Sony promised they are handing retailers more units over the next few weeks so they will automatically go to people who have already preordered

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Are you not worried that your PS5 pre-order may fall through??

Not really (even before the above news!). I was in early on the Smyths pre-order thanks to the lads on here. And sure if worse comes to worst, there's still plenty to play on my PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Read between the lines we really wanted to look like heroes but now we are just doin what we always planned but have to apologise for it being a ****show.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Hate to say it, but GameStop with their €50 queue system have played a blinder here, intentional or not.

Geoff showing the PS5 power cable gets 9000 likes, the hype is real.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1307334878904549379?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Went into my GS today and said about me preordering in July (thought it was earlier), he said they don't have exact numbers yet but a preorder in July should be OK, they will have numbers next week so he told me to pop back in then. He also said they would be ringing people who preordered throughout the year once they have more info and let them know if its a guarantee or not. So fingers crossed. I think Sony deliberately kept numbers back for the free advertising they got from panicked shoppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kema

looks like everywhere is sold out of the pre order , any suggestions welcome as to where i could pre book a PS5 Console will have money this friday to book
    suggestions welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Discriminating against us 3 pin people?!
    Preorder cancelled!

Kema wrote: »
    looks like everywhere is sold out of the pre order , any suggestions welcome as to where i could pre book a PS5 Console will have money this friday to book
    suggestions welcome

Sony releasing new preorders to stores in the 'next few days' keep eye on smyths I'd say and this thread.

Edit: to add, smyths only require a credit card and will only take money day before or day off release. Maybe make an account on their website for quicker preorder when it does appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Hopefully people who want them will get them and not all scalpers

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

loughrey wrote: »
    I put my Parcel Motel number in the address line and then use a comma to add the address on that line and the parcel motel number always comes up under my name. I never use the name line as that usually causes issues, always use the address line for the parcel number

Grand I'll ask them to fix it by doing that then cheers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Hopefully people who want them will get them and not all scalpers

If more pre orders are coming and there will be more consoles available right through to year end then the scalpers will be out of luck, with a bit of luck!

Delighted for that d!ckhead on Adverts that is supposed to have 20 or 30 consoles. If there is enough availability he won't get a cent over retail, will probably have to sell for less as who is going to buy from some knob on Adverts over an actual store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

unhappys10 wrote: »
    If more pre orders are coming and there will be more consoles available right through to year end then the scalpers will be out of luck, with a bit of luck!

Delighted for that d!ckhead on Adverts that is supposed to have 20 or 30 consoles. If there is enough availability he won't get a cent over retail, will probably have to sell for less as who is going to buy from some knob on Adverts over an actual store.

Realistically he'll just cancel his pre-orders if no one's buying them but time isn't free either so still a better outcome than making an obscene profit doing nothing of value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Kremin wrote: »
    Realistically he'll just cancel his pre-orders if no one's buying them but time isn't free either so still a better outcome than making an obscene profit doing nothing of value

Oh you're right, didn't even think of that!

More shots here, including these;

jicDgYF.jpg

DlbBC0i.jpg

qRlrIBW.jpg

big time saw that there while ago. Saw someone say he sold I think 300 Nintendo switches back in April for 500 a pop. So 39k profit there if standard ones for 330. Must know someone to get stock like that no other way. Just not sure how stores don't miss that amount.

Oh you're right, didn't even think of that!

People nuts at moment paying for them off scalpers when might be chance they get them in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

It's a right brick of a machine to be fair. They could've slimmed it down a tad.

Yeah. Some of those angles are not flattering!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

He will make a profit even at retail. He looks to be getting them direct from suppliers and not from shops. So I am sure he gets them for same price at the shops do. No way someone would risk their money especially someone like him or other people who sell lots of stuff. Clearly they know what they are doing.

That said even if it was from shops , its easy as hitting a cancel button.

From personal experience from last few launches these wont be available even with more stock announced. Most retailers are already oversold so will be just hoping to cover that. Also there is way higher demand this gen then any other till date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Can I see that tape right?? 450mmx300mm??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Can I see that tape right?? 450mmx300mm??

That's what I thought as well. Looks thick as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement