Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    More shots here, including these;

jicDgYF.jpg

DlbBC0i.jpg

qRlrIBW.jpg

That console is one chunky mötherfücker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Fairly ugly looking console. Looks worse placed sideway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's what I thought as well. Looks thick as well.

Wonder how much slimmer the digital version is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

dan786 wrote: »
    Fairly ugly looking console. Looks worse placed sideway.

Yeah I think the new Xbox will b better to fit at the TV for people

Cancelled my Gamestop order.

I have managed to get from Smyths and also Amazon as backup.

Gamestop one was placed as soon as their preorders went live so good chance of being delivered on launch day but didnt want to take my chances with them myself so hopefully it will go to someone in queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Gamestop one was placed as soon as their preorders went live so good chance of being delivered on launch day but didnt want to take my chances with them myself so hopefully it will go to someone in queue.
    yea I did as well I cancel my ps5 in Gamestop someone will move up hopefully a kid can get one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Presume the stand comes in the box and we wont get stung extra for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Presume the stand comes in the box and we wont get stung extra for one.

Yupp confirmed it comes with stand. Looks like it's needed for both horizontal and vertical position.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Really looking forward to the tear down.

There must be some serious cooling involved given the CPU and GPU clocks as well as for the SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

Reckon there'll be more available between launch and xmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really looking forward to the tear down.

There must be some serious cooling involved given the CPU and GPU clocks as well as for the SSD.

I think it was Varik mentioned on the PS4 thread or will use liquid metal cooling and should be far superior to what we had in ps4. I'd love to know if i can keep in a shelf of the tv unit, open at the friend and hole at the back for cables or of i will have to stand it beside the telly unit squeezed between unit and wall. None really ideal but i just hope it's quiet.

raclle wrote: »
    Reckon there'll be more available between launch and xmas?
    yea sony said they be releasing more ps5 perorders for launch and weeks after.This reminds me of the wii launch that was crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

rob808 wrote: »
    yea sony said they be releasing more ps5 perorders for launch and weeks after.This reminds me of the wii launch that was crazy.
    Yeah i'm going to wait until then, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've a pre-order down but those pictures are putting me off. I'm coming from Xbox and figured the PS5 was for me as I'd get to go next gen and play all the PS4 exclusives I missed out on while keeping the One X for gamepass, but I dunno maybe I'll wait for PS5 slim years down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Whe did Amazon start taking preoders? I missed the boat as usual. Clicked on the email me when available a while ago but i guess thats only for when its actually in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Any idea what games will be out before Christmas? Is there a list anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Any idea what games will be out before Christmas? Is there a list anywhere?

Here is a list of the launch day games:
    https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-ps5-launch-games

I can't find a list for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

wes wrote: »
    Here is a list of the launch day games:
    https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-ps5-launch-games

I can't find a list for the rest of the year.

This covers more games coming out around launch along with PS4 games with free upgrades
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-launch-games-all-the-confirmed-titles-and-release-dates/1100-6482208/

Whe did Amazon start taking preoders? I missed the boat as usual. Clicked on the email me when available a while ago but i guess thats only for when its actually in stock

Thursday morning at 9am - sold out in about 20 mins.

Theuy did send out email to tell everyone the time the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think it was Varik mentioned on the PS4 thread or will use liquid metal cooling and should be far superior to what we had in ps4. I'd love to know if i can keep in a shelf of the tv unit, open at the friend and hole at the back for cables or of i will have to stand it beside the telly unit squeezed between unit and wall. None really ideal but i just hope it's quiet.

The big change is the vapour chamber instead of just solid metal and heat pipes, which the One X currently uses and it'd be almost certain both the next gen will use.

The liquid metal would be instead of normal thermal paste or pads and is less certain as it's going on a patent for sealing it around the APU. Sealing it in place being important as the stuff eats aluminium, so next to no normal users will be messing with it after the fact.

526883.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I dont normally trade in my old consoles but i'm half thinking of it with my 2tb Ps4 Pro. What sort of money would i get for it now pre PS5 launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

jones wrote: »
    I dont normally trade in my old consoles but i'm half thinking of it with my 2tb Ps4 Pro. What sort of money would i get for it now pre PS5 launch?

Is it the special edition PS4 pro or did you upgrade the HDD yourself? If it was originally 1tb places like cex won't differentiate between 2tb or 1tb and give the same roughly 230 for it (including controller and all cables in good condition )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Kremin wrote: »
    Is it the special edition PS4 pro or did you upgrade the HDD yourself? If it was originally 1tb places like cex won't differentiate between 2tb or 1tb and give the same roughly 230 for it (including controller and all cables in good condition )

Cheers Kremin no its the normal 1tb model and i installed a Seagate FireCuda 2 TB Solid State Hybrid Drive in it. I normally hold onto the old console and use it as a media player but i dont really need it at this stage with chromecast etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

237 boxed or 231 unboxes in cex.

Probably start to reduce coming up to release date and further after release date.

Not sure what to do with mine, have a ps4 that the disc drive is borked but still works digitall and a pro.

Shouldn't go on to cex as I start putting in any electronics I have to see how much they'd give me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Anyone know when Harvey Norman are going pre order? Can't get one of these anywhere other than crazy prices on eBay

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Zambian wrote: »
    I just logged into my address pal account. These are the max delivery sizes that will be rejected . I am going to use the Addresspal , and feel confident that any console that is delivered will be smaller than that. !

AddressPal Post Office/Collection Point service
    Max Dimensions:
    72cm X 31cm X 25cm with a maximum weight of 20kg

Oversized items will be charged at €25 per item and can be collected at your Delivery Service Unit. You will be contacted by An Post, by phone/email in advance to notify you that your item is available for collection at the Delivery Service Unit
    Oversized items maximum dimensions:
    Length: 1.5 metres
    Length + Girth: 3 metres
    To calculate Girth: 2 x (Depth + Width)
    Items that exceed these dimensions will be refused at our UK Hub

The problem will be the rechargeable battery if anything, with AddressPal, not the size. If there’s a Li-ion sticker on it they’ll probably return it to sender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

whiterebel wrote: »
    The problem will be the rechargeable battery if anything, with AddressPal, not the size. If there’s a Li-ion sticker on it they’ll probably return it to sender.

Not true.
    I've gotten items with those batteries inside that wouldn't ship to Parcel Motel but did with Address Pal no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

petes wrote: »
    237 boxed or 231 unboxes in cex.

Probably start to reduce coming up to release date and further after release date.

Not sure what to do with mine, have a ps4 that the disc drive is borked but still works digitall and a pro.

Shouldn't go on to cex as I start putting in any electronics I have to see how much they'd give me lol
    Do cex want two controllers or just the one do you know? As have a 2nd ps4 for kids so if only 1 controller handy to leave the 2nd one with their ps4

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Do cex want two controllers or just the one do you know? As have a 2nd ps4 for kids so if only 1 controller handy to leave the 2nd one with their ps4
    it one controller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

RGARDINR wrote: »

Echo what Rob has said, one controller, same as if you were buying one new.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement