Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

rob808 wrote: »
    it one controller

Thanks V much I will transfer and delete stuff from it now. 181 euro for it., I will head off In a while to the balbriggan store and get rid of it. 180 for ps5 console piggy bank.

petes wrote: »
    Echo what Rob has said, one controller, same as if you were buying one new.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

I've been out of the loop when it comes to gaming, haven't bought a console since the ps2 and original xbox.

What accessories would you all consider essential?
    The headset for instance, would a normal set of headphones do? I have Galaxy Buds, would the likes of this be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just a note if planning to trade in CEX, they have a drop and go system where you scan items yourself and leave them at counter. If total amount goes up or down they will ring. Handy as you can have it paid straight to bank account. Traded in PSVR, 2 move controllers, a white DS4, aim controller and bunch of games and hopefully will get the calculated total of 344. They did mention in relation to trading in Pros not to leave too late as price will go down the nearer it gets to PS5 launch

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

To add, was a pleasure dealing with my local cex the last couple of weeks, never any hassle and always friendly. Just hope the pro price decrease is gradual and not a huge jump over night.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    To add, was a pleasure dealing with my local cex the last couple of weeks, never any hassle and always friendly. Just hope the pro price decrease is gradual and not a huge jump over night.

Yeah it was the Parkway store I went to. Guy there was saying at the start of lockdown they had no consoles, now they have too much. If I get the full trade amount, I have digital console just about paid off apart from 50 euro. Still have the pro and extra controller and the gold headset to trade so that will probably be used towards pulse headphones and games.

Same as me, the lads in Parkway are sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Anywhere doing the pre orders , I missed the boat big time on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Same as myself. Thought I'd leave it until the day after the price reveal...big mistake.

I'm checking this thread everyday in hope for good news.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

More pre-orders are happening during the week, potentially - Sony has said its happening, although we don’t know if it will be every retailer or territory yet. Keep a close eye out for any announcements from Smyths etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

jones wrote: »
    Cheers Kremin no its the normal 1tb model and i installed a Seagate FireCuda 2 TB Solid State Hybrid Drive in it. I normally hold onto the old console and use it as a media player but i dont really need it at this stage with chromecast etc

Not sure what’s involved with installing the drive, but if you had to open the console, Last time I tried to sell a console to Cex they wouldn’t take it because the tamper seal was broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Same as me, the lads in Parkway are sound!

Ha ha that makes three of us dropped my PSVR in there over the weekend I am going to hold onto my pro for a bit still need something to do at the weekend for the meantime anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Not sure what’s involved with installing the drive, but if you had to open the console, Last time I tried to sell a console to Cex they wouldn’t take it because the tamper seal was broken.

You don't have to break any seals to install a new HD sony designed that way so you could install bigger Hard drives , i've traded in my old PS4 i just put the original hard drive back in

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Just on the topic of trading in PS4s to CeX, does anyone know if they'll take a controller with the serial number missing when trading in with the console? The plastic unfortunately came off the sticker on the back of mine and took the number with it.

I know they won't take the controllers alone when missing the serial number but a look online seems to suggest it doesn't matter when traded in alongside the machine. Said I'd ask here though to maybe get a bit more up to date info before I bring mine in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Odds on pre orders being announced tomorrow for same time as series x and s on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

On the subject of CEX. I have a unboxed original 500gb PS4 that I can sell abs they seem to be selling for 150ish on CEX. Can anyone tell me I need to include the Joypad with that or is it just for the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭FNSolidSnake

On the subject of CEX. I have a unboxed original 500gb PS4 that I can sell abs they seem to be selling for 150ish on CEX. Can anyone tell me I need to include the Joypad with that or is it just for the console?

You'll need to include the controller

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Just on the topic of trading in PS4s to CeX, does anyone know if they'll take a controller with the serial number missing when trading in with the console? The plastic unfortunately came off the sticker on the back of mine and took the number with it.

I know they won't take the controllers alone when missing the serial number but a look online seems to suggest it doesn't matter when traded in alongside the machine. Said I'd ask here though to maybe get a bit more up to date info before I bring mine in!

Depends on the store and staff you get, when I worked there it was never a rule or enforced anyway but eventually it started being standard practice to only accept ones with serials so we could track which console they came with etc but I don't know if they ever made it official? Worth a shot anyway worst they can do is say no!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Not true.
    I've gotten items with those batteries inside that wouldn't ship to Parcel Motel but did with Address Pal no problem.

Just because yours slipped through doesn't mean its not true. Check their prohibited list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

whiterebel wrote: »
    Just because yours slipped through doesn't mean its not true. Check their prohibited list.

Yeh "slipped through" several times.

• Advertisement

Kremin wrote: »
    Depends on the store and staff you get, when I worked there it was never a rule or enforced anyway but eventually it started being standard practice to only accept ones with serials so we could track which console they came with etc but I don't know if they ever made it official? Worth a shot anyway worst they can do is say no!

CEX parkway just rang me, the controller I handed in earlier today was not accepted due to missing serial number on back as they can't track it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

recyclops wrote: »
    Odds on pre orders being announced tomorrow for same time as series x and s on Tuesday

1000000/1

Preorders were already announced. If you are talking about second wave even then all retailers oversold their initial allocation so will try to fulfill those first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

dan786 wrote: »
    1000000/1

Preorders were already announced. If you are talking about second wave even then all retailers oversold their initial allocation so will try to fulfill those first.

I don't think all retailers oversold their initial allocation. Gamestop definitely did with their 50 quid to enter a queue bull**** so any they get they'll be fulfilling them and also the ones that they've been taken since last year. They've made a bit of a mess of this!

CEX parkway just rang me, the controller I handed in earlier today was not accepted due to missing serial number on back as they can't track it

Ah sickner. Just checked mine and serial is still intact thankfully.

Ah sickner. Just checked mine and serial is still intact thankfully.

I have a blue one too in the same condition so out 90 euro. Oh well, I still have the pro and gold headset so I'll have the PS5 and headset paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

dan786 wrote: »
    1000000/1

This was yesterday

Actually says more pre orders in the next few days. They know what they are doin it's a hype train.

If retailers oversold Sony will be pissed as its already a sham as the tweet even acknowledges

Just if you are selling it on etc to cex I was to go over today but I checked how to delete and put it back to factory settings so was over 2 hrs to do this and transfer savings from USB to other ps4 so I didn't have time to do it as only started to clear the ps4 at about 2.30. Give yourself time to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

This was yesterday https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1307364082341740544?s=19

Actually says more pre orders in the next few days. They know what they are doin it's a hype train.

If retailers oversold Sony will be pissed as its already a sham as the tweet even acknowledges

Wouldn’t shock me if additional orders were just for certain areas too(states)

Even if more do go up there won’t be many, they know stock numbers

That tweet could just be a firefighting excercise, particularly as they’re passing the buck to retailers

Wouldn’t be surprised at all of their isn’t any more made available ata lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just if you are selling it on etc to cex I was to go over today but I checked how to delete and put it back to factory settings so was over 2 hrs to do this and transfer savings from USB to other ps4 so I didn't have time to do it as only started to clear the ps4 at about 2.30. Give yourself time to do this.

If you're really stuck for time formatting yourself isn't really necessary as the staff in CeX have to do this too.

On a separate note, hope they announce the official ratchet and clank release date instead of just saying launch period, pretty much what I'm getting this console for!!

Also just found out 99%+ PS4 games are backwards compatible that's wild didn't even think they'd do that!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement