Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Wouldn’t shock me if additional orders were just for certain areas too(states)

Even if more do go up there won’t be many, they know stock numbers

That tweet could just be a firefighting excercise, particularly as they’re passing the buck to retailers

Wouldn’t be surprised at all of their isn’t any more made available ata lol

My bet is this whole thing was supposed to be a marketing exercise to create hysteria and hype to secure the ps5 but then it went sideways and they had to apologise and release more instead of being the saviors and having an emergency production of more consoles to meet demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Kremin wrote: »
    If you're really stuck for time formatting yourself isn't really necessary as the staff in CeX have to do this too.

On a separate note, hope they announce the official ratchet and clank release date instead of just saying launch period, pretty much what I'm getting this console for!!

Also just found out 99%+ PS4 games are backwards compatible that's wild didn't even think they'd do that!!
    habdamn if I had of known I wouldn't of done that. Do you have to wait around for long in cex while they check your ps4 does anyone know? Plus do they need the charge wire for the controller?

RGARDINR wrote: »
    habdamn if I had of known I wouldn't of done that. Do you have to wait around for long in cex while they check your ps4 does anyone know? Plus do they need the charge wire for the controller?

Corporate shops can and will encourage you do FTP- basically you drop off the PS4 and they transfer the money to your bank if/when it passes their tests.

Other than that it's always first come first serve, our average wait was about an hour or so usually but I haven't worked there in well over a year so the pandemic could've changed all that!!

You need all necessary accessories to make it work so yeah, PS4, hdmi, controller, charging cable and power cable for the console itself. If you don't have any spare dealz etc sell them for 1.50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Corporate shops can and will encourage you do FTP- basically you drop off the PS4 and they transfer the money to your bank if/when it passes their tests.

Other than that it's always first come first serve, our average wait was about an hour or so usually but I haven't worked there in well over a year so the pandemic could've changed all that!!

You need all necessary accessories to make it work so yeah, PS4, hdmi, controller, charging cable and power cable for the console itself. If you don't have any spare dealz etc sell them for 1.50

Thanks much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone know if the PS4 Gold headset works on the PS5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Anyone know if the PS4 Gold headset works on the PS5?

Yes, see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

bazzz wrote: »
    Yes, see here.

That’s great, love the Gold headset and it wasn’t cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

How do you know if your local CEX store is corporate or otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

What price will I get for 1tb Pro and Two Controller?

scottigael wrote: »
    How do you know if your local CEX store is corporate or otherwise?

The franchise shops are Dublin Liffey Street, Cork Grand Parade and Clonmel. Think there's another but I'm drawing a blank on it. The majority in Ireland and corporate anyway but they'll all roughly follow the same procedures and are all linked. The franchise shops might do FTP or might be cash only it's up to their discretion I believe.

• Advertisement

What price will I get for 1tb Pro and Two Controller?

~230 for a standard black pro incl. Controller and all cables if it's in good condition.

About 45 for each controller (remember one has to be with the console)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Keep in mind a ps4 controller can still play ps4 games on the ps5..

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ozmo wrote: »
    Keep in mind a ps4 controller can still play ps4 games on the ps5..

Probably going to need new controllers anyway, I'm sure the PS5 pads do the 4 games also?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

whiterebel wrote: »
    Just because yours slipped through doesn't mean its not true. Check their prohibited list.

You can send batteries through AddressPal no problem. It's just the standard An Post postal service. Amazon have a policy where they won't ship batteries to Northern Ireland but as AddressPal virtual address is mainland UK there's no issue, Amazon's issue is that can't be put on a cargo plane but as mainland UK issues trucks that isn't even an issue for Royal. Mail. AddressPal themselves don't enforce that at all. I always use addressal if I need to get around Amazon's battery policy. Now having said that, sometimes Amazon will send batteries direct to Ireland, as I've had them ship Energizers to Ireland directly a few weeks ago. It's completely random about what battery products Amazon will or won't ship over here but AddressPal is a guarantee as it's mainland

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

Managed to snag a PS5 on Amazon via Parcel Motel, when do we think that will arrive? Day after release?

Managed to snag a PS5 on Amazon via Parcel Motel, when do we think that will arrive? Day after release?

Guessing they'll get priority for being dispatched so next day, I imagine. One factor that might affect things is that the UK is looking likely to re-enter some form of lockdown so that could have a negative impact.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

loughrey wrote: »
    You can send batteries through AddressPal no problem. It's just the standard An Post postal service. Amazon have a policy where they won't ship batteries to Northern Ireland but as AddressPal virtual address is mainland UK there's no issue, Amazon's issue is that can't be put on a cargo plane but as mainland UK issues trucks that isn't even an issue for Royal. Mail. AddressPal themselves don't enforce that at all. I always use addressal if I need to get around Amazon's battery policy. Now having said that, sometimes Amazon will send batteries direct to Ireland, as I've had them ship Energizers to Ireland directly a few weeks ago. It's completely random about what battery products Amazon will or won't ship over here but AddressPal is a guarantee as it's mainland

Everything in that post is incorrect. PW, PM and Amazon Logistics use road freight. AddressPal uses passenger planes from Heathrow, hence the fact that lithium-ion batteries are on their prohibited list. They can be extremely dangerous in the belly hold of planes. Cargo only couriers such as UPS, FedEx and DHL can send them, but are expensive. Check An Post and AdressPal list of prohibited articles, they are on it for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Parcel Motel effectively adds an extra day. Assuming Amazon send them in good time, you would probably be looking at collection on Friday, and it could be quite late depending on the location you choose. I used the location in Navan for years and I would get the ready to collect notification at around 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Markitron wrote: »
    Parcel Motel effectively adds an extra day. Assuming Amazon send them in good time, you would probably be looking at collection on Friday, and it could be quite late depending on the location you choose. I used the location in Navan for years and I would get the ready to collect notification at around 10pm.

Keep in mind your PS5 could also be delayed further if there is no space for it in your locker.
    I’d say a lot of people got ps5s from amazon that will arrive to parcel motel the same day.
    If you want to minimize delays I’d set your collection location as your local depot instead of a locker.

I have sold a lot of stuff to CEX over the years and I have found the FTP transfers to be completely random. Sometimes they were happy to do it, other times I had to annoy them to do it, and sometimes they just straight-up refused. From the outside looking in it seemed as if it was 100% dependent on the staff member's willingness and/or competence.

The staff turnover in CEX was insane so there was always a 50/50 chance you would get someone that had only been there a couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

Can someone please explain what FTP stands for.

I assume it's a bank transfer. But all I see on the google is "Free-To-Play" or "File Transfer Protocol".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Everything in that post is incorrect. PW, PM and Amazon Logistics use road freight. AddressPal uses passenger planes from Heathrow, hence the fact that lithium-ion batteries are on their prohibited list. They can be extremely dangerous in the belly hold of planes. Cargo only couriers such as UPS, FedEx and DHL can send them, but are expensive. Check An Post and AdressPal list of prohibited articles, they are on it for a reason.

Not going to comment on this again as it will derail thread but I don't care what their list says.

I've gotten several items with lithium ion batteries, including 3 separate deliveries of 10,000mah Samsung power banks. They can't all have "slipped through" as you put it. All delivered through Address Pal as they wouldn't accept a Republic or Northern address. All had the warning stickers etc and surprise surprise they all arrived no problems at all.
    So to suggest a Ps5 will be returned to sender because of a tiny battery in a controller is ridiculous and will only serve to turn people who want to use Address Pal away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Markitron wrote: »
    Parcel Motel effectively adds an extra day.... I used the location in Navan for years and I would get the ready to collect notification at around 10pm.

Plus this is most likely oversize for the lockers - so if you dont pre-arrange post to home, you could be looking at office hours from their depo saturday maybe?

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Not going to comment on this again as it will derail thread but I don't care what their list says.

Probably for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Probably for the best.

:D yeh no reply to several items "slipping through", thought so.

kirkfx wrote: »
    Can someone please explain what FTP stands for.

I assume it's a bank transfer.

It is
    Plus this is most likely oversize for the lockers - so if you dont pre-arrange post to home, you could be looking at office hours from their depo saturday maybe?

I don't think the size will be a problem, but the last time I had an oversized parcel I was notified straight away as soon as it arrived in Dublin. You could still probably collect it the same day but I wouldn't rely on it. Saturday would be a safe bet alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I've goona just move my PS4 Pro with new SSD upstairs to converted attic (kids play room) and put PS5 in sitting room...

I have a PS4 standard - old one currently in attic, so I will probably try to flog it on Adverts but I'd say the market will be flooded and I'll get peanuts for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They normally send an email when they've scanned and received your item (say 12-4pm). If it'll fit in the lockers (they'll already know based on the size), they send an email saying to allow up to 24 hours for it to be placed into a locker at your location. If it won't fit in a locker, they'll send an email saying it has to be collected from their depot or alternative arrangements made (eg. get it delivered to an address at extra charge).

So chances are if you know it's not going to fit in a locker, depending how close you live to the depot you could pick it up from there quicker than if it would fit in a locker. I've picked up oversized items direct from the depot within maybe 2 hours after receiving the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

But what do the letters F T & P stand for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

kirkfx wrote: »
    But what do the letters F T & P stand for?

Fund Transfer pricing. They pay via F P S Fast payment system. Not sure where you are getting the F T P from.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement