Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

GavK wrote: »
    Missed out on pre-ordering a PS5 last week. Would I have a good chance between getting one between launch day and Christmas ?
    There releasing more in the coming days and weeks keep a close eye out. I would register your interest on few web sites and if you get a message jump straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

MS buying out companies just seems desperate to me. And it doesn't matter, as good as Skyrim, Doom and TES are, they're nothing on the likes of God of War and Spiderman (albeit very different games). I'm not too worried, Bethesda haven't made a game I'm interested in for a while now, the Fallout series has been getting worse since NV (4 was alright, but it was no 3). The only one I'd probably miss out on is TES VI, but I've no doubt in my mind it'll be a timed exclusive rather than a straight up exclusive. Sony have a very large customer base, so I reckon we'll see some games come out on PS5 a year or so after Xbox. Which is usually when Bethesda have managed to fix their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

MS buying out companies just seems desperate to me. And it doesn't matter, as good as Skyrim, Doom and TES are, they're nothing on the likes of God of War and Spiderman (albeit very different games). I'm not too worried, Bethesda haven't made a game I'm interested in for a while now, the Fallout series has been getting worse since NV (4 was alright, but it was no 3). The only one I'd probably miss out on is TES VI, but I've no doubt in my mind it'll be a timed exclusive rather than a straight up exclusive. Sony have a very large customer base, so I reckon we'll see some games come out on PS5 a year or so after Xbox. Which is usually when Bethesda have managed to fix their games.

Doom is the one id miss there class games so fun to play. Elder Scrolls release is million miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I just couldn't get into Doom. I've tried about 4 times now, and can never get further than the 3rd or 4th area/level without getting bored. So no loss for me there. And as you said, TES is ages away yet, I'll most likely have finally upgraded the PC by the time it comes out and can play it on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I'm pretty sure MS would love to get Xbox Game Pass on Playstation. I'm pretty sure MS doesn't care about platform exclusives and it's strategy is to become the Netflix/Spotify of gaming. They've been releasing software on iOS and Android for years and they even have an Android phone these days. They're going hard for software as a service.

Sony can eliminate the main reason to buy an Xbox whilst still attracting customers with their console exclusive and dedicated fanbase. If XB Game Pass was on PS5 why would anyone buy an Xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Welcomed pressure on Sony to fight to keep us sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Damn, the only game I'll miss will be Wolfenstein and tbh I'll probably end up getting an Xbox or online to play it. As a move it's getting up there to the PlayStation exclusives. This generation is going to be interesting to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Many buy on Amazon via Parcel Wizard ?

Prepare for chaos on launch week of no tracking updates once it reached Belfast and worry for a few days.

Any idea why they won't ship to Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

A question for anyone who pre ordered from smyths. When u go to edit payment details can u see any details there? I cant see any but am sure I added them when pre ordering. Surely it doesnt let me pre order without payment details?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Kremin wrote: »
    Depends on the store and staff you get, when I worked there it was never a rule or enforced anyway but eventually it started being standard practice to only accept ones with serials so we could track which console they came with etc but I don't know if they ever made it official? Worth a shot anyway worst they can do is say no!

Thankfully they took it on no problem anyway! Like I'd read online, the fella in the shop told me that they couldn't take the controller by itself without the serial number but when it's being traded alongside the console then it isn't an issue. The controller was a different colour than the console too so it had to be put through as 'discounted' but the difference was negligible anyway, so not to worry!

Interestingly enough the store I went to could only take them in by the "Drop & Go" online system, and they'd already had 7 PS4s brought into them by lunchtime today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Interestingly enough the store I went to could only take them in by the "Drop & Go" online system, and they'd already had 7 PS4s brought into them by lunchtime today.

If everyone could stop selling their ps4's to cex until I'm ready to sell mine in about 2 weeks, that'd be great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

These Bethesda games are still going to come out on Sony consoles , this is all about getting them on gamespass

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

These Bethesda games are still going to come out on Sony consoles , this is all about getting them on gamespass

What games are going to come out on Sony consoles? They've confirmed the two currently in development will still come to PS5 but after that there are no guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

rafi bomb wrote: »
    A question for anyone who pre ordered from smyths. When u go to edit payment details can u see any details there? I cant see any but am sure I added them when pre ordering. Surely it doesnt let me pre order without payment details?

Did you order for in store pickup? When I ordered switch they ran my card in the store, they didn't use any of the payment info I had used on the site.

kirkfx wrote: »
    Did you order for in store pickup? When I ordered switch they ran my card in the store, they didn't use any of the payment info I had used on the site.

No was home delivery.

I can edit payment details in but the confirm button is place order and I'm petrified it will do something to my pre order lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Bigger win for ms then making money on games sold on a rival console similar to minecraft. It's a massive acquisition probably bigger than minecraft.

Thankfully they took it on no problem anyway! Like I'd read online, the fella in the shop told me that they couldn't take the controller by itself without the serial number but when it's being traded alongside the console then it isn't an issue. The controller was a different colour than the console too so it had to be put through as 'discounted' but the difference was negligible anyway, so not to worry!

I can second this. I traded in my PS4 this week and they took it with my numberless controller.

No was home delivery.

I can edit payment details in but the confirm button is place order and I'm petrified it will do something to my pre order lol

I would have a look back on the Switch thread, we would have all ran into similar problems. I think they will reach out to you if there is a problem with your payment when they run the card a day before they ship it to you.

You can always contact Smyths and they can have a look on their end.

kirkfx wrote: »
    I would have a look back on the Switch thread, we would have all ran into similar problems. I think they will reach out to you if there is a problem with your payment when they run the card a day before they ship it to you.

You can always contact Smyths and they can have a look on their end.

Thanks. I'll have a search for info in there

Here is the Switch Thread it's 500 pages in which is a few weeks out from launch.
    Page 548 is 24 hours before launch.
    Launch day (Midnight) is on page 573
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057398436&page=500

• Advertisement

I know you can update the payment detail they just send you a message saying your payment details have being updated
    The preorder stay there unless you cancel it which you be mad if you did lol.

Thanks Guys, you have been a great help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

rob808 wrote: »
    I know you can update the payment detail they just send you a message saying your payment details have being updated
    The preorder stay there unless you cancel it which you be mad if you did lol.
    I updated my payment details today and got no message from them also when I go to edit it's blank

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

A quick question ... my brother had a preorder confirmed from Smyths.

If he were to sell this how much would he likely get? Would this be a safe/sane thing to do or would he get more if he got the PS5 and then sold.

He’s not going to do this but I’m interested as I was talking to him earlier about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

If he were to sell this how much would he likely get? Would this be a safe/sane thing to do or would he get more if he got the PS5 and then sold.

He’s not going to do this but I’m interested as I was talking to him earlier about this.
    Bugger off with that !

Honest people are trying to buy ps5 doing that sort of thing is not like and hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    If everyone could stop selling their ps4's to cex until I'm ready to sell mine in about 2 weeks, that'd be great, thanks.

I sold them a Pro and a Slim today. Soz.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone know if it was mentioned that PS4 games will have benefits like quick load times or is that just for games developed for ps5. I see mass effect trilogy remaster rumoured again for October release and i keep thinking about those elevator load times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone know if it was mentioned that PS4 games will have benefits like quick load times or is that just for games developed for ps5. I see mass effect trilogy remaster rumoured again for October release and i keep thinking about those elevator load times.

I think it's just higher frame rates and resolution that will be the improvements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Looks like Smyth's have updated ps5 store, the option to select home delivery is not greyed out any more. Possible more stock incoming??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement