Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

padair wrote: »
    Looks like Smyth's have updated ps5 store, the option to select home delivery is not greyed out any more. Possible more stock incoming??
    yea probably tomorrow I heard think sony trying blow some wind out Microsoft tomorrow.

I updated my payment details today and got no message from them also when I go to edit it's blank
    Hi when you go into payment details is your credit card not there which seem strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I presume they take like €50 now and the rest on delivery? As per the law?

Inquitus wrote: »
    who?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

rob808 wrote: »
    who?

Whoever you pre-order from.

• Advertisement

Whoever you pre-order from.
    if you buy from ireland it free delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Looks like Smyth's have updated ps5 store, the option to select home delivery is not greyed out any more. Possible more stock incoming??

See this now. If someone gets a Smyths pre order tomorrow I wonder is that still a launch day pickup?

If so I'd cancel my Amazon one and go for Smyths instead.

unhappys10 wrote: »
    See this now. If someone gets a Smyths pre order tomorrow I wonder is that still a launch day pickup?

smyth if you can and amazon if you can't.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

unhappys10 wrote: »

Yes it is, more consoles are being released by Sony for day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Hi when you go into payment details is your credit card not there which seem strange.

Yeah its unusual, you'd think that they would show what payment method is on the order. Might email them tomorrow to check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Is that Smyth’s UK ?

GavK wrote: »
    Is that Smyth’s UK ?
    it ireland there no longer blank out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mine isn't there either but I think I put the card to it as I did the order...

Yeah its unusual, you'd think that they would show what payment method is on the order. Might email them tomorrow to check
    There is one way to find out try buy €10 psn credit and see does your credit card pop up or if ask it for the credit card.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Mine isn't there either but I think I put the card to it as I did the order...
    Hi are you talking about the email they sent out to say it perorder and has your name and address because they don't take payment until it ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Law?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Law?

Only Gamestop law. Thank feck for Smyths.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Yes it is, more consoles are being released by Sony for day 1.

Sony never said day1 did they?

They said more preorders yes, but they also said before end of year

Seemed more like a firefighting excercise than anything ..

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Ive mine preordered from smyths with Credit card for delivery.
    The Email I have just mentions " no charge until delivery" doesnt actually say anything about the card I used etc.
    Ide say your good.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Only Gamestop law. Thank feck for Smyths.

That makes way more sense

If GameStop are telling people the 50 is a legal
    Obligation I wouldn’t be surprised anymore

• Advertisement

Parsnips wrote: »
    Ive mine preordered from smyths with Credit card for delivery.
    The Email I have just mentions " no charge until delivery" doesnt actually say anything about the card I used etc.
    Ide say your good.
    yea mine the same

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hi are you talking about the email they sent out to say it perorder and has your name and address because they don't take payment until it ship.

Yeah I did get that alright, but my card details aren't stored on Smyths page, it could be a privacy GDPR thing?

The money for machine won't come out until a day or two before the order processes...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yeah I did get that alright, but my card details aren't stored on Smyths page, it could be a privacy GDPR thing?

The money for machine won't come out until a day or two before the order processes...
    it on mine just some of numbers about 8 are xxxxxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

GavK wrote: »
    Is that Smyth’s UK ?
    Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

What time did the preorder go live on Smyths the last evening that people managed to order. Someone said that the page has changed slightly does anyone think it will go live again tonight.?

Zambian wrote: »
    What time did the preorder go live on Smyths the last evening that people managed to order. Someone said that the page has changed slightly does anyone think it will go live again tonight.?
    it hard to say that the problem nobody knows.

Bit early for this also... But does anyone know/remember If Smyths phone before or just email when to come and collect, as the preorder is in anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It was between half 10 and 11 i think. I got mine about 11.10 iirc. No idea about the next one as Sony might be stricter on next preorder date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

it hard to say that the problem nobody knows.

Well I got the email alert bang on midnight the day they went on sale. So I would try midnight tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

I have an email from Smyths saying preorders are live that I received 3 minutes past midnight, the preorders had already been live before that.

Earliest post on this thread saying Smyths orders went live was at 11.20pm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement