Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

With the last **** up I can't see them doing it willy nilly will need to give consumers and retailers some notice.

They see the good will ms are getting online and want to mimic that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

recyclops wrote: »
    With the last **** up I can't see them doing it willy nilly will need to give consumers and retailers some notice.

They see the good will ms are getting online and want to mimic that.

Sony have already said they’re leaving it to retailers

They aren’t issuing times across the board seemingly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Use an autopage reload addon, and hope you get lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Lads. My TV just kicked the bucket :(

Gonna be an expensive end of year if I want this PS5 :(

Anybody know any good TV repair places in Louth?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

kirkfx wrote: »
    I have an email from Smyths saying preorders are live that I received 3 minutes past midnight, the preorders had already been live before that.

Earliest post on this thread saying Smyths orders went live was at 11.20pm

I was same. got Email just after Midnight. Glad I was in work on nights.
    Was able to jump on and do the deed. lucky as Smyths stopped taking the orders about 2am or so.
    Some lads having a melt down the next morning because they where asleep....**Bless**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

kirkfx wrote:

Yeah I got a text off them at 11.23 saying preorders were up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Inquitus wrote: »
    Use an autopage reload addon, and hope you get lucky!
    A what???

padair wrote: »
    A what???

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-auto-refresh/jaioibhbkffompljnnipmpkeafhpicpd?hl=en

Reloads a page every however long you ask it to. Watch TV and keep an eye on it.

Inquitus wrote: »
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-auto-refresh/jaioibhbkffompljnnipmpkeafhpicpd?hl=en

Reloads a page every however long you ask it to. Watch TV and keep an eye on it.

Cheers, never knew this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Nothing for Smyths @ midnight anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Has argos said they are taking preorders yet? They had the register your interest form but nothing since filling it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

iamtony wrote: »
    Has argos said they are taking preorders yet? They had the register your interest form but nothing since filling it in.

Argos Ireland don't take pre-orders in the "normal" way.

The best you can do is reserve one online, at the stroke of midnight, the day of release.

No Smyths luck tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

I have an email from Smyths saying preorders are live that I received 3 minutes past midnight, the preorders had already been live before that.

I got one around 11.20pm the night of the showcase

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Would be fair bad form to release the next batch the same day as xbox, sites would take an awful hammering. Would look especially petty seeing as the first preorder was a bit of a balls. But then maybe Sony do it as a F U for the Bethesda takeover.

Argos Ireland don't take pre-orders in the "normal" way.

The best you can do is reserve one online, at the stroke of midnight, the day of release.

I know they normally don't, i just thought they might be doing it for this for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Going by the xbox forum, seems harder to get one than it did a PS5, probably cuz more people are aware of the actual launch time and hammering sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Going by the xbox forum, seems harder to get one than it did a PS5, probably cuz more people are aware of the actual launch time and hammering sites.

Thankfully I've never had much interest in XBOX so this doesn't bother me but I've seen plenty of people wanting both PS5 and XBOX this year so demand for both seems crazy. Not a bad year for Sony or MS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

So no more news about additional pre-orders?

Seen them on curry's last night advertising 5 euro in store deposit. This morning it says hurry limited stock availability.

• Advertisement

Ps5 isn't even showing up on amazon for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Apparently Gamestop in the US were taking 10 pre-orders per shop for the X and only 2 for the S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

yea way harder than ps5 perorder smythtoy and Gamestop sites crash the ms store kinda crash to it was crazy the smythtoy site isn't working right either.

rob808 wrote: »
    yea way harder than ps5 perorder smythtoy and Gamestop sites crash the ms store kinda crash to it was crazy the smythtoy site isn't working right either.
    People are getting orders through by ordering direcifrom microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Yip. Though it was easier than the PS launch. I'd no luck with the stores (Smyths, HN etc) and went direct to MS, got one straight away. Also, I didn't have to mess around with Parcel motel like with the PS and amazon.

I got one through the ms store but wasn't fun smythtoy was easier for ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

rob808 wrote: »
    I got one through the ms store but wasn't fun smythtoy was easier for ps5.

That's if you were lucky enough to catch them when they sprung them. I's signed up to Smyth's preorder alerts and never received any emails, when I awoke that morning they were gone. At least here, everyone has communicated what time the pre-orders began.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Smyths not even taking pre orders at the moment. Hugged to death it seems

That's if you were lucky enough to catch them when they sprung them. I's signed up to Smyth's preorder alerts and never received any emails, when I awoke that morning they were gone. At least here, everyone has communicated what time the pre-orders began.
    I have to say Microsoft did do a better job with perorders than sony.I was just lucky keep on the boards that night and a guy on the boards said ps5 perorder are up on smythtoys.I jump in and got one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Smyths Twitter page

Update: 9:48am 22/09/20.
    Our website is down at the moment but customers can still pre-order the new Xbox consoles in any of our stores.
    Apologies for the inconvenience, we are working hard to fix the issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement