Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Sony handled it poorly but there are downsides to announcing a date and time for preorders too(sites getting hammered, potential bots etc)

I wonder if the best thing is to say once we announce the pricing it will be up to individual retailers as to when their pre orders go live. Means it might be staggered, and people will be given some time to prepare for the madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

When am I gonna be able to order one these mo****as - I missed the launch

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if yesterday's announcement affected preorders for XBox. I'm sure by the time games resulting from it are released, there'll be loads of consoles on the shelf

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Both consoles are going to easily sell out their first batch, regardless of the circumstances. Microsoft not only had the Bethesda announcement, but also the market of people who just want *a* next gen console but missed out on a PS5 (that’s on top of the core audience who just want a new Xbox). Both Microsoft and Sony will have a good Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Rx713B wrote: »
    When am I gonna be able to order one these mo****as - I missed the launch

Argos UK are still accepting orders, but I dont know how to get it here.

Argos here on launch day maybe.

Possibly dropping into a Smyths now might have stock.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

ozmo wrote: »

no they arent

"Argos
    Sorry, PlayStation®5 is currently unavailable.
    We're working hard to get more stock.

Register your interest for PlayStation 5"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

Just a note if planning to trade in CEX, they have a drop and go system where you scan items yourself and leave them at counter. If total amount goes up or down they will ring. Handy as you can have it paid straight to bank account. Traded in PSVR, 2 move controllers, a white DS4, aim controller and bunch of games and hopefully will get the calculated total of 344. They did mention in relation to trading in Pros not to leave too late as price will go down the nearer it gets to PS5 launch

Does anyone know if CEX knock much off their offer for missing items, such as hdmi and charging cables, cardboard inserts in the box etc? I still have the original console box, but probably not all the inserts.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

The Deception.......The Betrayal......Man you deceived me!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

Does anyone know if CEX knock much off their offer for missing items, such as hdmi and charging cables, cardboard inserts in the box etc? I still have the original console box, but probably not all the inserts.

If you are missing HDMI or USB cables then I would recommend buying some cheap ones in Dealz.
    As for the box they seem fairly strict. I had ALL the parts of the box, even the OG twisty ties, but the box had a few tears in it (Nothing outrageous). They could only offer me the "Unboxed" grading so I got €156 rather than €168. Still pretty happy with that. Knocks about 40% off the cost of a Digital PS5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

kirkfx wrote: »
    If you are missing HDMI or USB cables then I would recommend buying some cheap ones in Dealz.
    As for the box they seem fairly strict. I had ALL the parts of the box, even the OG twisty ties, but the box had a few tears in it (Nothing outrageous). They could only offer me the "Unboxed" grading so I got €156 rather than €168. Still pretty happy with that. Knocks about 40% off the cost of a Digital PS5.

It's a good price. I wouldn't recommend anyone pay that for a used base PS4 at this stage, nevermind what CEX want to charge - E260 for unboxed 500gb (though store credit is a factor ofc.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I see Gamestop, unless somebody already mentioned it, have changed their wording(even though you still cannot pre order) from not guaranteed in 2020 to the following
    PlayStation® 5 [Not all pre-orders guaranteed for Launch Day]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Was just in gamestop paying off the balance on my ps5, they told me even though I pre booked in June I wasn't guaranteed one before xmas. And said that gamestop didn't know how many they were actually getting from playstation. So take from that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Both consoles are going to easily sell out their first batch, regardless of the circumstances. Microsoft not only had the Bethesda announcement, but also the market of people who just want *a* next gen console but missed out on a PS5 (that’s on top of the core audience who just want a new Xbox). Both Microsoft and Sony will have a good Christmas.

Looking on amazon, it seems the S is still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looking on amazon, it seems the S is still available.

Weird I would have thought that would be harder to get

Markitron wrote: »
    Weird I would have thought that would be harder to get
    I think the dedicated early adopters - sitting on their computer at 8am on launch day - are more likely to already have a One X. And so the natural upgrade path is to go for the Series X.

Series S is a downgrade in some respects, particular for existing Xbox One games which do not receive a patch. They're run in One S mode so if you're coming from a One X it'll be way worse.

In the long run I expect the Series S to sell very well, particularly among parents, casual gamers, returning gamers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Well, no turning back now... Just sold my Pro at CEX.

Have to say, I was impressed with how quickly this was processed. "Sold" my stuff virtually on their website on Friday, dropped it in on Saturday, had it approved within an hour, and the money was in my account yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Have to say, I was impressed with how quickly this was processed. "Sold" my stuff virtually on their website on Friday, dropped it in on Saturday, had it approved within an hour, and the money was in my account yesterday.

Yeah I traded PSVR and games on Sunday around lunchtime and was approved by 6 that day. Money was sent to the account first thing on Monday much handier than getting cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think the dedicated early adopters - sitting on their computer at 8am on launch day - are more likely to already have a One X. And so the natural upgrade path is to go for the Series X.

Series S is a downgrade in some respects, particular for existing Xbox One games which do not receive a patch. They're run in One S mode so if you're coming from a One X it'll be way worse.

In the long run I expect the Series S to sell very well, particularly among parents, casual gamers, returning gamers etc.

More scalpers looking at the X too I'd think.

Would guess there'd be less people willing to pay double the price for a S as that would be for the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah I traded PSVR and games on Sunday around lunchtime and was approved by 6 that day. Money was sent to the account first thing on Monday much handier than getting cash.

I'm definitely gonna do the online sell when I'm read to get rid of PS4 so as I thought I'd be waiting a week or so for payment to go through. That sounds handy and only need to take 1 trip in. I see signing in online doesn't need your membership number. Do they still ask for your card when you bring it in?

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    no they arent
    Rx713B wrote: »
    The Deception.......The Betrayal......Man you deceived me!!:pac:

I added one to my cart without issue seconds before I posted that as a test - possibly I locked up the last one :S sorry! Didn't take it as I read (in this thread) parcel motel & wizard don't work with argos uk. Hope you got one elsewhere...

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Hi all, does anyone know if powercity will be stocking the ps5? I vaguely remember being able to pick up a ps4 on launch night in one of their stores with no pre-order needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

luciddream wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone know if powercity will be stocking the ps5? I vaguely remember being able to pick up a ps4 on launch night in one of their stores with no pre-order needed.

best off rining them and asking them,

their website isn't the greatest

Berty wrote: »
    I see Gamestop, unless somebody already mentioned it, have changed their wording(even though you still cannot pre order) from not guaranteed in 2020 to the following

Yeah - This was what I got at 8:15 am this morning from gamestop - I hesitated at seeing this knowing it was reported that some Games Stops in other countries only had as low as 12 x's and 2 s's allocated to sell.

527086.jpg

It just didn't inspire confidence in them having it any time year...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Some one on adverts selling ps5 console for 500 and 399 seems to have a lot in stock and good enough feedback. Something about 70 deposit so not sure if included in price or that's extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Some one on adverts selling ps5 console for 500 and 399 seems to have a lot in stock and good enough feedback. Something about 70 deposit so not sure if included in price or that's extra.

Why would they sell them at cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

kirkfx wrote: »
    Why would they sell them at cost?

They're a retailer in Waterford. Likely using Adverts as their online presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Least not ripping people off if its right.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

Never used adverts before . Would this be a genuine seller. He does have 70 positive ratings but not for huge items. Qty is 50. How would one know that it is legitimate pre order. would there be a receipt from playstation.? Would a mobile phone shop have 50 play stations ? I'm tempted. What to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Was just in gamestop paying off the balance on my ps5, they told me even though I pre booked in June I wasn't guaranteed one before xmas. And said that gamestop didn't know how many they were actually getting from playstation. So take from that what you will.

Buddy of mine manages the local gamestop. He said they could get 5, they could get 30. Sony has not released the figures to the retailers at all yet, so the retailers can't give the regional stores the numbers that they will be allocated yet. He said they would be going out on a first come first serve basis (Based on when the pre-order was made) and they have some people who pre-ordered it as soon as it was announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Zambian wrote: »
    Never used adverts before . Would this be a genuine seller. He does have 70 positive ratings but not for huge items. Qty is 50. How would one know that it is legitimated pre order. would there be a receipt from playstation.? Would a mobile phone shop have 50 play stations ? I'm tempted. What to do.

I'm interested in knowing this too. I'm in Waterford so this would be very handy. Can't help but feel skeptical...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement