Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Noticed gamestop added "not all preorders are guaranteed for launch day" for ps5 now not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm definitely gonna do the online sell when I'm read to get rid of PS4 so as I thought I'd be waiting a week or so for payment to go through. That sounds handy and only need to take 1 trip in. I see signing in online doesn't need your membership number. Do they still ask for your card when you bring it in?

You can add your membership number when you go through the online sales process but its not required and they didn't ask me for mine when I dropped my stuff off. I had added it when doing the online bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Offloaded my Ps4 Pro for €237 in CEX, have a one x also so that will do me until PS5, Reckon that price wont be available closer to release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I just sold some stuff to CEX with the drop and go system, was quick and completely painless and they emailed me my voucher in under 40 mins
    Zambian wrote: »
    Never used adverts before . Would this be a genuine seller. He does have 70 positive ratings but not for huge items. Qty is 50. How would one know that it is legitimate pre order. would there be a receipt from playstation.? Would a mobile phone shop have 50 play stations ? I'm tempted. What to do.

70 positive ratings would certainly suggest the person is reliable, but the worry would be would they get the stock that they have been promised. I would go for the pre-order if you don't have one but drop it if you find something more reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm definitely gonna do the online sell when I'm read to get rid of PS4 so as I thought I'd be waiting a week or so for payment to go through. That sounds handy and only need to take 1 trip in. I see signing in online doesn't need your membership number. Do they still ask for your card when you bring it in?
    I set up an account and created the order via the app. I added the bank details via the app. Since I had been in 10 minutes earlier I just had to give my name and they checked their inbox. Was only asked to confirm email as had registered years ago in store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I set up an account and created the order via the app. I added the bank details via the app. Since I had been in 10 minutes earlier I just had to give my name and they checked their inbox. Was only asked to confirm email as had registered years ago in store

The bank transfers can take a while but once you get the receipt emailed to you, you are grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

Ericaa wrote: »
    I'm interested in knowing this too. I'm in Waterford so this would be very handy. Can't help but feel skeptical...

Have a look at their Facebook page. Recent offers include a PS2 remote control ("Offers an impressive range of DVD viewing options plus standard game control functionality") and they shared a fake GTAVI video with the words "Coming Soon".

Then ask yourself if this random shop in Waterford with no online presence bar Adverts/FB can fulfil an order for 50 PS5s by release.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Then ask yourself if this random shop in Waterford with no online presence bar Adverts/FB can fulfil an order for 50 PS5s by release.

Considering the lad is selling lots of stuff I would imagine he'd fulfill the orders, but getting it by release or even Christmas will be the dodgy part I'm imagine

And judging by the offers already he'll get his 50, hope too many people don't end up relying on it

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Have a look at their Facebook page. Recent offers include a PS2 remote control ("Offers an impressive range of DVD viewing options plus standard game control functionality") and they shared a fake GTAVI video with the words "Coming Soon".

I know, I know but there's a part of me wishing that it's true :pac:

I actually reached out to Playstation support and they said they that can't verify any retailers and to use a more trusted one. I would if they weren't all sold out! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Considering the lad is selling lots of stuff I would imagine he'd fulfill the orders, but getting it by release or even Christmas will be the dodgy part I'm imagine

And judging by the offers already he'll get his 50, hope too many people don't end up relying on it

The question really comes down to how your 70 deposit is taken. If it's cash or transfer, run a mile. If it's by card, you're more protected.

• Advertisement

I'm interested in knowing this too. I'm in Waterford so this would be very handy. Can't help but feel skeptical...
    He posted looking for 50x 360 controllers the day before, now somehow a phone shop in the middle of nowhere has 50x PS5s available.

I think you're gonna get a 360 controller in the mail, he'll have proof of delivery and you'll have a battle to get your money back.

I wouldn't chance it personally. Even the fact that he has 50 of each is highly dubious, all info I have seen suggests there are fewer digital models than disc models allocated to dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I know, I know but there's a part of me wishing that it's true :pac:

I actually reached out to Playstation support and they said they that can't verify any retailers and to use a more trusted one. I would if they weren't all sold out! :rolleyes:

I'd rock up on launch day and see if they have any given its local, too dodgy to risk on adverts.

now somehow a phone shop in the middle of nowhere has 50x PS5s available.

Sorry, excuse me I'll have you know that Waterford is the biggest hotspot in Ireland :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

I have a feeling judging by comments here and the fact that he is not responding to offers. That he is raising his online presence. I want to believe it but will continue the search. Thanks for the responses .

The question really comes down to how your 70 deposit is taken. If it's cash or transfer, run a mile. If it's by card, you're more protected.

The only way anyone should bother with it is deposit by card as well as a guarantee of a refund if he doesn't have the stock x says before release

I'd hate for someone to end up reliant on a place like that and be disappointed come release day. Back in the Wii days my father got strung along for weeks and weeks after paying up front with a car boot sale type fella who although reliable for the goods in reality couldn't get the job done before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

oeb wrote: »
    Buddy of mine manages the local gamestop. He said they could get 5, they could get 30. Sony has not released the figures to the retailers at all yet, so the retailers can't give the regional stores the numbers that they will be allocated yet. He said they would be going out on a first come first serve basis (Based on when the pre-order was made) and they have some people who pre-ordered it as soon as it was announced.

a GS in dublin has said they expect about 30 PS5s, and to cover preorders to March at launch. leaving approx 300 unfulfilled in this store alone

If Smyths and Amazon seem to have a very strong idea of quotas i dont understand how GameStop can have 'no idea,..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

don’t remember a new tech shop opening here too. For something that pricey i’d tend to keep to the big retailers for this kind of stuff

don’t remember a new tech shop opening here too. For something that pricey i’d tend to keep to the big retailers for this kind of stuff

I remember noticing a different shop there, I've never been in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Back in the Wii days my father got strung along for weeks and weeks after paying up front with a car boot sale type fella who although reliable for the goods in reality couldn't get the job done before Christmas

ahh the wii days, i would sit up and scrape all the argos sites hoping to get lucky, resulted in myself and my da driving down to south dublin to longford, it was totally worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

bennyl10 wrote: »
    a GS in dublin has said they expect about 30 PS5s, and to cover preorders to March at launch. leaving approx 300 unfulfilled in this store alone

If Smyths and Amazon seem to have a very strong idea of quotas i dont understand how GameStop can have 'no idea,..

It's entirely possible that he has just not been told (Or can't tell me), I doubt a shop in Kerry would get the same numbers as Dublin though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

oeb wrote: »
    It's entirely possible that he has just not been told (Or can't tell me), I doubt a shop in Kerry would get the same numbers as Dublin though.

Best of Luck to anyone trying to get that €50 back off Gamestop.
    Shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Parsnips wrote: »
    Best of Luck to anyone trying to get that €50 back off Gamestop.
    Shambles

had a pre-order in the above mentioned one, had no issued refunding me the money(deposit plus 100 paid off) once i got one in smyths

Was actually a very easy experience

recyclops wrote: »
    ahh the wii days, i would sit up and scrape all the argos sites hoping to get lucky, resulted in myself and my da driving down to south dublin to longford, it was totally worth it

I spent the entire summer saving up for one then, buying about ~€700 worth of stuff inc several remotes and games

A smarter person would have bought the console and a couple games as quick as and then added the other stuff as time went on, a smart boy i was not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Has there been any figures released about how many consoles companies like Amazon/Smyths/Game etc will get?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

NeVeR wrote: »
    Has there been any figures released about how many consoles companies like Amazon/Smyths/Game etc will get?

No and don't expect to see them either. Wouldn't be standard practice to announce it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

bennyl10 wrote: »

Janey that's mad. Hope it was Stephens green have mine pre ordered there since December

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

.G. wrote: »
    You can add your membership number when you go through the online sales process but its not required and they didn't ask me for mine when I dropped my stuff off. I had added it when doing the online bit.

Is your online account number the same as your membership number? I only signed up on the website recently, but was asked to sign up for full membership in the store when I brought in my goods. Having said that, the staff member in the shop didn't ask for ID or anything (maybe because I had already added my bank details to my CEX account online??).

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭iHungry

Is it worth the money to trade in a console fully boxed and all leads to CEX for the cash rather than try sell it on adverts? Mines a 1TB PS4-211

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭iHungry

Also I don't have a pre-order yet. I'm hoping to bag one from Argos with a bit of luck :)

• Advertisement

iHungry wrote: »
    Is it worth the money to trade in a console fully boxed and all leads to CEX for the cash rather than try sell it on adverts? Mines a 1TB PS4-211
    You generally get more on adverts, but it's also more hassle. Lots of timewasters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement