Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I have PS now and just got a ps4. Had the PS3 up til now so this wasnt an issue as we only had a few games for it and no PS Now.
    Can you set up 2 different people on one account.
    I want to play the higher aged games, but dont want my 8 year old to have access to them.
    I just want them to have access to the games I flag for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Smyths 2000 allocation, day one pre-orders was told to me direct by my local Manager. Their store was allocated 10 physical units for walk in pre-orders, as I'm sure all the other stores where given an allocation as well for walk in's. The rest went to online.

The few more PS5 that went up on Smyths for pre-order at the start of this week were orders that where cancelled by Smyths after checking through pre-orders. The orders they deemed excessive, multiples etc, were cancelled and put back out for pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I have PS now and just got a ps4. Had the PS3 up til now so this wasnt an issue as we only had a few games for it and no PS Now.
    Can you set up 2 different people on one account.
    I want to play the higher aged games, but dont want my 8 year old to have access to them.
    I just want them to have access to the games I flag for them.

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/PS4-Parental-Controls?language=en_US#:~:text=On%20your%20PS4%20system%2C%20go,select%20a%20feature%20to%20adjust.

This should help

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thats the issue with their naming, it could catch a few people out. :o

At least the PS is chronological and down the line, a larger SSD might be the only option you'll have between versions to avoid confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The few more PS5 that went up on Smyths for pre-order at the start of this week were orders that where cancelled by Smyths after checking through pre-orders. The orders they deemed excessive, multiples etc, where cancelled and put back out for pre-order.

Argos and Harvey Norman seem to be the best hope for those who missed out, maybe a visit to Smyths and Gamestop on launch day to see if you get lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

OMG... I would like to be a fly on the wall when little Jonnie opens up his present on Xmas morning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

OMG... I would like to be a fly on the wall when little Jonnie opens up his present on Xmas morning :eek:

Are they both about the same price? The way the Xboxes are named is a complete joke and was bound to lead to confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Are they both about the same price? The way the Xboxes are named is a complete joke and was bound to lead to confusion.
    It really amazon fault for still stocking the xbox one x when they should had sell them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

How will Argos work? Reserve at launch day at crack of midnight? Seems open to abuse.

scottigael wrote: »
    How will Argos work? Reserve at launch day at crack of midnight? Seems open to abuse.

You can sign up for a notification, hopefully they explain how it will work ahead of time, but who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

rob808 wrote: »
    It really amazon fault for still stocking the xbox one x when they should had sell them off.

Seriously? I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

at this stage I think my only hope is camping out over night, to try and get one in store. Has anyone done this before.? Thankfully I've missed most madness of previously releases. Have the X box One X . Think the worry this time is that there will be no supply for Christmas. Blast it anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

I'd rather be a fly on the wall when it arrives in the next day or two, weeks before release :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Seriously? I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not...
    yea I was joking Microsoft should had never call it series x lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Come on Sony... you've built up enough suspense, show us more consoles

I see some d!ckhead in Donegal on Donedeal with a PS5 and a Series X for 1k each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

unhappys10 wrote: »
    I see some d!ckhead in Donegal on Donedeal with a PS5 and a Series X for 1k each.

I never understand why people call others names/abuse them. You are worse then them in my opinion.

I dont agree with what they do either but you cant stop them and they are not harming anyone. If someone is willing to pay that than they are the real issue.

Its going to happen whether you like it or not. There will be dozens on Adverts/Donedeal on release going for well over retail and people will be buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Smyths 2000 allocation, day one pre-orders was told to me direct by my local Manager. Their store was allocated 10 physical units for walk in pre-orders, as I'm sure all the other stores where given an allocation as well for walk in's. The rest went to online.

The few more PS5 that went up on Smyths for pre-order at the start of this week were orders that where cancelled by Smyths after checking through pre-orders. The orders they deemed excessive, multiples etc, were cancelled and put back out for pre-order.

I was wondering why they allowed you to pre-order multiples instead of limiting one per customer.
    dan786 wrote: »
    I never understand why people call others names/abuse them. You are worse then them in my opinion.

I dont agree with what they do either but you cant stop them and they are not harming anyone. If someone is willing to pay that than they are the real issue.

Nah I agree with him, they are dickheads pure and simple, and using that capitalism/free market nonsense to defend them is almost as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Jaysus we were lucky those of us who got one so. Id imagine people on this forum make up a high percentage of those who successfully pre ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

If people have an issue with PS5 being sold for retailer then what about other things?

Webcams are going for twice their retail value on Adverts - Supply v Demand (work from home)

Every year iPhones sell for 200-300 over retail at launch on Adverts - Just so people can get them early they pay it.

Why do people only have an issue with consoles? I think its just that they couldnt get one and now are abusing others because they did and are making money off them as well.

Again I do not agree with it but would not shout abuse at anyone for doing it. If they can make quick money good for them.

• Advertisement

Jaysus we were lucky those of us who got one so. Id imagine people on this forum make up a high percentage of those who successfully pre ordered.

Can't imagine many others knew. They were all taken by people either on this forum or friends of people on the forum. I pre-ordered one and clued in 3 friends.

Its going to happen whether you like it or not. There will be dozens on Adverts/Donedeal on release going for well over retail and people will be buying them.

Generally people ruin them by bidding stupid money and not paying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Why do people only have an issue with consoles? I think its just that they couldnt get one and now are abusing others because they did and are making money off them as well.

I got a console and think reselling one for double the price is an asshole move.

Taking a console just to profiteer of it potentially deprives a kid of a Christmas present, or a fan of something they’ve been looking forward to for years. Worse, you could take advantage of a parent who will pay the outrageous price simply because of social pressure. It’s a cynical, selfish move and deserving of criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

If people have an issue with PS5 being sold for retailer then what about other things?

Webcams are going for twice their retail value on Adverts - Supply v Demand (work from home)

Every year iPhones sell for 200-300 over retail at launch on Adverts - Just so people can get them early they pay it.

Again I do not agree with it but would not shout abuse at anyone for doing it. If they can make quick money good for them.

Sclapers are dickheads regardless of what they are selling. They are only out to make money off others misfortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I don't agree with what they do either but you cant stop them and they are not harming anyone. If someone is willing to pay that than they are the real issue.

Well that's just not true. As grown adults we can all rationalize if we miss out on one one and hold out for an eventual release. Parents end up extremely stressed over being unable to find one for their kids (which is exacerbated by being locked down) and end up spending more than they can afford because they're desperate. I'm not a parent but I hear it every year the stress when kids want the "in product", be it a toy or game. And parents want to be good to their kids.

It's a bit like buying tickets and marking them up and saying what's the harm. Well the harm is that people who want them miss out and end up spending beyond their means because they're desperate.

Legally, sure there's nothing wrong with it. But morally, its gutter behaviour.

Absolute BS.

They know there will be limited supply.
    They know they are competing with parents of kids, some of which are still into Santy and couldn't possibly understand why Santy couldn't give them what they want.
    So they are basically taking away kids Xmas presents.
    Or at the very least putting even more strain on families who no doubt have had a tough year already with the additional cost, I'd say that's harming people would you not?

Supply and demand is boll0x, they have no regard for others and are out to make a quick buck at the expense of everyone else.

I have pre-orders for Series X and PS5, I could stick them up for 1k each, but I won't, because I'm not a scumbag.

So tell me again, who is the d!ckhead or who is worse?

It is not like scalpers have some kind of market foresight, they literally are taking something away from someone to charge them double or triple the price minutes later. They are not entrepreneurs.

I ended up pre-ordering 4 PS5s, but I let 3 of them go, I could easily have kept the 3 spares and made myself a tidy profit. The thought honestly crossed my mind but was quickly dismissed. It would be a ****ty thing to do to take someone's excitement for it and use it to extort them.

Markitron wrote: »
    It is not like scalpers have some kind of market foresight, they literally are taking something away from someone to charge them double or triple the price minutes later. They are not entrepreneurs.

Exactly, they are the same scum as ticket touts, sadly not illegal like touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Are people really expecting no more stock between now and launch day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's kind of like an exploit or glitch in a game. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should and you are going to piss people off.
    Ultimately it's supply and demand, just a grubby little way to go about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement