Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Keep at it. Was able to get 10 (Nah, only messing. Got one... eventually).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

sgarvan wrote: »
    Got to enter cart details. Place order clicked and nothing. Still in basket and site is crashed. Fingers crossed

Keep refreshing, i entered my card details and site crashing when transferring me to the payment site. I kept refreshing and eventually got back in to see pre-order confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

is it deliveyr only or also collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I'd have one in my basket since the first release and still couldnt check out!! WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Took dozens of refreshing three separate pages to get it to got through for me in my cart. If it greys out just refresh and try again. I didn't get a confirmation window that crashed too but the address bar said order confirmation and about 2-4 minutes later the email came through.

If you refresh and your basket is empty it means it's gone through I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

in my basked and it crashed!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

RIP website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Got one! Stay refreshing at it and don't go return back.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

'place order' is greyed out upon entering CC details

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lodwick

Finally FFS, got the confirmation email even though the site has been crashing for me. keep refreshing when card details are in and fingers crossed it will work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Wear out that F5 key lads

Keep trying folks. Don't stop until the site comes back up stable and it's CONFIRMED that they are gone. These server-side connections could still be in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I tick the Terms & Conditions and click Place Order. It turns grey and nothing happens. URL has not changed either. Should I refresh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Well that was an experience. Crashed about 3 times ordering, then about 5 times getting to basket, about 5 more times getting to payment and then took may 20-30 refreshes for the payment to go to confirmation! Luckily the email came in straight away otherwise I wouldn't have believed it.

Smyths must've gotten a good few PS5, its still showing as available on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yay got one! That was so painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

got one as well - I had the same issue on the order page.

Clicking it turned grey.

Keep refreshing it when it happens, it went through eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Are ye refreshing if the Place Order goes grey and nothing happens? or how loong you waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ian.f

Has anyone not gotten their confirmation email yet? My Order section says I have an order that went through at 11:58 but no email yet, lots of people saying they have emails almost instantly?

• Advertisement

Same problem. Greyed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Got it for Click and collect! Nice one. Wear out the F5, people!

kitten_k wrote: »
    Yay got one! That was so painful!

You've clearly never tried to get Glastonbury tickets... :D

Keep going folks

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

ian.f wrote: »
    Has anyone not gotten their confirmation email yet? My Order section says I have an order that went through at 11:58 but no email yet, lots of people saying they have emails almost instantly?

Got my email a few minutes after it placed, maybe like 2-3 mins not 15+

ian.f wrote: »

I got my email a few minutes after the order was confirmed, showing on the Smyths website in my Order history too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

and the rest.... some people on this thread put down money last year in gamestop

They've taken on way more than they can fulfill, it's going to be a mess.... Also given their financial situation, I'd say they simply won't care about the negative impact that the impending backlash will have on them because in the short to medium term they're history....

In short, i'm not saying don't go with gamestop, just be cautious because the warning signs are there

All this about Gamestops financial situation is nonsense by the way. They have over 650 million euro in cash.

They're not going anywhere soon but yes they have bit off more than they can chew here with Irish pre orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

do you just wait when the place order button goes grey or F5 >????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

I tick the Terms & Conditions and click Place Order. It turns grey and nothing happens. URL has not changed either. Should I refresh?

im there too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Eventually after persistance got the preorder confirmation email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Got one, eventually even if the system crashed after I pressed place order, it's in my order history.

€800 for the first person who wants it :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement