Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    I got my name on the pre order list in Gamestop on the day the PS5 went live earlier his month in Tullamore, anyone hear anything since from Gamestop? What are my chances like for before Christmas?

Did you get an email yesterday from them? I think they started sending out emails to people telling them when they're likely to receive theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone know what the story is with your monthly free games on ps plus with the ps5? Do you still receive them, presumably that they're ps4 titles

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Penn wrote: »
    Did you get an email yesterday from them? I think they started sending out emails to people telling them when they're likely to receive theirs.

No I never received an email? I should probably call them and see what the craic is?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

duploelabs wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with your monthly free games on ps plus with the ps5? Do you still receive them, presumably that they're ps4 titles

Like most stuff relating to the PS5, Sony have been radio silent. With the instant collection being an addition to PS Plus I'd say we will still be getting PS4 games every month

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    There's very little info for the YouTubers et al to talk about though. And one or two of them are expressing their dismay at Sony's messaging this time, even PlayStation dedicated channels. This hasn't been handled well by Sony. Just because pre-orders have sold out doesn't mean everyone is happy with their strategy.

They may be expressing dismay but they themselves are fanning the fires of the demand for consoles. Putting up videos, and I've watched a good few(two this morning alone) anybody who watches one sees "nobody can really get their hands on a pre order" so they themselves will be encouraged to do whatever they can to get one.

"If everybody is killing each other for one, then surely I must want one" and orders one for the sake of it. On this thread alone you had somebody saying "I took the digital version" and wanted to trade it for a disc version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When sites got a XBox they let people know. Wonder if the same will happen for PS5 or are they not allowed

Digital foundry got the Xbox yesterday and some rapper who is signed to Sony got a PS5 so I would say any day now...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When sites got a XBox they let people know. Wonder if the same will happen for PS5 or are they not allowed

All this stuff will be under embargoes and NDAs. Digital Foundry mentioned when the Series S was announced they knew about it back in March but were contractually obliged to say nothing.

If outlets have Series S/X now they're only talking about back compatibility and aren't allowed to talk about anything else.

I assume this is very similar to the PS5 editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Berty wrote: »
    They may be expressing dismay but they themselves are fanning the fires of the demand for consoles. Putting up videos, and I've watched a good few(two this morning alone) anybody who watches one sees "nobody can really get their hands on a pre order" so they themselves will be encouraged to do whatever they can to get one.

"If everybody is killing each other for one, then surely I must want one" and orders one for the sake of it. On this thread alone you had somebody saying "I took the digital version" and wanted to trade it for a disc version.

I'll give the general public a tad more credit than that, but even then, none of what you've said changes the fact that this Sony's communication has been poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I believe they have been very quiet because they are under pressure in terms of launch readiness. I'm not suggesting they will not make the launch, just that they are working around the clock and they are literally not in a position to show or talk about certain things.

In comparison Microsoft seem to be ahead of schedule if anything. They gave people a hands on with the hardware and software 6 months ago, showed the cooling solution, everything. Phil Spencer talked about having a working unit in his home in March. A week ago they sent dozens of working units to journalists. To just let units out in the wild like that so far from launch is almost unheard of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looking at Smyths it seems PS4 owners will be paying next gen prices for Miles Morales.
    Likely be the case for all crossgen games that have a free upgrade to stop people getting the PS5 version cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When can we expect to see the first deep dives hands on look into the PS5 system? You'd expect something soon surely?

When you open the box on launch day and boot it up for the first time by the looks of it.

PS5 Pre orders back on Game.co.uk, obviously hit and miss with timings and what you want.

PS5+Controller definitely as I followed it right through to Credit Card details

PS5 + Controller + Headset
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...eadset-2835871

PS5+ Controller
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...roller-2835866

PS5 + Spiderman
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...orales-2836762

PS5 + Spiderman + Controller
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...orales-2836761

£6.99 to Ireland if needs be for shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Won't let me past without UK mobile number. Do you just throw in any random number to get past it?

Penn wrote: »
    Won't let me past without UK mobile number. Do you just throw in any random number to get past it?

07761231234 normally gets through, wonder who the poor sod in the UK with that mobile number is :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Smiths had more allocations on saturday but I forgot to check their page on Friday for updates. My uncle has an Expert Electrical in Cork so maybe he can get one but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

TitianGerm wrote: »
    When you open the box on launch day and boot it up for the first time by the looks of it.

Before or after the day 1 update?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

PS5 Pre orders back on Game.co.uk, obviously hit and miss with timings and what you want.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...eadset-2835871

PS5+ Controller
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...roller-2835866

PS5 + Spiderman
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...orales-2836762

https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...orales-2836761

Good man! Got 1 sorted for christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jc3112

PS5+ Controller

PS5 + Spiderman

I got one with controller had to get it shipped to my sister in Wales. What do you think my chances are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

local GS just told me that they will be phoning customers with instore preorders from next week or two on ETA.
    I should be grand. I put deposit down on 05 June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Jc3112 wrote: »
    I got one with controller had to get it shipped to my sister in Wales. What do you think my chances are?

Could you not just use parcel motel?

Markitron wrote: »

I should have but I’ve missed out twice with smyths website crashing when I hit payment so didn’t take the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

local GS just told me that they will be phoning customers with instore preorders from next week or two on ETA.

I put mine down around the same time and was told they couldn't guarantee before xmas

Markitron wrote: »

Parcel motel, if you take the up to €1,000 increased liability would be over €10 anyway the £6.99 shipping directly to ROI is a better deal as it's with DPD anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

Were Game UK charging the full amount up front?
    just wondering why my Revolut card wouldnt work for the preorder

It hasn’t come out of my account but would not work with my address, I used my sisters and got confirmation straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Why would they be giving you an eta, release date is 19/11

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

petes wrote: »
    Why would they be giving you an eta, release date is 19/11

Not everyone will be getting it on release day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Says payment will be taken 7 days before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

Jc3112 wrote: »
    It hasn’t come out of my account but would not work with my address, I used my sisters and got confirmation straight away.
    FixitFelix wrote: »
    Says payment will be taken 7 days before

cheers lads, it just kept saying payment unsuccessful with no reason given

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement