Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

local GS just told me that they will be phoning customers with instore preorders from next week or two on ETA.
    I should be grand. I put deposit down on 05 June.

i wouldn't be so sure, I had a deposit in GS from June, went in once i had the smyths one sorted, was told Any after March they couldnt guarantee for launch and I would have been looking at 2021, slim chance pre christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Were Game UK charging the full amount up front?
    just wondering why my Revolut card wouldnt work for the preorder

perhaps as its a prepaid card?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Jesus if they can't guarantee any preorders after march then there's going to be some amount of pissed off people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

wexdevil wrote: »
    Jesus if they can't guarantee any preorders after march then there's going to be some amount of pissed off people.

yup I feel awful for the staff, they are going get a load of abuse for the companies stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

wexdevil wrote: »

Imagine putting down €50 8 months before release and being told you are not getting one. Gamestop are the ****ing worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 pinking

Ebay should ban the people selling pre-order confirmations for up to €1000. Literally just worth waiting until after Christmas and buying the console 2nd hand from all the CoD rage quitters that don't want it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GreyAlien

cheers lads, it just kept saying payment unsuccessful with no reason given

Seems to do that if you try and get it delivered here. Use a N. Ireland or UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'll crack up if I'm rang or emailed and told I ain't getting one.

Saved up my holidays in work this year and have 2 weeks booked off for release.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Whatever about individuals scalping (which is scummy enough) but when shops like CEX do it, it drives me mad. The time the PSVR was in short supply you couldn't get one as people were snapping them up and walking right into CEX to sell for €50 profit.

Whatever about individuals scalping (which is scummy enough) but when shops like CEX do it, it drives me mad. The time the PSVR was in short supply you couldn't get one as people were snapping them up and walking right into CEX to sell for €50 profit.

Yea I knew someone that spent €600 or so on one in CEX, usual story, kid wanted it for christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Markitron wrote: »
    Yea I knew someone that spent €600 or so on one in CEX, usual story, kid wanted it for christmas

Santa will be too busy because of covid19 will be the story many children are told.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Santa will be too busy because of covid19 will be the story many children are told.

North Pole isn't on the green list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Just seem to have bagged one from the Game link posted a few pages back, used parcel motel.

Have the order confirmation number through but they didn't take payment? Do they not take it until its shipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

blaze1 wrote: »
    Just seem to have bagged one from the Game link posted a few pages back, used parcel motel.

Have the order confirmation number through but they didn't take payment? Do they not take it until its shipped?

Smyths aren't taking any money until it dispatches. Could be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

bennyl10 wrote: »
    yup I feel awful for the staff, they are going get a load of abuse for the companies stupidity

Well I hope Gamestop are motivated enough to do something about it, and if they really have no way in hell to get more consoles, find some other way to compensate those of us in "not now or soon, maybe sometime next year?" pre-orders.

Companies have to face accountability, this isn't the wild west.

Kanney wrote: »
    Smyths aren't taking any money until it dispatches. Could be the same.

Would make sense I guess, save any messy refunds just in case they have oversold "cough cough Gamestop"

The_Brood wrote: »
    Well I hope Gamestop are motivated enough to do something about it, and if they really have no way in hell to get more consoles, find some other way to compensate those of us in "not now or soon, maybe sometime next year?" pre-orders.

They have been taking unofficial pre-orders for over a year, literally all they care about here is getting that €50 per customer into their bank accounts.

They do not give a **** about their staff or their customers.

They have been taking unofficial pre-orders for over a year, literally all they care about here is getting that €50 per customer into their bank accounts.

They do not give a **** about their staff or their customers.

A cynical person would wonder if they were just helping to boost revenue to show a profitable business. With the evolution of digital and then covid, can't see how they survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The_Brood wrote: »

To be fair, I think everyone and their dog knows GS won't be here for the PS6 and the XboxTwoXSeriesX2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I hope my GS pre order is for launch. They have quite a good trade in offer for the PS4 Pro.

Anywhere else I could get a good price for the PS4 Pro at the moment?

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    To be fair, I think everyone and their dog knows GS won't be here for the PS6 and the XboxTwoXSeriesX2

I'm shocked they are still around for PS5
    I hope my GS pre order is for launch. They have quite a good trade in offer for the PS4 Pro.

Price kinda cratered last week. You will get more on adverts than CEX but it will be a lot more hassle. If you don't mind the risk of waiting for the PS5, GS is probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The GS deal appears to be pretty darn good. CEX are offering €163 cash for a 1TB PS 4 Pro. Or €227 in vouchers, which is pretty bad

• Registered Users Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm shocked they are still around for PS5

If they start having to refund so many peoples €50, they may not see too far into 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

blaze1 wrote: »
    A cynical person would wonder if they were just helping to boost revenue to show a profitable business. With the evolution of digital and then covid, can't see how they survive.

Say that say make even a little bit on interest. Tho I would like to hear from them to see if I got mine but I would really hate to be staff ringing people telling them they didn't. People will go ape ****

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Say that say make even a little bit on interest. Tho I would like to hear from them to see if I got mine but I would really hate to be staff ringing people telling them they didn't. People will go ape ****

That's why the sent that pathetic email

That's why the sent that pathetic email

Say that's only for people who pre ordered online. But ones who came into the shop they may only have their mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just checked when did I actually pre - preorder with GS, in light of these emails they've been issuing.

All the way back in January! Seems so long ago now

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Just checked when did I actually pre - preorder with GS, in light of these emails they've been issuing.

All the way back in January! Seems so long ago now

December myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Heh. I wonder if that's an indirect response to Push Square's video.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement