Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Thanks so much. Got it sorted. This setting seemed to do it. Loaded up Red Dead there and got the option to adjust HDR which I never had before.

Have more confidence in the TV now. Should have HDR at 4k and 50-60 FPS which should do me for the PS5 for a while. Was beginning to panic about it.

Thanks for the support guys.

Just as a heads up, unless they have fixed it, RDR2 has fake HDR. It will tell your TV that it is sending a HDR signal but it is really just SDR.

I wouldn't use it to adjust your HDR picture settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GreyAlien

Mango Joe wrote: »
    What would people recommend as the best alternative to Parcel Motel - Nothing but problems with them in the last while from inexplicable delays to a package being ripped open.

I'd say DPD Wizard. They're more generous with size restrictions. Granted they deliver to your home and no locker, so you'd need to have someone there. Unless your workplace is an option with receiving deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Markitron wrote: »
    Just as a heads up, unless they have fixed it, RDR2 has fake HDR. It will tell your TV that it is sending a HDR signal but it is really just SDR.

I wouldn't use it to adjust your HDR picture settings.

Red Dead 2 got a proper HDR patch last year HDR works just fine on Game mode HDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Berty wrote: »
    PS5 Pre orders back on Game.co.uk, obviously hit and miss with timings and what you want.

PS5+Controller definitely as I followed it right through to Credit Card details

PS5 + Controller + Headset
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...eadset-2835871

PS5+ Controller
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...roller-2835866

PS5 + Spiderman
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...orales-2836762

PS5 + Spiderman + Controller
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...orales-2836761

£6.99 to Ireland if needs be for shipping

Quoting Berty's post for the link. Good man Berty :)

But Game seems to have stock again. Their main page says they are sold out but the direct links are working.

I got a disk version with an extra controller. It costs £9.99 to deliver too, and then Parcel Motel price so it is in around the €600 mark.

Edit: It looks to be out of stock again. I'd say some orders are getting cancelled or cards refused and a hand full will be available each day. Worth bookmarking the links and keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Quoting Berty's post for the link. Good man Berty :)

But Game seems to have stock again. Their main page says they are sold out but the direct links are working.

I got a disk version with an extra controller. It costs £9.99 to deliver too, and then Parcel Motel price so it is in around the €600 mark.

None are working for me when I try to add to basket

Just seen your edit, I'd say you're right, they're releasing a few small bits of stock as other orders get cancelled or refused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

If you're looking for stock from game.co.uk download app called hotstock and set up an alert, will ping your phone the second stock comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I'd be quite hopfull the likes of harvey norman will get some back in or even Smiths

I'd be quite hopfull the likes of harvey norman will get some back in or even Smiths

I'd say Smyths certainly will but I wouldn't be confident of it being for launch day. I have no experience of buying from HN but it just seems like the kind of place where the staff would take them all before anyone else had a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

I spoke with Harvey Norman this week and they advised me to sign up for the newsletter and that an email will go out 48 hours before they are due to go on sale, dunno how true this is though.

Have gotten through Game.co.uk's system a few times but once I agree to pay, it tells me it's now out of stock.

I'm trying to pay with paypal, I wonder if just putting in my card details would get through quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Penn wrote: »
    Have gotten through Game.co.uk's system a few times but once I agree to pay, it tells me it's now out of stock.

I'm trying to pay with paypal, I wonder if just putting in my card details would get through quicker.

I'd say it is just going out of stock. I paid with Paypal this morning.

Have an account set up and address, payment option on it. Otherwise you will get stuck in the flow for too long. If you get one into your basket you can quickly ship it and pay via Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    From Reddit:
    NO you do NOT need HDMI 2.1 for eARC, ALLM, or VRR. All of those can be baked into HDMI 2.0b IF your TV AND your SOURCE supports those features!

Can confirm this. My TV has VRR, and I got it in 2018. I think it also has ALLM as well. The TV switches to game mode automatically for my PS4 and Xbox One X.

wes wrote: »
    Can confirm this. My TV has VRR, and I got it in 2018. I think it also has ALLM as well. The TV switches to game mode automatically for my PS4 and Xbox One X.

Mine is a 2019 TV and has most of those features too. The eArc is a godsend for me atm.

Managed to grab a digital version from Game, so cheers folks. My original preorder from Smyths (disk version) will be going to my younger cousin.

I might still try pick up another Smyths/Argos disk version here too and then sell either it or the digital (for cost price, not a scalper), just to negate any f*ckery that comes from buying from Game in the UK, relying on Parcel Motel etc, but will give people in here first dibs on it if I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

How reliable is DPD wizard guys? Haven't used it before but considering it for PS5 if it comes available.
    Least DPD Wizard goes to you house instead of a locker but I've seen some bad reviews online, bit scared forking over 500+ quid for a PS5...

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Finally got my order in with Game. A number of times, I got past selecting my payment details, only for an out of stock message to appear.
    If it fails, I'd say keep trying.

Thanks for the links guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Anyone have any suggestions for some 4k monitors suitable for ps5? I have a 1440p monitor right now but it's getting old and has a few dead pixels so may as well upgrade now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    How reliable is DPD wizard guys? Haven't used it before but considering it for PS5 if it comes available.
    Least DPD Wizard goes to you house instead of a locker but I've seen some bad reviews online, bit scared forking over 500+ quid for a PS5...

I use both and I would veer towards Parcel Wizard faster and really only use the Motel if I know something is later in the week to capitalise on the Saturday collection which PW doesn't have of course.

PS5 launch is a Thursday so IF they ship you a unit from the UK on a Wednesday(night before launch) you would probably have it on the 20th whether or not you go with either company. IF yours ship on the 19th then DPD/PW wouldn't likely get it to you till the Monday 23rd but Parcel Motel probably would on the 21st.

/cats amongst pigeons :D

Berty wrote: »
    I use both and I would veer towards Parcel Wizard faster and really only use the Motel if I know something is later in the week to capitalise on the Saturday collection which PW doesn't have of course.

PS5 launch is a Thursday so IF they ship you a unit from the UK on a Wednesday(night before launch) you would probably have it on the 20th whether or not you go with either company. IF yours ship on the 19th then DPD/PW wouldn't likely get it to you till the Monday 23rd but Parcel Motel probably would on the 21st.

/cats amongst pigeons :D

I have always received from PW on a Saturday. They even delivered something to me last Saturday.

• Advertisement

I'll go with Parcel Wizard DPD so, I've set up an account now and downloaded the HotStock app so all we need to do now is get a playstation 5........

Basil3 wrote: »
    I have always received from PW on a Saturday. They even delivered something to me last Saturday.

I would guess you might be in Dublin. I have not heard of them delivering, other than Christmas, on a Saturday outside of there.

I'm just skeptical using the Wizard or Parcel Motel because of the value of the PS5 and with the value of it and scarcity...
    There's a lot of hands it has to pass through from Game to the Republic, especially the midlands area

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Markitron wrote: »
    I'd say Smyths certainly will but I wouldn't be confident of it being for launch day. I have no experience of buying from HN but it just seems like the kind of place where the staff would take them all before anyone else had a chance.

Its from "Santa"(Wife) so i'm not worried about it coming on release day. December would be no issue so long as I have it for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was looking through a list of announced PS5 games and think only ones I'm interested in are Miles Morales, Ghostwire and GoW2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I'm just skeptical using the Wizard or Parcel Motel because of the value of the PS5 and with the value of it and scarcity...
    There's a lot of hands it has to pass through from Game to the Republic, especially the midlands area

There will be thousands of them going through this process? What's there to be worried about? Hardly going to pick yours out and say ohhh I'll have that one :pac:

If it's damage then you have the extended liability insurance with PM.

Be grand.

Extended liability to €100 by default unless you pay extra for increase it temporarily.

If you are ordering through PM and don't increase your liability then I would say you are a fool. It's an extra €3.50 to put it up to €500 for 14 days.

Parcel Wizard don't seem to have anything similar to purchase(unless somebody can point to it)

Otherwise here it is buried on page 15 of the T&Cs
    Subject to these conditions, our liability to you for any loss or damage shall be limited to the following amounts:-

The replacement value of any goods or merchandise comprising all or part of the Consignment which are stolen, lost or damaged; OR
    EUR €100 (one hundred euro) in respect of the whole Consignment,
    whichever shall be the least, save that where applicable consumer protection law requires payment by us of a greater amount, our liability shall be limited to such greater amount.

Any claim made must be supported by such evidence of the value of the goods lost or damaged as we may require.

It is important to note that they are responsible only from Newtownabbey to you, if it's coming from Game UK then it's likely DPD as well and they are responsible for the UK part of the Journey in full.

Thinking of getting a click and collect to Newry and driving up now...
    The amount of stress involved in this thing haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thinking of getting a click and collect to Newry and driving up now...
    The amount of stress involved in this thing haha

Click and Collect where?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement