Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a click and collect to Newry and driving up now...
    The amount of stress involved in this thing haha

That's what I was going to do if I didn't get lucky with Smyths. Straight up the M1 in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was looking through a list of announced PS5 games and think only ones I'm interested in are Miles Morales, Ghostwire and GoW2

Horizon I'm extremely excited for

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Kanney wrote: »
    Horizon I'm extremely excited for

I found the first one fun at first but got real grindy and I just wasn't good at it, story was good though (ended up watching a play through)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Kremin wrote: »
    I found the first one fun at first but got real grindy and I just wasn't good at it, story was good though (ended up watching a play through)

You can avoid all of the grindy bits in the first one and just play through the story missions. You will get more than enough gear to never be underpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't played the first one yet. Might play it in the coming weeks. Or wait and play on Pro mode on the PS5

• Advertisement

Haven't played the first one yet. Might play it in the coming weeks. Or wait and play on Pro mode on the PS5

It looked amazing on the Pro so at least hold out for that. I am still hoping it gets a PS5 upgrade of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

"High Quality Screens From PS5 Games" (Resetera), including GT7, RE8, Kena, Horizon, and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Its cheap as, you've plenty of time, no release date for 2 yet. Just 2021. It's excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

When can we actually see a PS5 running a game. When will see a teardown, questions answered, etc.

There are a million questions to be answered and before people start posting the "captured on a PS5" footage we know there has been a lot of deception in the marketing. We were told this would be a next gen console and that they would be leaving the previous generation behind and then they abandoned that.

Kanney wrote: »
    Its cheap as, you've plenty of time, no release date for 2 yet. Just 2021. It's excellent

I own the complete edition or whatever it's called. Just need to play it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Sorry if this is already posted.

I was in GameStop the other day paying off the PS5 and the bloke said whoever ordered in store will be prioritised over online pre orders. He said we’ll get a call in the next week to say we got one or an email to say we won’t get one until 2021.

A mate of mine got an email today to say he won’t be getting his until 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

When can we actually see a PS5 running a game. When will see a teardown, questions answered, etc.

There are a million questions to be answered and before people start posting the "captured on a PS5" footage we know there has been a lot of deception in the marketing. We were told this would be a next gen console and that they would be leaving the previous generation behind and then they abandoned that.

Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

I think some Japanese YouTubers are getting it hands on next week so should see gameplay then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I'd imagine it's a lot harder to organise these kind of things with the way the world is at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'd imagine it's a lot harder to organise these kind of things with the way the world is at the moment.

How so? Shipping companies are still running and never stopped? Microsoft were able to get consoles to people, phone manufacturers have gotten phones to reviewers and everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i5tTKSbePI&feature=youtu.be

They recast Peter Parker for the Spider-Man Remastered. I don't like the new guy...

Edit:

Same scene in PS4 version for comparison - https://youtu.be/t2v7967i3Ng?t=902

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

How so? Shipping companies are still running and never stopped? Microsoft were able to get consoles to people, phone manufacturers have gotten phones to reviewers and everything?

We don't know if it was ever in Sony's plans to send the consoles to people at this point though. The might have wanted to do a larger scale event before doing so and are looking into alternative ways of going about things now. It's also worth taking into account they've sold their pre orders no bother without having to do any of this. What's the incentive for them to bother? Microsoft had to go all out given the One's poor sales relative to PS4.

It's possible I'm well off the mark and the delay in more information is a bad thing, I just don't think it's entirely fair for people to jump to that as their first conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wing126 wrote: »

They recast Peter Parker for the Spider-Man Remastered. I don't like the new guy...

Edit:

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1311345016267182080?s=19

They say they did it to match motion capture across facial movements.

"In order to bring the best performances to players with our next-generation Marvel's Spider-Man games, we have recast the face of Peter Parker. We loved working with John Bubniak on the original game; however, to get a better match to Peter Parker/Spider-Man actor Yuri Lowenthal’s facial capture, we have cast Ben Jordan to be the face model for Peter Parker on the PS5 console," the company confirmed."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

They've definitely nerdified him by at least 37%.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Looks too young.

Looks like Tom Holland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Weird how much they are adding to the remastered version when you can only get it by buying the ultimate edition of MM. I'm definitely get ultimate MM at some stage though, would gladly play through spidey remaster. That game already looked absolutely amazing, can't wait to see all the new tech on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Why did they change Peter's face model?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Why did they change Peter's face model?

From the blog
    In order to bring the best performances to players with our next-generation Marvel’s Spider-Man games, we have recast the face of Peter Parker. We loved working with John Bubniak on the original game; however, to get a better match to Peter Parker/Spider-Man actor Yuri Lowenthal’s facial capture, we have cast Ben Jordan to be the face model for Peter Parker on the PS5 console. He looks incredible in-game, and Yuri’s moving performances take on a new life.

I think the new face looks way better, he looks like an actual human now. Also this is obviously how he looks in the new game so no harm bringing them in line

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

It looks like a digital rendering of Tom Holland, I am all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Kremin wrote: »
    I think some Japanese YouTubers are getting it hands on next week so should see gameplay then?

Hopefully. It feels like its taking forever just to get basic info and we are weeks away from launch. Its very frustrating.

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »

Edit:

Proper scene by scene comparison

Plus 60fps gameplay

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement