Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's weird in the side by side, some parts of the original look better, more defined.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Has there been any demo of backwards compatibility on PS5?

Watched the digital foundry video on the Xbox box back compat and its pretty impressive. Id like to see how Sony are doing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Feel bad for the original face guy as well being publicly dumped "you were great but this guy looks way better" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

EoinHef wrote: »
    Has there been any demo of backwards compatibility on PS5?

Watched the digital foundry video on the Xbox box back compat and its pretty impressive. Id like to see how Sony are doing with it.

I would imagine it’d work along the same lines as the Pro, and I doubt it’ll work nearly as well as the series x

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I would imagine it’d work along the same lines as the Pro, and I doubt it’ll work nearly as well as the series x

At first glance I thought you were ending that sentence with a kiss x

• Advertisement

Id like to see something running on it,givin how long Xbox have been working on back compat I would think it unrealistic to expect Sony to be as far along.

But I'm stumped as to why they haven't shown anything at all givin,to me at least,back compat hasn't ever been as important as it is for this console generations launch.

The worry would be its just rubbish so they don't wanna show it. Guess we will find out in time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Called GameStop earlier. They still have no idea if stock levels. Still no idea if I'll get it at launch

I ordered in store in March

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

Called GameStop earlier. They still have no idea if stock levels. Still no idea if I'll get it at launch

I ordered in store in March
    I heard sony calling all EU retailers telling them how many ps5 they be getting at launch.I guess Gamestop head office trying to figure out how many ps5 going to a gamestop shop.I wouldn't say it be that many given how many perorders they have taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

rob808 wrote: »
    how many perorders they have taken.

54 million :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I was doing my online grocery shopping on tesco.ie and saw they have page to express interest to pre-order a PS5 and Series X:

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/expressinterest/

You will need to log in first and then that link will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

wes wrote: »
    I was doing my online grocery shopping on tesco.ie and saw they have page to express interest to pre-order a PS5 and Series X:

IMO, you're not a real baller until you have a PS5 delivered with a carton of milk, microwave meals and some veg via Tesco home delivery.

rob808 wrote: »
    I heard sony calling all EU retailers telling them how many ps5 they be getting at launch....

You can just imagine GameStop getting that call

iStock_000034122080Small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Id like to see something running on it,givin how long Xbox have been working on back compat I would think it unrealistic to expect Sony to be as far along.

The back compat between Xbox One and Xbox 360 was no easy thing to get working, but the difference between next gen and current gen consoles is minimal. There is no reason to think the PS5 won't work pretty well yet.

Markitron wrote: »
    The back compat between Xbox One and Xbox 360 was no easy thing to get working, but the difference between next gen and current gen consoles is minimal. There is no reason to think the PS5 won't work pretty well yet.

There's only the top 100 games confirmed to work and I dont think all of them will be available at launch so it doesn't seem as simple as the consoles are similar so everything should just work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

There's only the top 100 games confirmed to work and I dont think all of them will be available at launch so it doesn't seem as simple as the consoles are similar so everything should just work

99% of PS4 games will work on PS5 say Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They kinda fluffed the explanation of that. They tested the top 100 games to see if the PS5 improved the performance of the game and most did. Pretty much every PS4 game (99%+) is fully expected to at least work on the PS5, and then most will likely see an upgrade in performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

Demon's Souls is up for preorder on Amazon uk now.

Penn wrote: »
    They kinda fluffed the explanation of that. They tested the top 100 games to see if the PS5 improved the performance of the game and most did. Pretty much every PS4 game (99%+) is fully expected to at least work on the PS5, and then most will likely see an upgrade in performance.

You would have to wonder why they havent showed it yet then,well i would anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

You would have to wonder why they havent showed it yet then,well i would anyway

They haven't shown anything to do with the system yet, they have been withholding almost everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The 250 trade credit offer for the PS4 pro is over now in Gamestop, only getting 200 now. Was planning to trade in this week but might just hold off for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Anyone that's ordered a PS5 from UK, any way of bypassing the requirement for a UK phone number?
    Not letting me bypass this earlier, had one ready to buy and all from GAME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Anyone that's ordered a PS5 from UK, any way of bypassing the requirement for a UK phone number?

i'll sell you my number to use, €10

Cmacc4 wrote: »

I just went 0771234... etc until it accepted however many digits is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

wes wrote: »

Did you manage to register? Nothing happens for me when I try to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

BlueEars wrote: »

Sorry, I didn't try as I already have a pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    i'll sell you my number to use, €10

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

BlueEars wrote: »

I did but didn't work on the mobile, on the Laptop yes, you get to another screen and it's a check box to ask are you okay with being contacted with news about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mate of mine got told to call into the GameStop he ordered his PS5 from as they're no longer communicating over text.

He tried ringing and they were vague about it and continued to say come in and talk to the staff about it.

Hes going in today to find out the story with it, he pre-ordered a few months ago when they were taking interest.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Mate of mine got told to call into the GameStop he ordered his PS5 from as they're no longer communicating over text.

He tried ringing and they were vague about it and continued to say come in and talk to the staff about it.

Hes going in today to find out the story with it, he pre-ordered a few months ago when they were taking interest.

That's an odd one...

• Advertisement

PS5 releasing in 6 weeks and we still don't know where the power button is lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement