Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The disaster at GameStop was taking deposits before an official pre order began.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    i'll sell you my number to use, €10

Nice try, Gamestop!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PS5 releasing in 6 weeks and we still don't know where the power button is lol

Course we do, it's on the front of the console in the black area towards the bottom (vertical) / left (horizontal). There's two buttons on the normal version (left is power, right is disk eject), and obviously only one on the digital version.

If anything the buttons are far more obvious than on the PS4 and especially the Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

The disaster at GameStop was taking deposits before an official pre order began.

Might head down the weekend and preorder the PS6.... surely I’ll get one launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

You can see the buttons. 2 on the PS5 and 1 on the PS5 Digital Edition

ps5.png

Even more visible in this one

ps5-guide.original.jpg

Stubby little buttons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

stop trying to stir sh*t.

the power is on the front of the device, even if it wasn't and we didn't know it's not exactly a failure because we don't know where the power button is.

528014.jpg

Might head down the weekend and preorder the PS6.... surely I’ll get one launch day

Even if the PS6 was being released next year, I'd worry about Gamestop still being around.

But they'd still take your pre-order though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: FAILSAFE, you will receive a ban from this forum if you resort to your usual console war trolling. Enough.

stop trying to stir sh*t.

the power is on the front of the device, even if it wasn't and we didn't know it's not exactly a failure because we don't know where the power button is.

528014.jpg

Stir sh*t?? I am having a laugh. Don't take things so seriously.

No one is saying its a failure I am saying we know so little about a console we are buying in 6 weeks :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Nice try, Gamestop!

Yikers, ive been rumbled, well you can have a space on the queue to use my number for €5*

* in true gamestop fashion i cannot gaurantee that the number will be provided in 2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have had the PS4 since launch and I'm still not sure which button is which :D

I go to press a button and wonder "Hmmm does this button put it on standby or eject?" :O One just those things, just can't figure it out. Maybe as I have it on a Vertical stand or maybe it's because I'm thick :P

No one is saying its a failure I am saying we know so little about a console we are buying in 6 weeks :eek:

Are you buying one?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Just found out today that 'launch window' for Sony could be anywhere before 6 months after launch so might not even get to play R&C until next April :(:(:( guess Spiderman is gonna have to fill a lot of time for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Penn wrote: »
    Are you buying one?

If it's like the PS4 launch, he'll say he's getting one and then give out incessantly about it...

Penn wrote: »
    Are you buying one?

Yes, Smyths pre-order.

Thankfully I couldn't actually order it in Gamestop that day. Initially I thought Gamestop and I'd trade the PS4 Pro against the PS5 in a one of those console launch deals but it seems I may have been lucky on both fronts because it looks like Gamestop are not doing a deal for a PS4 Pro trade in against the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yes, Smyths pre-order.

Thankfully I couldn't actually order it in Gamestop that day. Initially I thought Gamestop and I'd trade the PS4 Pro against the PS5 in a one of those console launch deals but it seems I may have been lucky on both fronts because it looks like Gamestop are not doing a deal for a PS4 Pro trade in against the PS5.

Yes they are
    ps5_console_trade_table_web_banner.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

They will probably take €50 off you as well

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't think it was posted here but seems there was code for in the Web store code from reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/j28s89/more_ps5_info_on_backcompat_forced/
    .Backwards Compatibility:

"playing PS4 games on PS5, some functionalities available on PS4 may not be available. See www.playstation.com/ps5-backwards-compatibility for more details." (dead link, currently)
    "This PS4 game isn't supported with your PS5's current system software. We're continuing to make more PS4 games playable on PS5. Update your PS5, and then try playing the game"
    "This PS4 game isn't supported with your PS5's current system software. We're continuing to make more PS4 games playable on PS5. Update your PS5, and then try playing the game."
    "PS5 boost mode enabled"

More at the link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't think it was posted here but seems there was code for in the Web store code from reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/j28s89/more_ps5_info_on_backcompat_forced/

I'm dead curious about that last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

It is a bit crazy how little we know about the device. I can't wait to get my hands on it regardless.

Really want to see the UI and in the internals.

Only reason I can think of they haven't shown the inside is some unique cooling solution or something to do with the SSD, but I won't hold my breath.

The lack of info on boost mode and backwards compatibility lead me to believe there is still a lot of work to be done in these areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

It is a bit crazy how little we know about the device. I can't wait to get my hands on it regardless.

Really want to see the UI and in the internals.

Only reason I can think of they haven't shown the inside is some unique cooling solution or something to do with the SSD, but I won't hold my breath.

The lack of info on boost mode and backwards compatibility lead me to believe there is still a lot of work to be done in these areas.

I agree it's very odd we have not seen the UI internals etc but surely all the work has been done at this point with only 6 weeks to go? I know software would be last but they must have millions of units already made. Sony are being very quiet this gen and Microsoft are releasing everything...interesting tactic lets see how it plays out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The strange thing is that Sony were first to give info of the next gen consoles, if I remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Need to know basis lads and we don't need to know. Just give Sony our money and on the 19th November we'll have the greatest gaming platform available. #PraiseBeSony

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Berty wrote: »
    I have had the PS4 since launch and I'm still not sure which button is which :D

I go to press a button and wonder "Hmmm does this button put it on standby or eject?" :O One just those things, just can't figure it out. Maybe as I have it on a Vertical stand or maybe it's because I'm thick :P

I just realised since I’ve preordered the digital edition I’ll never have this issue again... because I still don’t know which is which on the PS4, 7 years later!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Need to know basis lads and we don't need to know. Just give Sony our money and on the 19th November we'll have the greatest gaming platform available. #PraiseBeSony

I honestly can't even tell what is sarcasm and what isn't anymore.

The internet has broke me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Come on. There's not a chance GameStop survive long enough to see the PS6 launch.

Come on. There's not a chance GameStop survive long enough to see the PS6 launch.

As long as there are still physical games to trade in, I can't see Gamestop disappearing. Especially with the increase in game prices people will probably be trading in more. Saying that, I've gone digital so I wouldn't be going near them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

As long as there are still physical games to trade in, I can't see Gamestop disappearing. Especially with the increase in game prices people will probably be trading in more. Saying that, I've gone digital so I wouldn't be going near them anyway

Wouldn't be so sure, every year they announce more closures and I can only imagine it'll get tougher with the increasing number of people going digital only. Honestly shocked they've survived this long to be honest, swore to never go back after a staff called me an idiot for not buying game protection a few years ago on a new game, any company that makes staff so desperate to sell extras that they resort to name-calling isn't a company I want to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Kremin wrote: »
    Wouldn't be so sure, every year they announce more closures and I can only imagine it'll get tougher with the increasing number of people going digital only. Honestly shocked they've survived this long to be honest, swore to never go back after a staff called me an idiot for not buying game protection a few years ago on a new game, any company that makes staff so desperate to sell extras that they resort to name-calling isn't a company I want to support.

Wow, not nice

• Advertisement

Kremin wrote: »

Like the main thing putting some people off digital is that once you buy a game, if you don't like it you can't just trade it back in. Also having digital games the same price as physical even when there is no packaging is another thing. In an ideal world digital games would be cheaper than physical at launch but that will never happen as retailers have too much pull

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement