Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Not entirely PS5 relevant at the moment, but worth a note as a pattern is emerging

GameStop failing to have games for Launch, happened with Mario 3d all-stars last week, and Crash this morning, blaming it on "distributors not sending any stock to Ireland on time"

Despite Smyths having games on shelves and ready to go

Isn't exactly a good sign for launch of anything

Be fair. Smyths just have to put a few display copies out then have the sealed copies for sale behind the counter.

GS have to open the cases and take the game media out, then put a sticker on the case, then have a child with very very dirty hands maul the case for a bit, then put it on the shelf for sale. Takes time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Be fair. Smyths just have to put a few display copies out then have the sealed copies for sale behind the counter.

GS have to open the cases and take the game media out, then put a sticker on the case, then have a child with very very dirty hands maul the case for a bit, then put it on the shelf for sale. Takes time.

Not to mention the time they're having to spend trying to sort out who gets preorders and what the hell they're going to do with everyone else who won't get one until after Xmas.

I'm sure the phrase "F*ck your Crash Bandicoot!" has been quietly muttered in GS's up and down the country today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

I have to get Demon Souls and Spiderman Miles that I have perorder in GS.I have my PS5 coming from Smythtoy with home delivery.I just hope GS has my games.I want to pick them up later in the day rather than early when everyone queuing for there PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

rob808 wrote: »
    I have to get Demon Souls and Spiderman Miles that I have perorder in GS.I have my PS5 coming from Smythtoy with home delivery.I just hope GS has my games.I want to pick them up later in the day rather than early when everyone queuing for there PS5.

Are you tied to GS to get them? You could just as easily get them instore or delivered from Smyths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Sorry if this has been asked and answered:

Anyone know if I buy and download a digital PS4 game now (crash 4 in this case), will it be available to me when I get PS5 in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

Markitron wrote: »
    Are you tied to GS to get them? You could just as easily get them instore or delivered from Smyths.
    Im am unfortunately I also have the new resident evil village and Ratchet and clank which I thought was a launch title.These will be the last games I'll be geting of GS.I trade in games ages ago for these games.

I probably wait for price drop on future sony first party titles from Sony €80 to much money to spend on games.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered:

Anyone know if I buy and download a digital PS4 game now (crash 4 in this case), will it be available to me when I get PS5 in November?

Yes, you will be able to download and play it no bother, if you don't have PS plus you will have to manually transfer your save with a USB stick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Duffers1983

Have a launch day ps5 from smyths. Happy days. I now have the hassle of trading in my ps4 original size 500gb model. Any insights where is best to trade in for cash along with a few games. Could possibly trade in vr aswell but reluctant to get rid of vr due to ps5 compatability.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

You're better off selling on adverts now man the trade in prices have dropped dramatically in CEX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems some European retailers are listing PS5 games for Nov 12th.
    If that is the case it would mean an extra trip to Smyths or wherever preorders are for since most shops won't hold stock for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I see The Pathless has been confirmed as a launch day title. I really enjoyed Abzu, so I'm looking forward to seeing reviews for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seems some European retailers are listing PS5 games for Nov 12th.
    If that is the case it would mean an extra trip to Smyths or wherever preorders are for since most shops won't hold stock for a week

12th is the US release date. I’m sure it’s just a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Last time I was in Game Stop one of the staff members came over to me and asked me to leave because I was looking through the prices of the games and giving out about them to my wife. I'd rather not get a Playstation 5 at launch than get it off Gamestop.

Must've been fairly loud and obnoxious :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

anyone know if u can get one on the day by queuing up?
    no pre orders here so trying to find out what options are
    tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

tnx

Argos or Curry's are best bet on the day I believe, I think people have said you can reserve on Argos at midnight as that's when stock refreshes ?

tnx

Even some people with confirmed pre-orders aren't getting it day one, the odds are long. Your best bet would be places that aren't taking pre-orders, like Tesco, power city etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone see the charging station available anywhere? Think I have tried all the usual suspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I know the consoles are going to be tricky at launch, but what do people think about the accessories? Probably want to get the wireless headset early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

fixXxer wrote: »
    I know the consoles are going to be tricky at launch, but what do people think about the accessories? Probably want to get the wireless headset early on.

I preordered the headset from amazon. I bought the camera for launch day ps4 but literally never used it apart from messing around with astrobots or whatever it was called at launch. So dont think i'll bother with any other accessories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Cotts72

fixXxer wrote: »

The charger Dock, additional controller and headset are the only thing appealing to me. I'd say following launch we should see a good bit of 3rd party accessories hopefully as I can't afford to be spending an extra 100e on the headset!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

jones wrote: »
    I preordered the headset from amazon. I bought the camera for launch day ps4 but literally never used it apart from messing around with astrobots or whatever it was called at launch. So dont think i'll bother with any other accessories

I got the camera on an impulse buy at the PS4 launch. Tried the voice controls for a bit then off to adverts it went :D
    Cotts72 wrote: »
    The charger Dock, additional controller and headset are the only thing appealing to me. I'd say following launch we should see a good bit of 3rd party accessories hopefully as I can't afford to be spending an extra 100e on the headset!

Headset is a lot of money, true. Only reason I'm thinking is because I used to have the Gold headset and the quality of the sound from it was briliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Looks like we should be seeing more of the PS5 tomorrow with the Japanese Youtubers having got them already

https://twitter.com/TDragon70/status/1312330980145782785?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That lad at the top right looks to have gotten a defective DualSense. I hope blue sparks isn't Sony's Joy-Con drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

What a random way to start looking at the console.

It still baffles me why they haven’t been dropping videos on the PlayStation blog first and then letting YouTubers get a hands on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Bigish American tuber actually mentions gamestop Ireland emails!

https://youtu.be/AvYyloVyKHE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

sticker wrote: »
    Bigish American tuber actually mentions gamestop Ireland emails!

https://youtu.be/AvYyloVyKHE

This is a bit of a waste of time, there's nothing new here or worth clicking for.
    Nearly half the video is a sponsor advertisement. Not having a go or anything,
    just saving people generating clicks
    If you do feel the urge to click on it, here's a timestamped version. Where he
    waffles about nothing new in relation to. GS Ireland pre order mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

bazzz wrote: »
    This is a bit of a waste of time, there's nothing new here or worth clicking for.
    Nearly half the video is a sponsor advertisement. Not having a go or anything,
    just saving people generating clicks
    If you do feel the urge to click on it, here's a timestamped version. Where he
    waffles about nothing new in relation to. GS Ireland pre order mess.

Here's the article he's reporting on
    https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/now-gamestop-ie-is-telling-some-ps5-pre-order-customers-theyll-have-to-wait-until-2021/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Really interesting Digital Foundry video here about what you should and shouldn't expect from ray-tracing on next-gen machines (using Spider-man as a specific example). It's actually just a useful explainer on ray-tracing technology in general, honestly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I assume decent headsets for the ps4 will be suitable still for the ps5?
    I have some astro a50's, apparently there will be some form of adapter available to purchase to allow it to work on the ps5.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement