Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'm in the market for a PS5 and Fifa 21. Currently have a PS4.

Is my best bet buying the disc version of FIFA 21 for the PS4?

Will this game work then on both consoles as the "PS4" version of the game, and then I'll get the PS5 version for free as a download from the PSN store?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Will this game work then on both consoles as the "PS4" version of the game, and then I'll get the PS5 version for free as a download from the PSN store?

Have EA said they would upgrade for free?
    If so, then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Yes, but you still need to keep the PS4 disc to play the 'free' PS5 version

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anything unexpected in the Japanese hands on?

Not gonna lie, starting to feel the hype now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

fixXxer wrote: »

Anywhere taking pre orders, I missed the first one and had a order in the basket second time round but couldn't complete the purchase , site kept crashing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

fixXxer wrote: »

There's some translations in this reddit thread - https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/j4wsgi/playstation_5_first_impressions_from_japanese/

TL;DR, nothing unexpected. All of the outlets mention that the console is quiet, that the loading times are very fast and that the controller's haptics are great. But this was all to be expected/announced already.

I want to see some Digital Foundry style videos like what went out for the Series X, Direct loading comparisons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

With the announcement that they're suggesting a national lockdown again, I wonder will Smyth's force people to change to delivery Vs collection now? Gonna be hard to justify 100s queuing outside a shop to collect a gaming console as essential travel

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

With the announcement that they're suggesting a national lockdown again, I wonder will Smyth's force people to change to delivery Vs collection now? Gonna be hard to justify 100s queuing outside a shop to collect a gaming console as essential travel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Kremin wrote: »

One of the reason I went for delivery for both of the new consoles, was just in case something like this happened.

I think they could stagger "kerb side" pickups for the consoles. Give people a time frame of 30 minutes when they can pick up there consoles for those who don't want to change to delivery.

To be fair the release isn't until 19th November and recommendation is for 4 weeks. It'll be cutting it tight but there's a high chance it won't come to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

:pac: First thing i taught about when i heard that tonight was **** ps5 ha.

Sure look take it as it comes we have no control over whatever happens there making it up as they go along anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

I have a PS4 500gb. Other than done deal/adverts, are the only options to sell with Cex or trade in to GS?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gonna be hard to justify 100s queuing outside a shop to collect a gaming console as essential travel

Absolutely essential!

Level 5 will see only essential retail open so smyths would have to close so I'd hope collection would auto change to delivery but if we go into full lockdown again, surely deliveries would take a hit again.

So if the country could cop on for the next 4 weeks, no parties, wear your mask, wash your hands etc, we might be alright for PS5 launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just wondering if you have an order say in gamestop but not fully paid off would they if we go into a full lockdown and they know people who should get same do home delivery instead for them since the ps5 plus xbox may not even make it into their stores. I hope they can be a bit more pro active just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm telling you now... top brass at NPHET missed out on pre-orders, and this is how they get one. Fuckers. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    I'm telling you now... top brass at NPHET missed out on pre-orders, and this is how they get one. Fuckers. :mad:
    it really down to the idiots that do anti mask demonstration in Dublin city centre were probably going into level 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

rob808 wrote: »
    it really down to the idiots that do anti mask demonstration in Dublin city centre were probably going into level 5.

bUt ThE mAsKs DonE hElP oR dO aNyThiNg :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    bUt ThE mAsKs DonE hElP oR dO aNyThiNg :rolleyes:
    say who? anti mask demonstrator :).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Absolutely essential!

Level 5 will see only essential retail open so smyths would have to close so I'd hope collection would auto change to delivery but if we go into full lockdown again, surely deliveries would take a hit again.

So if the country could cop on for the next 4 weeks, no parties, wear your mask, wash your hands etc, we might be alright for PS5 launch.

Well Smyths will still receive their stock from Sony no matter what and will want to offload it and pull whatever profit they're due from their units for sale. Holding on to it would be a nightmare as well.

You'd assume deliveries would be the very worst case scenario.

Well Smyths will still receive their stock from Sony no matter what and will want to offload it and pull whatever profit they're due from their units for sale. Holding on to it would be a nightmare as well.

You'd assume deliveries would be the very worst case scenario.
    That's if deliveries make it now to stores or warehouses for launch day. It's cutting it fine if 4 wks lockdown as they do love to ad on an extra wk or 2 over here. Might mean xbox launch is messed up even more over here

• Advertisement

RGARDINR wrote: »
    That's if deliveries make it now to stores or warehouses for launch day. It's cutting it fine if 4 wks lockdown as they do love to ad on an extra wk or 2 over here. Might mean xbox launch is messed up even more over here

I think a lot of business will be doing deliveries. Any business with any common sense would have contingencies to move largely online, as additional locks downs were always possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They charge for home delivery, I can't see how they can amend in store pickup orders unless thet waive the delivery fee. I blame that fecker Tony Holohan only back a day and he decides to stick us into Level 5

RGARDINR wrote: »

Of course they will. Supplies are largely unaffected, they will arrive.
    They charge for home delivery, I can't see how they can amend in store pickup orders unless thet waive the delivery fee. I blame that fecker Tony Holohan only back a day and he decides to stick us into Level 5

The issue will more so be address collection. The delivery fee was €1.99 so it's not an enormous fee to waive, or at worst, advise all orders that it will cost €1.99 extra to deliver which they are free to cancel.

The issue will be requesting and collating addresses. Which isn't too hard if they plan it well.

Remember, it's in Smyths interests to get these consoles out there, they're not going to put their hands up and say "oh well".

I am sure a system can be put in place to add a delivery charge as needed. It would be the best way to do things.

Personally, I taught something like this might happen, so I chose home delivery, as I am working from home in anyways and not really leaving the house a whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

wes wrote: »
    I think a lot of business will be doing deliveries. Any business with any common sense would have contingencies to move largely online, as additional locks downs were always possible.

This.

Companies, both suppliers and shops have known for 6+ months that normal in-store shopping experience would quite possibly not be able to be carried out.

Of course they will. Supplies are largely unaffected, they will arrive.

The issue will more so be address collection. The delivery fee was €1.99 so it's not an enormous fee to waive, or at worst, advise all orders that it will cost €1.99 extra to deliver which they are free to cancel.

The issue will be requesting and collating addresses. Which isn't too hard if they plan it well.

Remember, it's in Smyths interests to get these consoles out there, they're not going to put their hands up and say "oh well".
    I just hope smyths and gamestop have cop on to have a plan in place for this anyhow as they had months to have this in place. More gamestop have to ring people and let them know do they actually have a console or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

rob808 wrote: »

I didn't think it needed to be said, but my post was a joke.

Either way, it's looking like Dublin will head to Level 4 rather than 5 so will be grand come November.

Either way, it's looking like Dublin will head to Level 4 rather than 5 so will be grand come November.

If level 4 doesn't do the job, we may end up level 5 in November......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭quokula

The way things our moving the best chance not to be in level 5 in November, is to go to level 5 now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement