Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

How did you hear this?

Yeah did they ring you?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

fixXxer wrote: »
    New Metal Gear game confirmed!! :D

****ing get in !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

New Metal Gear game confirmed!! :D

If it was Metal Gear Survive 2... I'd rather just eat the Doritos...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Yeah did they ring you?
    No. Instore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

After hearing about queues at shops, just pre-ordered COD Cold War from smyths.. just incase :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

My local GS reckons I will get my PS5 on launch. I pre ordered on 04/07/20.
    Their shenanigans is nearly sorted now.

Honestly they are probably going to sell the PS5's to the first people in the door with a preorder. They clearly don't give a sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

My local GS reckons I will get my PS5 on launch. I pre ordered on 04/07/20.
    Their shenanigans is nearly sorted now.

is that reckon a " I reckon it may rain today" whilst looking out the window or " i reckon it may rain today" just because.

If i had a preorder with a store a "reckon" wouldnt be cutting it with me especially if ordered in July

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

After hearing about queues at shops, just pre-ordered COD Cold War from smyths.. just incase :p

It's quite odd that this is not available from Amazon. :confused:

Berty wrote: »
    It's quite odd that this is not available from Amazon. :confused:

Thats strange alright, can pre-order from smyths and gamestop anyway. Smyths says November 13th launch, before I even get my ps5!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thats strange alright, can pre-order from smyths and gamestop anyway. Smyths says November 13th launch, before I even get my ps5!

Ah yeah games have to be released in time for other Countries 12th November releases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

https://twitter.com/Pa.../1313059161152851969

You'd think it was launch day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

That because cod cold war out nov 13

Berty wrote: »
    Ah yeah games have to be released in time for other Countries 12th November releases.

Ah totally forgot the PS5 was being released earlier elsewhere

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Penn wrote: »
    As bad as they are, don't think I could open a bag without eating them. Even despite the fact that whoever tested the flame-grilled steak flavour has never had a flame-grilled steak in their life.

I'm the same. They are absolutely disgusting, just like Pringles and yet I'll keep picking at them until they are all gone. God damn you MSG!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Salt and Vinegar pringles are nice, that's right I said it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Salt and vinegar Pringles are the PS4 UI - basic but sufficiently functional.

The other flavours are the PS3 UI - basic but barely functional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

A tub of salt and vinegar Pringles? No thanks, sour cream and onion all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Salt and vinegar Pringles are the PS4 UI - basic but sufficiently functional.

The other flavours are the PS3 UI - basic but barely functional.

In that case Sour Cream & Onion Pringles are the PS2 Red Screen of Death. One or two every now and again can be fine, but any more than that and you have a serious problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They've changed the function of the X and O buttons on japanese consoles to the western way. Going to annoy japanese people. Always preferred the japanese/nintendo button layout.

Also I prefer my crisps not to be called chips and also to be made from actual potato and not compressed desiccated potato powder, whatever the **** that's meant to be.

People that prefer Pringles deserve to be mocked and ridiculed.

King vs. Tayto vs. Hunky Dorys... Now that is a hill worth dying on. The answer is King of course and I don't care that they are all made in the same plant in Ashbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They've changed the function of the X and O buttons on japanese consoles to the western way. Going to annoy japanese people. Always preferred the japanese/nintendo button layout.

I've never tried but I thought you could remap buttons for accessibility reasons so couldn't you just manually swap O and X back to how they were to reverse the change or is that not a thing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

We are struggling to fill the space between on and Nov. 19th :D

We are struggling to fill the space between on and Nov. 19th :D

I'm filling it with sharing bags of hunky dorys just for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just saw this posted on resetera, this was the UI reveal for the PS4. Hopefully they do something like this for PS5 but less cringey

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    King vs. Tayto vs. Hunky Dorys... Now that is a hill worth dying on. The answer is King of course and I don't care that they are all made in the same plant in Ashbourne.

Tayto when eating normally, king if you are eating them on bread.

This is the way.
    Just saw this posted on resetera, this was the UI reveal for the PS4. Hopefully they do something like this for PS5 but less cringey

IIRC they actually revealed the UI way before that at Gamescom 2013. That ad was horrifying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Markitron wrote: »

IIRC they actually revealed the UI way before that at Gamescom 2013. That ad was horrifying though.
    You're right, here it is

This is the best way to show a UI, show someone actually using the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hearing on Newstalk level 5 rejected moving full country to level 3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, some Japanese punters aren't happy about that button switch (Kotaku).

Also, paprika Pringles are the best Pringles.

Hearing on Newstalk level 5 rejected moving full country to level 3

Its on the Journal now as well, I'm a bit surprised tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I quite like the Aldi Pringles ripoff, Stackers.

I know my local Smyths had a collection window so may be the same

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement