Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That's my point PS5 outdated compared to PC already but I won't have the big bucks needed to afford that PC for a long time :D And it's going to be big bucks as it looks like this gen of PC is going to require a completely rebuild rather than just replacing the GPU. So I won't be beating a PS5 in performance anytime soon!

Well you will probably be getting a more consistent 1080p than the PS5, swings and roundabouts.
    Experience PS5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech with compatible headsets at launch, TV Virtual Surround Sound coming after launch

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/06/experience-ps5s-tempest-3d-audiotech-with-compatible-headsets-at-launch-tv-virtual-surround-sound-coming-after-launch/

I am glad they are putting more effort into sound design, but virtual surround sound from a TV (and most soundbars) is complete and total horse****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Is there a microphone included in the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Built in mic in the new controller, dont think they will include an inline earphone/mic combo because of that.

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Built in mic in the new controller, dont think they will include an inline earphone/mic combo because of that.

Unless they have some fancy noise-cancelling software, that mic on the controller is going to be a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Are you referring to the 3D Pulse Headset? Or the PS5 box?

As mentioned the DualSense has a built-in mic. The Pulse has two mics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Markitron wrote: »
    Unless they have some fancy noise-cancelling software, that mic on the controller is going to be a pain in the arse.

I can hear it in game already.....like someone talking through a kinect mic back in the day :(

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I can hear it in game already.....like someone talking through a kinect mic back in the day :(

Shudders

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Experience PS5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech with compatible headsets at launch, TV Virtual Surround Sound coming after launch

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/06/experience-ps5s-tempest-3d-audiotech-with-compatible-headsets-at-launch-tv-virtual-surround-sound-coming-after-launch/

And by compatible headsets, I assume they mean anything with a 3.5mm jack!

Mr Crispy wrote: »

I'm gonna try out a €5 pair of headphones I got from a poundshop and see how they fare.

I'm gonna try out a €5 pair of headphones I got from a poundshop and see how they fare.

Sure they'll be grand.

• Advertisement

Sure they'll be grand.

For about 14 seconds

But wow, what a fourteen seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Penn wrote: »
    Depends on the PC

My graphics card only has three digits...

Same here but I only have 1080p so more than adequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

It look like you be able to pick-up Demon souls and spiderman miles and sackboy on november 12 before the ps5 launch on nov 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I see Microsoft are cancelling orders over in the Xbox thread. Direct orders from Microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I see Microsoft are cancelling orders over in the Xbox thread. Direct orders from Microsoft

They should have planned ahead. They knew they were launching this console years ago. Tut tut.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

How is this relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

pcadhain wrote: »
    How is this relevant?

It's not relevant. It's an Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Can someone explain what I’m missing here about this feature that’s different to the atmos feature say on Xbox or windows that’s been around for a few years? Pretty sure it was on PS4 too but I actually didn’t use a headset with ps4(multiplayer games for me were on x1x)
    In the likes of PUBG the feature was great for detecting exact location of footsteps etc.

Is this tempest thing just the Ray tracing being used for audio to be more accurate? In the event talk he was on about profile of ear etc but I guess that’s not here yet and called something different?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

rob808 wrote: »
    It look like you be able to pick-up Demon souls and spiderman miles and sackboy on november 12 before the ps5 launch on nov 19.

Where can you get them? Saw demon souls on Amazon for 70 pound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

jones wrote: »

Smyths are currently showing them listed for the 12th. GS are showing 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

jones wrote: »
    Game.co.uk and Amazon UK as well as smythstoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,058 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

brav wrote: »
    Can someone explain what I’m missing here about this feature that’s different to the atmos feature say on Xbox or windows that’s been around for a few years? Pretty sure it was on PS4 too but I actually didn’t use a headset with ps4(multiplayer games for me were on x1x)
    In the likes of PUBG the feature was great for detecting exact location of footsteps etc.

Is this tempest thing just the Ray tracing being used for audio to be more accurate? In the event talk he was on about profile of ear etc but I guess that’s not here yet and called something different?

It's Sonys own type of Atmos, but made specifically with games in mind (I believe). Just another contender in the audio market. The profile of ears is something they hope they can one day do with Tempest, so it'll be a specific profile for you and your headset to get the best experience from Tempest/games. From what I've been reading, most headsets and earphones will get some example of it, but to get the "best" (according to Sony) experience, the Pulse 3D headset is required.

To be honest, I'm more excited about the audio and tactile feedback than the games! You can make the most realistic looking game out there, but I think Sony are on the right track in knowing that you need as many different types of feedback to make a game truly immersive. I can't wait to see what Sony Santa Monica do with it with the next God of War, or even TLOU (haven't played 2 yet, so will wait for the inevitable PS5 version with the audio/feedback).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I booted up a bit of Astrobot for the first time in a while tonight, and I’m not exaggerating when I’d say it’s low key one of the most delightful games ever made. It’s up there with Bloodborne and The Last Guardian as the three great PS4 exclusives.

I find the console theme of the PS5 ‘sequel’ quite odd, but if it’s half as good as the original game it’ll be a very nice freebie.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Goddamn love Astrobot, just hope it retains its non vr magic.

NBA 2K21 next gen gameplay trailer revealed today. Someone put together a comparison between PS4 and PS5. The level of detail and lighting is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »

NBA 2K21 next gen gameplay trailer revealed today. Someone put together a comparison between PS4 and PS5. The level of detail and lighting is incredible.

Crowds look amazingly better and more varied.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Danny552

Did anyone get fifa 21

I wonder if I can still pick up Demon's Souls with my PS5 on the 19th, think Smyths cancel pre-orders after 48 hours. I don't want to make 2 trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

I wonder if I can still pick up Demon's Souls with my PS5 on the 19th, think Smyths cancel pre-orders after 48 hours. I don't want to make 2 trips.

There will be no problems with software stock due to the console shortages. Just pick it up when you collect the ps5.The game shelves will be stacked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Not the best comparison, the players look like PS2 in the PS4 game compared to something like the Last of Us so not impressed by the PS5 comparison.

The lighting model is a drastic improvement. It feels very flat in the PS4 game. But it's kind of one of those things you won't notice unless they are side by side. Still not convinced this gen is a massive leap in graphical fidelity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement