Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

nedd wrote: »
    Realising you are old and out of touch with current culture is difficult. I hope you get through this period safely.

If this is what current culture is, I want to be as out of touch as possible
    lertsnim wrote: »
    What does that mean in English?

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thicc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

It has curves in all the right places.

nedd wrote: »
    It has curves in all the right places.

Oh in that case, not only are these people stupid for using a stupid word, they are also stupid for thinking their stupid word applies to the PS5.

Design is growing on me but lets be honest, it is ****ing hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Its so huge - and odd that you need a stand now even if in the horizontal.

Looking forward to using it - I like its so modular and potentially reparable - but I'm still not liking the looks - if every box on your shelf looked randomly shaped like this the tv area would be a right zoo.
    My hope is that someone will make third party clipon replacement faceplates, that will make it squarer looking to fit in with everything else on the shelf.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    Oh in that case, not only are these people stupid for using a stupid word, they are also stupid for thinking their stupid word applies to the PS5.

Design is growing on me but lets be honest, it is ****ing hideous.

Whatever, gramps. :P

I actually like that they went all 1970s vision of what a moonbase will look like on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nothing will ever beat the PS2 for ugliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's as big as his torso.

I expect the usual launch day teardown that involves a sledgehammer or just smashing it on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

I think it’s “fire”

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nothing will ever beat the PS2 for ugliness.

Yea but that was a beautiful kind of ugliness that achieved the rare feat of being futuristic and retro at the same time.
    Whatever, gramps. :P

I actually like that they went all 1970s vision of what a moonbase will look like on it.

I prefer straight lines and symmetry, I still think it looks like its melting and folding in on itself.

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    I think it’s “fire”

Well, it's definitely swole.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

brevity wrote: »
    I think it’s “fire”

Fire is a bit much, I would describe it as "lit"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The more I see of it, the more I like it.
    The Playstation designs are definitely something that grow on me even though the PS4 was probably the least interesting of the lot.

Smart use of the stand to work for both horizontal as well as vertical.

Yea but that was a beautiful kind of ugliness that achieved the rare feat of being futuristic and retro at the same time.

I prefer straight lines and symmetry, I still think it looks like its melting and folding in on itself.

I like companies pushing the envelope in terms of their industrial design, especially in era where most companies are happy enough to play it safe or tweak their existing designs.

I'd put it on a par with Apple bringing out their candy coloured iMacs in the 90s. They've dated pretty terribly but at least they dared to do something different and helped to push computer design away the beige boxes they had been for the previous decade or so.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Fire is a bit much, I would describe it as "lit"

It's pissed?

Well, it's definitely swole.

That is also a new one to me.

A similarly aged friend of mine recently described something someone did as 'a serious flex'. I was lost for words so I just called him a c**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Good that its easy to get at the fans to clean them if need be, and putting in an extra m2 drive will be easy.

Presumably when it's so massive there's some hope of it not sounding like it's taking off when you're playing it. Has there been any comment on that end?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Relatively easy to disassemble!

Presumably when it's so massive there's some hope of it not sounding like it's taking off when you're playing it. Has there been any comment on that end?

Yea the Japanese YouTubers that got their hands on it said it was silent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Haven't been able to watch yet, but I seen this comment on reddit noting a few things. The first point seems to answer your question.

"Some cool takeaways I found:

• Design was achieved to maintain quietness

• Side Panels are removable without the need of unscrewing

• The same stand is reversable for both horizontal and vertical positions

• There is a dust catcher that can be easily vacuumed

• Uses liquid metal to better dissapate CPU/GPU heat

• WiFi 6 Confirmed!

• One giant double intake fan (air flows from both side vents and is blown out the back)

• UHD drive is incased in metal to reduce disc spin noise

• NVMe SSD bay slot for expandable storage is behind the right Faceplate (covered by a single screw cover)"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I really like the design of the digital version. It has a very pleasing symmetry to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭klose

Perfectly happy for it to a bit bigger for the sake of it being quiet, I mean we all know what the ps4 was like with some games (MGSV I'm looking at you!!)

That is also a new one to me.

A similarly aged friend of mine recently described something someone did as 'a serious flex'. I was lost for words so I just called him a c**t.

Bruh, idek why you throwing shade at your fam when he be thristy for thot. That's not gucci. You should sip tea and be tope.

Bruh, idek why you throwing shade at your fam when he be thristy for thot. That's not gucci. You should sip tea and be tope.

Admit it, you made about half of those up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I think the stand requirement even when horizontal is to maintain heat expansion across the base(when it's horizontal at least) otherwise why would you need to have it propped up.

Also, I should start an eBay business RIGHT NOW selling replacement screws for the base and those little cover things. But I won't because I'm lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Reminds me of this.

Admit it, you made about half of those up.

Supposedly they're all legit slang. You'd sound like some spa coming out with that scutter though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    I think the stand requirement even when horizontal is to maintain heat expansion across the base(when it's horizontal at least) otherwise why would you need to have it propped up.

Also, I should start an eBay business RIGHT NOW selling replacement screws for the base and those little cover things. But I won't because I'm lazy.

This is the first (mainstream) console I can think of that can't stand vertically or lay flat horizontally by itself.
    Supposedly they're all legit slang. You'd sound like some spa coming out with that scutter though...

Especially if you are over 12 years old

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement