Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

jones wrote: »
    I really hope the include tracking on the ps5 seems ridiculous that its taken this long for it

I'd say they will. It's a highly requested feature and it was in the french article. I'd say they removed it because they want to announce it during a UI reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

duploelabs wrote: »
    I saw a post on reddit that you can transfer saves across. Via the cloud if you've a plus account or with a USB if you don't

Ah, I know that was the case with the PS4 Pro came out, was able to transfer across from PS4, but haven’t been able to find that info for PS5, must hunt Reddit (the cesspit!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

If you want to have the console horizontal you have to screw out the stand and then screw it in again.
    It needs the stand attached when horizontal aswell.
    Ridiculous and awkward terrible design decision.
    I couldn't believe it when I heard it elsewhere.
    I thought "surely it has to be a mistake why would it need a stand when sitting horizontally" but yes it's unfortunately true.
    How stupid is that.

quinnd6 wrote: »
    If you want to have the console horizontal you have to screw out the stand and then screw it in again.
    I thought "surely it has to be a mistake why would it need a stand when sitting horizontally" but yes it's unfortunately true.
    How stupid is that.

How often do you change the orientation of your console that this is a problem? :confused:

Probably not very often but I still think it's
    effing ridiculous.
    I can't think of another console that has needed a stand attached when sitting horizontally in order to keep it stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

How stupid is that.

There would be reasons for the screw and the fact it uses a stand for both positions. Vibrations and the console design, for example.
    This is your belief, but to me sounds a bit overly nit picky.

Also like @Wing126 mentioned....
    How many times do you need to change the orientation of your current consoles?
    Also an example of why I think it's a bit nit picky.
    A real world example of the screw involvement, not relation to orientation..
    Lots of electronic products that have battery compartments,
    that can be only accessed by unscrewing the compartment door. Does that bother you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The method of changing the stand looks to be well enough thought out. Shouldnt be a big deal to change it,ill change to horizontal then never have to touch it again id imagine.

The only bit I'd be a bit wary off is the plastic hooks that grip the console when horizontal,those plastic clips always have a habit of breaking. Then again ill probably only ever need them once so🀷*♂️

Probably not very often but I still think it's
    effing ridiculous.
    I can't think of another console that has needed a stand attached when sitting horizontally in order to keep it stable.

With your edit there, it really just seems like you're fishing for things to be annoyed about.

It's a bad design decision.
    It's making things more complicated than
    they need to be.
    It's making you use a screwdriver when you
    unbox your console and watch a video
    on how to setup the console because it's too
    tall to fit in your setup.
    I could handle it no problem.
    I just think it's a bad design choice.
    I suppose the one thing about it is you're
    never going to lose the stand because if you
    do you're screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

It's a bad design decision.
    It's making things more complicated than
    they need to be.
    It's making you use a screwdriver when you
    unbox your console and watch a video
    on how to setup the console because it's too
    tall to fit in your setup.
    I could handle it no problem.
    I just think it's a bad design choice.
    I suppose the one thing about it is you're
    never going to lose the stand because if you
    do you're screwed.

Whilst I have said many times here that I am not a fan of the design, It has been designed around having a stand clearly to improve the airflow. I am also not a fan of the stand but it has its purpose, it is not some random decision to annoy people.

The screw is probably there for extra security, you probably don't need to use it, like the way ikea furniture comes with brackets for securing it to a wall.

Also who is making who watch a video here? The only kind of person that would have trouble installing this screw would be a child, and parents having to set something up for a child after taking it out of the box is a story as old as time itself.
    Wing126 wrote: »
    With your edit there, it really just seems like you're fishing for things to be annoyed about.

Spare a thought for his poor enter key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I just got an email from simplygames asking to register interest for another round of PS5 consoles. So keep the eyes peeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, I've no problem with the stand as it obviously improves airflow / reduces noise which is fine by me. I've always kept my consoles horizontal but this went actually fit lying down in my current setup but that's okay with me as it looks like vertical will get the best airflow anyway.

I just got an email from simplygames asking to register interest for another round of PS5 consoles. So keep the eyes peeled.

A friend of mine is desperate to get one on launch so appreciate the heads up. I know there's another thread for preorders as well but whatever helps.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah, I've no problem with the stand as it obviously improves airflow / reduces noise which is fine by me. I've always kept my consoles horizontal but this went actually fit lying down in my current setup but that's okay with me as it looks like vertical will get the best airflow anyway.

Again, I hate the design (I don't know why I feel the need to keep qualifying my posts with this fact) but I actually really like horizontal stand. It makes the console look like its kinda floating, which is ****ing cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The fact the stand comes with it negates any concerns I have about having to unscrew it to switch it from vertical to horizontal. I already know I'll be having it horizontal, so I'll throw it on, then leave it on. No biggie.

Markitron wrote: »
    Again, I hate the design (I don't know why I feel the need to keep qualifying my posts with this fact) but I actually really like horizontal stand. It makes the console look like its kinda floating, which is ****ing cool.

Doth protest too much. I bet you're watching that teardown video at .5 speed with Barry White, scratch that, Coldplay music on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

When it arrives none of you will give two shítes about the stand

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Doth protest too much. I bet you're watching that teardown video at .5 speed with Barry White, scratch that, Coldplay music on!

That’s well below the belt mate
    0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    When it arrives none of you will give two shítes about the stand

Pretty sure there’s only 1 person here that has a problem with the stand

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

I found that video reassuring anyway. Not an engineer but looks like it's all been well thought out to me - would rather that, and the knock ons to size etc that come with it, than getting issues from more superficial design choices - looking like the xbox could be a bit of a toasty feller if reports are true.

If Sony can keep releasing more info like this at a regular pace it would be nice, was getting worried I'd be buying it sight unseen for a while there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I would avoid simplygames after what they tried to pull with the PS4.
    Retailer SimplyGames has caused fan anger after telling customers who have already pre-ordered a PS4 they must upgrade to a more expensive bundle. We’ve already received a number of complaints from angry readers who have been sent an email from SimplyGames telling them that because they only reserved the console alone for £349.99 they will have to pay at least £414.99 for an official bundle or lose their pre-order.

https://metro.co.uk/2013/10/08/simplygames-under-fire-for-raising-cost-of-ps4-pre-orders-4138340/

https://www.vg247.com/2013/10/09/simplygames-ps4-pre-order-ransom-is-unlawful-says-trading-standards/

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »

As ****ty as that was, and it really was, that shouldn’t be a problem this time as the PS5 doesn’t have boxed bundles like last time. It’s just the base console and you buy everything else separately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As ****ty as that was, and it really was, that shouldn’t be a problem this time as the PS5 doesn’t have boxed bundles like last time. It’s just the base console and you buy everything else separately.

Retailers make their own bundles. Adding in accessories and a mandatory 3 games or no console rules. It's happened before.

Someone made a great point on Reddit about how people could 3D print their own faceplates for PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Wing126 wrote: »
    Someone made a great point on Reddit about how people could 3D print their own faceplates for PS5.

I was thinking about this. You could completely change the design of the console in horizontal. Having the stand and faceplate printed as one piece.
    It could look like almost anything you wanted.
    Would still be huge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Mucashinto wrote: »
    I found that video reassuring anyway. Not an engineer but looks like it's all been well thought out to me - would rather that, and the knock ons to size etc that come with it, than getting issues from more superficial design choices - looking like the xbox could be a bit of a toasty feller if reports are true.

If Sony can keep releasing more info like this at a regular pace it would be nice, was getting worried I'd be buying it sight unseen for a while there.

Not true on the xbox just a rumour they wouldn't of been sending tons of them out to be reviewed if that was the case. If it was the case everyone would of been shouting it from the roof top. Looking forward to playing both consoles as fan of both companies. Will look forward in a few years when there is a ps5 slim for sure ha as the ps5 is 1 beast of a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I remember I bought the PS4 bundled with Killzone from Amazon as its the only one that somewhat interest me. 6 years on and its still in its case unplayed. Poor fella, wonder if I should give him a shot before I upgrade...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Glico Man wrote: »
    I remember I bought the PS4 bundled with Killzone from Amazon as its the only one that somewhat interest me. 6 years on and its still in its case unplayed. Poor fella, wonder if I should give him a shot before I upgrade...

Killzone, i loved the original on ps2 and then the second on ps3, the hellghast lads were sick

i wouldnt normally be into futuristic shooters like that

Glico Man wrote: »

I wanted the one that came with the extra controller and the camera but also ended up with the Killzone bundle.

It was never a particularly great game (I thinks its fine) but the graphics are still pretty decent. At launch it looked amazing.
    Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Killzone, i loved the original on ps2 and then the second on ps3, the hellghast lads were sick

Shooting cockney space nazis will never not be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wuff Wuff wrote: »

i wouldnt normally be into futuristic shooters like that

You should give titanfall 2 a try so, one of the best out there

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    You should give titanfall 2 a try so, one of the best out there

Second this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement