Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Markitron wrote: »
    I wanted the one that came with the extra controller and the camera but also ended up with the Killzone bundle.

It was never a particularly great game (I thinks its fine) but the graphics are still pretty decent. At launch it looked amazing.

Shooting cockney space nazis will never not be fun.
    Great game and hearing the sound effects from the controller for the first time was class. I see gamestop have an offer for ps5 plus Cyberpunk ps4 for 540

Gamestop offer 540 for xbox series x plus Cyberpunk for 540 or ps5 plus Cyberpunk for 540. Only available to customers with PS5 and xbox series x console pre order already secured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Gamestop offer 540 for xbox series x plus Cyberpunk for 540 or ps5 plus Cyberpunk for 540. Only available to customers with PS5 and xbox series x console pre order already secured.

Bit weird that they are bundling it with what will technically be a last gen game

Bit weird that they are bundling it with what will technically be a last gen game

True but I suppose if you have it pre ordered when they eventually let you know its not a bad offer if you were getting the game anyhow. Save a few euro on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Weirder still they are making bundles for preorder's while also knowing they haven't near enough consoles to cover all of their pre-order's. Hopefully they'll still give those games out to people on release day.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Weirder still they are making bundles for preorder's while also knowing they haven't near enough consoles to cover all of their pre-order's. Hopefully they'll still give those games out to people on release day.

They should be letting people know if they have one or not for sure. Its a joke at this stage not letting people know for sure.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    True but I suppose if you have it pre ordered when they eventually let you know its not a bad offer if you were getting the game anyhow. Save a few euro on it.

I'm getting it with my PS5 on the 19th for €55 in Smyths, so yea not bad I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Hi guys what do need to get up and running with PS5 do I need PS+ and PS now do I need both when setting it up?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Hi guys what do need to get up and running with PS5 do I need PS+ and PS now do I need both when setting it up?

Nope, you don't need either. Ps Plus is required of you want to play online with others but some games don't actually need plys for online capability. You also get a couple of 'free' games each month to keep as long as you keep your subscription.

Ps now is like a netflix of games, ps4, ps3 and i think some 2 games.

Marty Bird wrote: »

You need neither, but you can get a free trial of both to see if you think they are worth the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Hi all, any ideas if there will be more consoles available for pre order? I was hoping to get one for Christmas. Thanks.

kave2 wrote: »
    Hi all, any ideas if there will be more consoles available for pre order? I was hoping to get one for Christmas. Thanks.

There is a pre-order thread, keep an eye on that

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114860964&posted=1#post114860964

Apparently Simply games have sent out an email about another round of pre-orders so keep an eye on them as well

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

There is a pre-order thread, keep an eye on that

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114860964&posted=1#post114860964

Apparently Simply games have sent out an email about another round of pre-orders so keep an eye on them as well

Yup - I got an email yesterday : https://www.simplygames.com/ps5/consoles

Register interest again

Hope that helps someone get one

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

My local gamestop still no idea if my preorders for Ps5 and XbSX will get me them on release day. I pre-preordered both about 2 weeks before actual preorders. I am guessing little hope for Ps5 but I thought the xbox was safe until now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Would you have a better chance of getting a ps5 for Christmas if you opted for the digital version,?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Would you have a better chance of getting a ps5 for Christmas if you opted for the digital version,?

Those are even harder to get. The disc version seems to be easier to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    You also get a couple of 'free' games each month to keep as long as you keep your subscription.

Worth adding too that PS Plus when the PS5 launches will have the PS Plus Collection which will have the following games available;

God of War
    Bloodborne
    Monster Hunter World
    Final Fantasy XV
    Fallout 4
    Mortal Kombat X
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    Ratchet and Clank
    Days Gone
    Until Dawn
    Detroit: Become Human
    Battlefield 1
    Infamous Second Son
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    The Last Guardian
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Persona 5
    Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

So depending on what you've played, what you're getting etc., it may be a nice addition of a game library of some pretty great games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

og2k7 wrote: »
    Yup - I got an email yesterday : https://www.simplygames.com/ps5/consoles

Register interest again

Hope that helps someone get one

The Register your interest link is not working on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Worth adding too that PS Plus when the PS5 launches will have the PS Plus Collection which will have the following games available;

God of War
    Bloodborne
    Monster Hunter World
    Final Fantasy XV
    Fallout 4
    Mortal Kombat X
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    Ratchet and Clank
    Days Gone
    Until Dawn
    Detroit: Become Human
    Battlefield 1
    Infamous Second Son
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    The Last Guardian
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Persona 5
    Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

So depending on what you've played, what you're getting etc., it may be a nice addition of a game library of some pretty great games.

That's a pretty solid list to be fair. I have most of them already but if I was moving from xbox to the PS5 it would be a nice little sweetener.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Looking back through the thread but I can't see it.

Was it mentioned that PS4 games could still be installed on an external HD? Hopefully yes, it would help save valuable SSD space until we see the upgrade modules being released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

fixXxer wrote: »
    Looking back through the thread but I can't see it.

Was it mentioned that PS4 games could still be installed on an external HD? Hopefully yes, it would help save valuable SSD space until we see the upgrade modules being released.

YEs you will

https://www.gamesradar.com/ps5-ssd/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

4rc7pvnswqr51.jpg

So would it be cheaper to buy he PS4 version of these games and get the PS5 upgrade download?

Is that how it will work, download an update does anyone know?

4rc7pvnswqr51.jpg

So would it be cheaper to buy he PS4 version of these games and get the PS5 upgrade download?

Is that how it will work, download an update does anyone know?

It varies, but the most common method is that you put the PS4 disc into the PS5, and the PS5 downloads the PS5 digital version. You then play the digital PS5 version but must have the PS4 disc in the machine. If you buy a digital PS4 game, you can then just download the digital PS5 game without any hassle.

And yes, it would be cheaper to just buy the PS4 version, this is what I am planning on doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Oh, Witcher is getting an upgrade?? Good reason to start from scratch again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think I said before, but Smyths have PS4 and PS5 versions of Miles Morales at the same price. Same with Valhalla. Haven't checked others.
    Do find it strange Valhalla and Miles Morales are the same price at 59.99

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

fixXxer wrote: »
    Oh, Witcher is getting an upgrade?? Good reason to start from scratch again :D

I might figure out how to play Gwent this time.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think I said before, but Smyths have PS4 and PS5 versions of Miles Morales at the same price. Same with Valhalla. Haven't checked others.
    Do find it strange Valhalla and Miles Morales are the same price at 59.99

Miles Morales is technically a budget-priced title, with Sony increasing their prices, their budget titles are €59.99 where they might have been €39.99 before. Ubisoft have said they are not increasing their prices for next gen, so their full-priced games are staying at €59.99 across both platforms.
    lertsnim wrote: »

I completely ignored gwent on my first playthrough, got borderline addicted to it on my second playthrough, and avoided it like the plague in my 3rd playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

lertsnim wrote: »

I was the same, annoyed me into having to look up tutorials on Youtube. Kind of easyish after that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Gwent is super straightforward easy on anything other than the final quest, but it’s a delight to play. It’s completely unbalanced but that’s the joy - it really makes you feel you’re progressing through the ranks gradually, even if your deck is just growing more overpowered :pac: Just try one or two of the early game quests and you’ll be flying quickly - and you’ll be swiftly consumed for a half dozen hours.

In contrast the actual standalone game feels a bit too competitive and carefully balanced - no surprise they had to change the very basics to get it to work in that way. Makes for a better game for the committed maybe, but there’s a simple, accessible purity to the Witcher 3 version that I didn’t get at all from some brief dabbling with the standalone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement