Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

fixXxer wrote: »
    Oh, Witcher is getting an upgrade?? Good reason to start from scratch again :D

Never got a chance to play it so will pick up a PS4 copy on the cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭quokula

Gwent is super straightforward easy on anything other than the final quest, but it’s a delight to play. It’s completely unbalanced but that’s the joy - it really makes you feel you’re progressing through the ranks gradually, even if your deck is just growing more overpowered :pac: Just try one or two of the early game quests and you’ll be flying quickly - and you’ll be swiftly consumed for a half dozen hours.

In contrast the actual standalone game feels a bit too competitive and carefully balanced - no surprise they had to change the very basics to get it to work in that way. Makes for a better game for the committed maybe, but there’s a simple, accessible purity to the Witcher 3 version that I didn’t get at all from some brief dabbling with the standalone.

Interesting, I never played Gwent in Witcher 3 (well I did one game and didn't get it), but then I played Thronebreaker and got really into it. After that I tried the standalone game but couldn't get into it at all, I think it's like you said, the standalone game is so finely balanced, it just never felt as fun as building up my OP deck in Thronebreaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Can anyone recommend some good - reasonable priced - library of PS4 games to have in stock for PS5 launch in November I could pickup in cex? (or buy used privately?)

I had an XBox last gen - so can have some catching up on Playstation titles - I'm into the campaign Skyrim / Fallout type games.

Ill be getting max one or two ps5 games at the quite high 70 euros each - but looking for some good filler titles till the ps5 games come down in price a bit or available used...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ozmo wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some good - reasonable priced - library of PS4 games to have in stock for PS5 launch in November I could pickup in cex? (or buy used privately?)

I had an XBox last gen - so can have some catching up on Playstation titles - I'm into the campaign Skyrim / Fallout type games.

Ill be getting max one or two ps5 games at the quite high 70 euros each - but looking for some good filler titles till the ps5 games come down in price a bit or available used...

Be cheaper nearly to get PS+ and download something from the collection. You can get a subscription cheaper if you shop around a few places like CDKeys or Eneba.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ozmo wrote: »

The PS Plus Collection, for PS5, has a bunch of really good PS4 titles in it. You just need to sub to PS Plus.

Batman: Arkham Knight
    Battlefield 1
    Bloodborne
    Days Gone
    Detroit: Become Human
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV
    God of War
    inFAMOUS: Second Son
    The Last Guardian
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Monster Hunter: World
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Ratchet & Clank
    Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    Until Dawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Bloodborne
    Days Gone
    Detroit: Become Human
    The Last Guardian
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Monster Hunter: World
    Ratchet & Clank
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Thanks for the list - Myself, I like the idea of owning disks that don't expire - we like to revisit old games and consoles, I will be looking out for the above especially.. cheers.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Never got a chance to play it so will pick up a PS4 copy on the cheap

It’s currently on sale in the psn store for €8.99. An absolute steal at that price and even more so considering the free upgrade to ps5.

Evilbart wrote: »
    It’s currently on sale in the psn store for €8.99. An absolute steal at that price and even more so considering the free upgrade to ps5.

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Xbox uk tweeted "how to swap your console from vertical to horizontal" and just 2 pics, one standing and one on its side, as in no stand needed. They deleted it which is a pity cuz that's just funny banter like when Sony made a video how to swap games with your friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Done!

Is it not the complete edition that you can upgrade for free??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

padair wrote: »
    Is it not the complete edition that you can upgrade for free??

The free PS5 upgrade applies to both the base version and the Game of the Year Edition.

Wish I could get into that game, love a massive RPG. The combat never clicked with me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

The free PS5 upgrade applies to both the base version and the Game of the Year Edition.

Wish I could get into that game, love a massive RPG. The combat never clicked with me :(

Yeah same, the combat and controls are abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Has anyone been able to sell there PS4 pros easily ?

Just finding crazy amount of tire kickers at the moment on both adverts and Facebook

I be happy with 240 but Jeses got offered 140 for the thing, it’s a fully boxed like new ha

So we’re have people been able to sell there’s and what did you get for them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Xbox uk tweeted "how to swap your console from vertical to horizontal" and just 2 pics, one standing and one on its side, as in no stand needed. They deleted it which is a pity cuz that's just funny banter like when Sony made a video how to swap games with your friends.

They probably deleted it because the US Xbox account has been tweeting out some 'end the console wars' nonsense.

Also by my count that is about the 14th time the Xbox brand has gotten back at Sony for the sharing video. They should really stop trying, they are never going to top it.

Just finding crazy amount of tire kickers at the moment on both adverts and Facebook

I be happy with 240 but Jeses got offered 140 for the thing, it’s a fully boxed like new ha

Most people sold them to CEX before the price dropped. Tbh unless you are including a load of extras, you are not gonna get anywhere near 240 for it. If someone offers you 200 you should bite their hand off.

Sold mine with extra controller for 280 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

GS are offering 200 trade credit for a pro, though I know they’re in a lot of hot water for the pre-order mess.

I think you can bump that up to about 250 if you get their loyalty card and use the trade-credit against pre-orders (games/consoles)...

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

I think 240 is being real for if maybe 220 if the person isn’t a tire kicker

Have my ps5 ordered from Amazon so GameStop is no go for me,

So fingers crossed someone who isn’t a tire kicker will show up

However I bought borderlands 3 for 10 pounds just now for the free upgrade to ps5 version ....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,284 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The removable side panels feature is very exciting. You could basically change the entire look of the console. I'm sure a lot of really creative folks will be designing panels soon enough.

I'm picturing something like a custom black & red spiderman side panel with built in LEDs, illuminating the spiderman logo and powered by one of the USB ports on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I think 240 is being real for if maybe 220 if the person isn’t a tire kicker

Have my ps5 ordered from Amazon so GameStop is no go for me,

So fingers crossed someone who isn’t a tire kicker will show up

However I bought borderlands 3 for 10 pounds just now for the free upgrade to ps5 version ....

Can you send the link for that borderland deal, just looked and couldn't spot it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Well, seems Gamestop found a way to keep themselves in Business - https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1314271230955073538

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Oat23 wrote: »
    The removable side panels feature is very exciting. You could basically change the entire look of the console. I'm sure a lot of really creative folks will be designing panels soon enough.

I'm picturing something like a custom black & red spiderman side panel with built in LEDs, illuminating the spiderman logo and powered by one of the USB ports on the back.

There's already a miles morales mockup online but yeah the customisation be great, xbox 360 had something similar in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'll be happy enough when 3rd parties on the likes of Aliexpress get on board with them, I won't be spending big bucks on an OEM. My PS3 and PS4 which will still be on the unit next to the PS5 are black so frankly a simple black panel for me.

People will go mad with making these, maybe even ones with LEDs in them connected to the USB port.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I wouldn't mind a yellow and black PS5 to remind of the Jordan F1 team when they had Benson & Hedges sponsoring them.

Cotts72 wrote: »
    There's already a miles morales mockup online but yeah the customisation be great, xbox 360 had something similar in the past

Just googled it and christ it looks amazing if this is the one you're talking about. Just make it with built-in LEDs via USB that can be plugged in at that back and I'd buy it :D

PS5-Miles-Morales-edition.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=719&dpr=1.5

If Sony see a big market for side panels a potential revision they could make to the console in a few years is letting us choose in the settings what colour the LED built into the console is. I think it's blue on startup, but letting us choose a colour to match whatever side panel we are using would be a nice little feature. In the Miles Morales console above they look to be red for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just googled it and christ it looks amazing if this is the one you're talking about. Just make it with built-in LEDs via USB that can be plugged in at that back and I'd buy it :D

PS5-Miles-Morales-edition.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=719&dpr=1.5

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Why would ye care what the console looks like? Can't Understand that personally. It's under the telly and you never look at the thing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sold mine for 260 but i had a 2tb hard drive installed on mine

Why would ye care what the console looks like? Can't Understand that personally. It's under the telly and you never look at the thing

All 100m+ PS4 consoles sold are hidden under TVs. It's the law.

• Advertisement

All 100m+ PS4 consoles sold are hidden under TVs. It's the law.

Had mine mounted behind the TV on the wall. Stealthy!

No chance if that with the ps5. Unless I take off the panels and create a new mount.... Hmmmm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement