Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

PlayStation Five - its good to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was thinking that one advantage of just getting it a week later than other places means they can be guinea pigs giving us time to still cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Smyths as expected not commenting on potentially being closed. But at least the inference is that we'll be contacted if circumstances change and likely offered an alternate method. Or that they'll stay open as click and collect.

https://twitter.com/AskSmythsToys/status/1314544560786337792?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

Hi, if I get my son a code for Fifa 21 and he uses it on his PS4 can he transfer it to his PS5 when he gets it? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I know zero about gaming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Cotts72

BlueEars wrote: »
    Hi, if I get my son a code for Fifa 21 and he uses it on his PS4 can he transfer it to his PS5 when he gets it? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I know zero about gaming!

I think its only possible if you have the disc

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Smyths as expected not commenting on potentially being closed. But at least the inference is that we'll be contacted if circumstances change and likely offered an alternate method. Or that they'll stay open as click and collect.

https://twitter.com/AskSmythsToys/status/1314544560786337792?s=19

I can see Smyths been open as an essential service type thing given the time of year it is. I would imagine they won't close or alot of people would be pissed for Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think you will be able to install any m2 SSD Drive in the ps5 if you need extra storage. If Aa games are all going to use 4k 120 htz hdr mode the file size for most games will be very large.
    You might have only space for 3 games on a standard ps5
    The ps5 would not be able to run 8k games and even if it could no one uses 8k monitors.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yes, must be done before FIFA22 comes out.

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps4-to-ps5-all-games-with-confirmed-free-upgrades

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

As mentioned you can upgrade from ps4 to ps5 version but there are some caveats to this
    All progress you make or content you acquire within FIFA 21 Ultimate Team, including players, items, coins, FIFA Points, match record and leaderboard placement, as well as all progression in Volta (the FIFA Street-style mode) will transfer from PS4 to PS5 and back, or from Xbox One to Xbox Series X and back.

But, progress within all other modes, including Online Seasons, Co-Op Seasons, Career Mode, and Pro Clubs, is specific to the console you are playing on and won't transfer between consoles.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-10-08-ea-offers-explanation-for-why-not-all-your-fifa-21-progress-transfers-from-current-gen-to-next-gen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Danick wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could preorder one or if there will be a second round of pre orders - completely took my eye off the ball and assumed I’d walk into Smyths on launch day and get one - I guess the good value for what u get price is driving sales.

Anyone know the answer to this? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Simplygames hinted at another round of preorders but no one knows for sure. Argos, currys, Harvey Normans should have them launch day but again, no certainty. If a new preorder pops up, it will be posted here asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Keep an eye on stock informer too. It's saved me many a times over the years for those hard to get items that sell out for Christmas.

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Brian017 wrote: »
    Regarding the free upgrades; will the PS4 disc be required every time to play the PS5 digital version, or is it an one-time deal?

Yes you will need the PS4 disc to play the digital upgrade

Yes it will work before the next iteration of FIFA is released

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Hi - just checking how would you get a PS5 pre Christmas - can't even register or pre-order - have I no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

riclad wrote: »
    I think you will be able to install any m2 SSD Drive in the ps5 if you need extra storage. If Aa games are all going to use 4k 120 htz hdr mode the file size for most games will be very large.
    You might have only space for 3 games on a standard ps5
    The ps5 would not be able to run 8k games and even if it could no one uses 8k monitors.

I can guarantee you that no AAA games will run at true 4K at 120hz.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Keep an eye on stock informer too. It's saved me many a times over the years for those hard to get items that sell out for Christmas.

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Simplygames hinted at another round of preorders but no one knows for sure. Argos, currys, Harvey Normans should have them launch day but again, no certainty. If a new preorder pops up, it will be posted here asap.
    Hi - just checking how would you get a PS5 pre Christmas - can't even register or pre-order - have I no chance.

Check the quotes above, no-one can say. I don't think there will be another round of pre-orders for Launch, but I would be surprised if there was not a batch released between launch and Christmas.

Unfortunately it is a waiting game now.

However, please do not buy from scalpers, they're scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Kamu wrote: »
    Check the quotes above, no-one can say. I don't think there will be another round of pre-orders for Launch, but I would be surprised if there was not a batch released between launch and Christmas.

Unfortunately it is a waiting game now.

Thanks guys - that link is really helpful - hopefully I won't have to resort to a scalper.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jomzy

Is there anyway to pre order digital PS5 games on PlayStation Store website? I see that US/UK can pre order on website, but it’s not letting me pre order because of my region.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kamu wrote: »

I did pop onto Ebay to have a look to see and yeah the bidding on disc version can get up around €800, maybe it goes higher didn't stick around or go back to check. Bidding is one thing, getting paid is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Seen GameStop are offering 200 euros cash for the PS4 pro

With my trade in bonus due to my lv I am just going to trade it in as it’s just easyer to deal with then tire kickers on Facebook and adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

My other issue is Smyths isn't in my county! its only a 20min drive, but it across the border...into Dublin.

My wife is a nurse so I might send her in to get it on th epretence she's an essential worker on the way to work!

The way around that is just telling the Guards you work in Dublin. I was doing that for every Garda Checkpoint during the last level 5. Told them I work in the hospital. They never check.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just seeing talk of compatible nvme drives for the ps5. I assume this is to add to storage, in that it has a free nvme slot, rather than swapping out the existing 825gb (or whatever it is) drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Seen GameStop are offering 200 euros cash for the PS4 pro

With my trade in bonus due to my lv I am just going to trade it in as it’s just easyer to deal with then tire kickers on Facebook and adverts
    Have you rang them to see if it cash and not credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

jomzy wrote: »
    Is there anyway to pre order digital PS5 games on PlayStation Store website? I see that US/UK can pre order on website, but it’s not letting me pre order because of my region.

The store is due an update later in the month so I expect to see the PS5 games appearing around then.
    But, there isn't much point in pre ordering digital games as you can't pre download the game until you get the new console.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

rob808 wrote: »
    Have you rang them to see if it cash and not credit?

It’s definitely not cash. It’s credit.

If the poster is level 3 with GS they can get it boosted to 250 in trade-in if used against pre-orders

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

It’s definitely not cash. It’s credit.

If the poster is level 3 with GS they can get it boosted to 250 in trade-in if used against pre-orders

Added the screenshot from the email that I got today from GameStop

200 cash for a PS4 pro 1TB

This is general offer by the looks of things and I can use my membership to get more as well I think I get 10% so about 220 in total to be fair not the worst price to get

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

This is general offer by the looks of things and I can use my membership to get more as well I think I get 10% so about 220 in total to be fair not the worst price to get

Wow sorry nice one, I never got that email, that’s a good deal tbf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Wow sorry nice one, I never got that email, that’s a good deal tbf!

Here's an example of the Xbox One X (plus 3 games off the list) deal I got about two weeks back, using Level 4 membership. If any of you want an idea of prices.

528882.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement