Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

I doubt I’ll be able to get my nephew a ps5 from Argos if I queued the night before as people will probably reserve it online :(

His mam is dreading Christmas but I told her I’ll do my best, like even if I manage to get one myself I’ve give mine or my nephew he’s only 10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭micks_address

I doubt I’ll be able to get my nephew a ps5 from Argos if I queued the night before as people will probably reserve it online :(

His mam is dreading Christmas but I told her I’ll do my best, like even if I manage to get one myself I’ve give mine or my nephew he’s only 10

How can a 10 year old appreciate the power of a ps5?

I agree with you but he loves PlayStation he’s always on his ps4 playing fifa cod and fornite I’ll do my best not to let the child down aka Santa Claus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I have a 6 year old cousin who can tell the difference between Fortnite at 60fps and 30fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Looks like the UI reveal is a couple of days away.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1315790757320564736?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mr Crispy wrote: »

I'm hoping to miss the UI reveal until I power up my console myself.
    Big ask with five weeks to go, but one can but try.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I agree with you but he loves PlayStation he’s always on his ps4 playing fifa cod and fornite I’ll do my best not to let the child down aka Santa Claus

I’m sure he will be fine since all he plays is those awful games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I've played some awful games as a teenager. He's 10, just because you don't like these specific games (I don't either, maybe cod) it doesn't mean anything less to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

You're getting sniffy about a 10 year old's taste in games? Jesus...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I have a 6 year old cousin who can tell the difference between Fortnite at 60fps and 30fps.

Fortnite, Fifa and COD are all 60fps on Ps4 though. The advantage you would get in these games is more stable resolution, on a base PS4 it would often drop resolution dynamically to achieve that 60fps.

Wheras on PS5 it should lock them all at stable 1440p 60fps rather than it flying all over the place from 720-900-1080p.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're getting sniffy about a 10 year old's taste in games? Jesus...

You aren't a real gamer unless you've played a japanese game with a title you can't pronounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Welp, that's enough Internet for today. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Mr Crispy wrote: »

Could be today or Thursday since they’re the days they most commonly drop info

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

The teaser says the 15th of October so Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's an American date at the end, 15th October, Thursday.

I dunno why BK would be advertising a UI reveal, much more likely to be a competition yoke to get you to eat more awful food in the slim chance of getting a PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I dunno why BK would be advertising a UI reveal, much more likely to be a competition yoke to get you to eat more awful food in the slim case of getting a PS5.

Yea this is what I was thinking, why are people assuming this is a UI reveal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone else notice that Smyths have updated the pre order availability date for the PS5 accessories to the 12th November? Would it be strange for these to be available for collection a week before the console lands? I have the headset and camera pre ordered with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Anyone else notice that SMyths have updated the pre order availability date for the PS5 accessories to the 12th November? WOuld it be starnge foor these to be available for collection a week before the console lands? I have the headset and camera pre ordered with them.

could be the dates that they expect them in for forward shipping... or could be so that they can collect the money earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I doubt their bag would be able to carry the PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Anyone else notice that Smyths have updated the pre order availability date for the PS5 accessories to the 12th November? Would it be strange for these to be available for collection a week before the console lands? I have the headset and camera pre ordered with them.

The accessories and games are releasing worldwide on the 12th, whereas the console isn’t out until the 19th here. Apparently it’s to ease the chances of delivery difficulties on the 19th.

Simply Games tweeted about this the other day. Just noticed Smyths have changed the release date of Miles Morales up to the 12th, so this seems to be true.

Messy though. Imagine you’ll have all your games and accessories on the 12th and no console for a week, it’s going to be strange, hah!

• Advertisement

The accessories and games are releasing worldwide on the 12th, whereas the console isn’t out until the 19th here. Apparently it’s to ease the chances of delivery difficulties on the 19th.

Simply Games tweeted about this the other day. Just noticed Smyths have changed the release date of Miles Morales up to the 12th, so this seems to be true.

Messy though. Imagine you’ll have all your games and accessories on the 12th and no console for a week, it’s going to be strange, hah!

I'm just annoyed that I have to make 2 stops, I might just cancel Demon's Souls and re-order for home delivery.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I doubt their bag would be able to carry the PS5

I wouldn't even trust their bag with a PSP Go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It's to help on the day of the console release, this way everyone should have their accessories etc already so just arrive, get your console and leave. No acting the fool at the counter asking to see different controllers and whatever else

That week will be torture!! Two trips not ideal especially if COVID continues to rise.

That week will be torture!! Two trips not ideal especially if COVID continues to rise.

I just cancelled my game pre-orders and changed them to home delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

What games/accessories do we think is a must have for release?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Pre ordered demon souls and it's for the 12th, great, I can look at the box ha

Markitron wrote:
    I just cancelled my game pre-orders and changed them to home delivery.

Wish I had gone home delivery for everything day one. Just have to hope the stores will stay open in some shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyway to change an order to home delivery or have to cancel and order again?

Have the dualsense charging dock preordered but that seems sold out so don't want to cancel and go without.

Prefer using the dock anyway than plugged into the console.

Anyway to change an order to home delivery or have to cancel and order again?

Have the dualsense charging dock preordered but that seems sold out so don't want to cancel and go without.

Don't think so unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

.G. wrote: »
    Any info I can see for this TV says the panel is 100hz and the HDMI is 2.0?

this is from the pc world website:
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/sony-bravia-kd55xh9005bu-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-with-google-assistant-10208473-pdt.html

lots of youtube reviews state that panel is 120hz and hdmi 2.1 will be supported in a firmware update around the time the PS5 is launched.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement