Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Anyway to change an order to home delivery or have to cancel and order again?

Have the dualsense charging dock preordered but that seems sold out so don't want to cancel and go without.

Prefer using the dock anyway than plugged into the console.

Yea poor choice of words on my part, you can't change. I cancelled and just re-ordered my games for home delivery, they were all still in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Kremin wrote: »
    The teaser says the 15th of October so Thursday

Ah I totally missed that, but hopefully that means full reveal Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

So what's likely to happen if Smyth's is closed due to lockdown when this releases?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

So what are chance of these being overstocked, could I just pick one up nearer to Xmas?

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    So what's likely to happen if Smyth's is closed due to lockdown when this releases?

They will likely change it to a home delivery (somehow)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Anyway to change an order to home delivery or have to cancel and order again?

Have the dualsense charging dock preordered but that seems sold out so don't want to cancel and go without.

Prefer using the dock anyway than plugged into the console.

If you change to home delivery there's no guarantee it will be delivered to you on day one. Collection is the only guarantee. Smyths will switch it up an alternative if they can't open. They're not going to penalise customers because they chose to collect it at the store so no need to do anything. There's a lot of unnecessary hysteria on this thread about the lockdown. Smyths is a major retailer so they'll figure something out. Plus, it would be politically impossible for the government to close toy stores a few weeks before Christmas. They're not going to want to be the Grince who stole Christmas. If there is a level 5 lockdown, toy stores will definitely be designated essential for Christmas period and Smyths will likely give everyone a time slot in release day to collect the preorders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

phobia2011 wrote: »
    So what are chance of these being overstocked, could I just pick one up nearer to Xmas?

Argos or bust I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wondering if the PSVR2 or even the original with an adapter will be able to use that front USB C port for everything video/data/power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

phobia2011 wrote: »

Ive askedthem this on twitter will post any response here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Varik wrote: »
    Wondering if the PSVR2 or even the original with an adapter will be able to use that front USB C port for everything video/data/power.

Has anyone heard anything about the adapter???

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about the adapter???

No they haven't said anything aside from the fact that the PS5 camera won't work, which seems absurd to me.

Yeah its getting very close now. So unless the adapter is being put in every box, they really need to let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yeah its getting very close now. So unless the adapter is being put in every box, they really need to let us know.

This is for the camera, they've not said anything about the PSVR adapters or anything or PSVR2 or using either with USB-C.

For the camera they said they'd offer it for free but sounds like you've to apply to get it rather than being in the box which is fair since not everyone will need it.

Varik wrote: »
    For the camera they said they'd offer it for free but sounds like you've to apply to get it rather than being in the box which is fair since not everyone will need it.

That is fair enough, but they really should let people know the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Looks like the UI reveal is a couple of days away.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1315790757320564736?s=20

I wouldn't think the UI is gonna be revealed by burger king... This is likely just gonna be an announcement of a "Win a PS5 by eating burger king" competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Wing126 wrote: »
    I wouldn't think the UI is gonna be revealed by burger king... This is likely just gonna be an announcement of a "Win a PS5 by eating burger king" competition.

Yeah, the thread I was following elsewhere suggested it was and I never double checked. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Now i wish there was a vid of The Burger King doing the PS5 Tear Down with his massive hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Gonzo wrote: »
    this is from the pc world website:
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/sony-bravia-kd55xh9005bu-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-with-google-assistant-10208473-pdt.html

lots of youtube reviews state that panel is 120hz and hdmi 2.1 will be supported in a firmware update around the time the PS5 is launched.

I don't see the panel hertz mentioned on the Currys page. Richersounds and Power city both have it listed as 100hz.

Who know's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

.G. wrote: »
    I don't see the panel hertz mentioned on the Currys page. Richersounds and Power city both have it listed as 100hz.

Who know's!
    it need a firmware update to use the 120htz which should be around ps5 launch if it the sony Tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Now i wish there was a vid of The Burger King doing the PS5 Tear Down with his massive hands.

Burger King side panels, it’s gotta be. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

We have a weiner

529183.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

martyos121 wrote: »
    Burger King side panels, it’s gotta be. :pac:

Each side designed to look like a burger bun.

Wait, why would I want this?! >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

rob808 wrote: »
    it need a firmware update to use the 120htz which should be around ps5 launch if it the sony Tv.

Yeah says that here

Shame there's no hard a fast date for it happening.

I really have no idea why people were expecting Burger King to be involved with a UI reveal.

That is fair enough, but they really should let people know the process.

I can guarantee you 100% from experience it will involve registering your existing camera on their site and filling in your delivery address. They really should be letting people do it soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Markitron wrote: »
    I really have no idea why people were expecting Burger King to be involved with a UI reveal.

Yep. Seems like some people were fed a whopper...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Markitron wrote: »

I think that came about because the wee sound that plays when he opens the bag is supposed to be the start up sound of the console.

I think that came about because the wee sound that plays when he opens the bag is supposed to be the start up sound of the console.

Yea I get that but it’s still a bit of a mad leap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I assume this is aimed at me as I posted the original tweet. As I said, I took it from a thread on reddit where the discussion centred on the revealing of the UI which was rumoured for Thursday even before the BK Tweet was posted. The latter seemed to confirm the earlier rumour for some, and I posted it without reading the whole conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement