Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

its weird as its all down to what you had first, i picked up the ps4 around 3 years into having a xbox one and thought the UI was ridiculous, just bring black the blades from xbox 360 thats all i want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

J. Marston wrote: »
    Will themes carry over from PS4?

Highly unlikely as it's a different user interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'd like with the current UI if the aspects of the PS5 would improve it also. For me the annoyance I have normally is not the UI just the speed of everthing which should speed up with the SSD and obviously getter graphics will be good also.

Example I've been replaying Fallout 4 and the loading scenes for even going in/out of a building is so slow. If that is simply improved for future games then I'd be happy enough. Although €499 is a lot to spend on that when possibly upgrading the SSD in my own PS4 might be cheaper :D

I have GTA on the PS3 and GTA on the PS4 and will soon have GTA on the PS5 and having all 3 consoles still I might be so bored one day I can compare them just for my own looksie for loading and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

recyclops wrote: »
    its weird as its all down to what you had first, i picked up the ps4 around 3 years into having a xbox one and thought the UI was ridiculous, just bring black the blades from xbox 360 thats all i want

Agree I loved the PS3s UI as I spent ages on it and when I finally moved to ps4 just found it slow and confusing

I'm not one for all these social features and extras haha just want to start my games and have a quick trophy menu

Penn wrote: »
    You press the options button on a game and select delete.

Okay maybe if you're talking about deleting older games by having to go into the library, find the game and stuff, fair enough, but I still wouldn't say it's in any way painful.

Honestly just find it messy to traverse in general.

• Advertisement

You don't appreciate a good UI until you experience a bad one. It's easy to take for granted.

I don't mind the PS4 interface. I can find what I want quickly and ignore/hide a lot of the guff. Folders were a big help.

I don't like the Xbox interface, there's too much on screen at any one time and you have to move in all kinds of random directions to do stuff. It's still got the DNA of that awful Windows 8 UI. And it's slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Will preordering games be necessary do you think?

Have MM pre-ordered with Smyth's currently but is it really necessary or will shelves be stacked with games ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

You don't appreciate a good UI until you experience a bad one. It's easy to take for granted.

I don't mind the PS4 interface. I can find what I want quickly and ignore/hide a lot of the guff. Folders were a big help.

I don't like the Xbox interface, there's too much on screen at any one time and you have to move in all kinds of random directions to do stuff. It's still got the DNA of that awful Windows 8 UI. And it's slow.

The XB1 interface was a total mess, the layout was nonsensical.
    Kremin wrote: »

Have MM pre-ordered with Smyth's currently but is it really necessary or will shelves be stacked with games ?

You probably don't need to pre-order a physical game, but it is always hard to judge at a console launch, so you may as well just to be sure.

Worse case scenario you can just go digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Anyone know if it’s possible to change your preorder delivery address with smyths?

Anyone know if it’s possible to change your preorder delivery address with smyths?

According to this thread it seems like you can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

I hate to say this but no only payment details it seem silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The UI looks fine. I doubt I'll use 75% of the Cards stuff, maybe just for checking trophy progress so I hope it's customisable to the point where you can control what type of cards show up first etc. The main menu looks good, seems similar to the PS4 . Mostly looking forward to the Store being part of the UI and just everything in general loading a lot quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Berty wrote: »
    Example I've been replaying Fallout 4 and the loading scenes for even going in/out of a building is so slow. If that is simply improved for future games then I'd be happy enough.

I'm playing Fallout 76 and really enjoying it. It's actually tempting me to go back to Fallout 4 and get the season pass while it's on sale. Do we know if loading times will be faster for ps4 games even if they don't get a PS5 boost?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm playing Fallout 76 and really enjoying it. It's actually tempting me to go back to Fallout 4 and get the season pass while it's on sale. Do we know if loading times will be faster for ps4 games even if they don't get a PS5 boost?

Yea they should be

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Anyone complaining about a UI needs to try and download something using an Xbox One. It is hideous. I'm fairly good with tech and I tried to download a Pro Evo demo and I couldn't believe how difficult it was to do what should be a simple task.

Maybe I can give 76 another go. I was just hoping it would be like Fallout 4 and it was wildly different. I don't think people really liked it as much. I'd like it with Mods but googling it last night tells me that it's just PC players that have mods. Am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

It's not possible and I'd advise you to save yourself the hassle of trying, took me about 6 emails to get a response from them that wasn't complete nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maybe I can give 76 another go. I was just hoping it would be like Fallout 4 and it was wildly different. I don't think people really liked it as much. I'd like it with Mods but googling it last night tells me that it's just PC players that have mods. Am I wrong?

I just started it last week after a big update to balance event levels and playing the wastelander update where npc's were added and it actually feels like just another fallout game tbh. I'm only level 9 and early on in both main quest lines but i think of you liked 4, you should give this another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

It is nothing like the launch version. I thought the launch game was "OK" but was fairly indifferent to it and only played about 8 hours.

The current state of the game, it's far more like a normal Fallout game, with normal quests, NPCs, etc.

I enjoy it now, and I think it would be fair to say if you like Fallout 4, there's plenty to like in this as well.

I have fired it up, had to delete something to install it, Modern Warfare is 220GB, Jeebus :O

Didn't uninstall that, be ages getting it back if Fallout 76 doesn't work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Kremin wrote: »

Usually not an issue from previous releases, they do seem to stack the shelves, the games are where they’re actually making their money after all.

Be warned if you’ve got MM pre-ordered it releases the 12th, not the 19th, so it would be two trips if you’ve ordered click & collect >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Breaking news on Pat Kenny on Newstalk - NPHET recommending Level 5 nationwide for 6 weeks. Dammit.

Breaking news on Pat Kenny on Newstalk - NPHET recommending Level 5 nationwide for 6 weeks. Dammit.
    No government decision on NPHET's level 5 restrictions expected today as Micheál Martin is in Brussels. Govt sources say they'll likely take the weekend to consider the full impact before a cabinet meeting Monday or Tuesday

It wouldn't be the first time they've recommended it, anyway aren't we basically level 3.75 now or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It wouldn't be the first time they've recommended it, anyway aren't we basically level 3.75 now or something.

NPHET Firmware Update 3.75

:D

That's all I could think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

there were rumours last week that toy retailers would be held as essential

Couldn't install, you don't have the essential worker DLC :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pfft, we're on 4.0 up here. Not sure if that's an upgrade or downgrade

But can it improve stability? That is the real quiz.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Some absolutely ludicrous suggestions in this thread recently - particularly that Fallout 4 wasn’t a load of ****e. :pac:

• Advertisement

Some absolutely ludicrous suggestions in this thread recently - particularly that Fallout 4 wasn’t a load of ****e. :pac:

Fallout 4 was fine. Its just that fine wasn't enough after how well the previous two games went down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement