Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I guess you have like games like Fallout 4 in that it is a long winded story line splintering off into crazy ones.

Fallout 4 is a mad story line which starts off as "I'd better find my son" so getting continiously distracted doing stupid stuff trying to get there. I need to help this person to get the thing to make the thing to get to the Institute "oh wait, was that a flying saucer that crashed, best go over and fight to the death with an alien in a cave" :D

More games like that on the PS5 for me, like RDR2, Witcher etc. For me those games will way more value that things like Call of duty which is just fighting against some people who are dropping major money within the game to get better weapons than you. Sports games like Fifa, not my bag either. My nephew only plays sports games, if you gave him RDR2 he'd give it a few hours and sell it in CEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some absolutely ludicrous suggestions in this thread recently - particularly that Fallout 4 wasn’t a load of ****e. :pac:

Fallout 4 is a weird one for me. I remember finishing Witcher 3 and starting FO 4. It instantly looked and played like **** in comparison. I hated the story, the characters except Valentine, the boring quests, that feck Garvey and I remember hating it for a long time after as well until I noticed I platinumed it which was a grindy affair but I wouldn't have done that if I didn't have some love for it.

The potential that series has with an updated engine is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Usually not an issue from previous releases, they do seem to stack the shelves, the games are where they’re actually making their money after all.

Be warned if you’ve got MM pre-ordered it releases the 12th, not the 19th, so it would be two trips if you’ve ordered click & collect >:(

Oh damn two trips is not ideal for me thanks for the heads up. I won a one4all in work and would like to use it for the game instead of just takeaways again but if it risks not securing a copy probably keep the preorder haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Kremin wrote: »
    Oh damn two trips is not ideal for me thanks for the heads up. I won a one4all in work and would like to use it for the game instead of just takeaways again but if it risks not securing a copy probably keep the preorder haha

I am 99% that Smyths don't take those vouchers, so that would involve going to a Gamestop, and personally I would rather rake my teeth down a dusty chalkboard than go near on of them ever again.

Markitron wrote: »
    I am 99% that Smyths don't take those vouchers, so that would involve going to a Gamestop, and personally I would rather rake my teeth down a dusty chalkboard than go near on of them ever again.

Just checked and you're right GameStop's the only game shop that seems to take them, for some reason I thought Argos did but guess I was wrong . Cancelled my Smyth's preorder and reordered for delivery to avoid two trips now

• Advertisement

Just checked and you're right GameStop's the only game shop that seems to take them, for some reason I thought Argos did but guess I was wrong . Cancelled my Smyth's preorder and reordered for delivery to avoid two trips now

I did the exact same thing earlier this week. Gonna be proper annoying having to look at Demon's Souls for a week before I can play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Argos and Harvey Norman in some places also take them according to a booklet I was given with my voucher I won on Tuesday

I miss the days when you used to be able to use them on Amazon, bought a PSVR out of the Christmas voucher I got from work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

You can get One4all to send you the balance of the card direct to your bank account, minus an €8 fee

In the T&Cs here
    10. REDEMPTION

10.1 You may at any time request us to repay to you any remaining balance on the Card by calling us on 01 870 8111 and quoting the Card number. You must not use your Card after you ask us to repay the balance to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Not sure how consoles are affected but I emailed gamestop regarding lockdown and 2 preordered games I ordered In store next month and paid in full. This was the reply

"As this level of lockdown has not taken place, we are unable to answer your query with absolute certainty.
    However earlier in the year when stores were closed, we have successfully transferred in-store pre-orders to home delivery and would endeavour to do the same in the event of store closure due to increased government restrictions."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Argos and Harvey Norman in some places also take them according to a booklet I was given with my voucher I won on Tuesday

Argos take them, bought the Pro with one at the start of the year, don't think it's changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

petes wrote: »
    Argos take them, bought the Pro with one at the start of the year, don't think it's changed.

ALSO.....Argos are always cheaper than gamestop for Day1 game releases.

See I distinctly remember using it in Argos before but when I searched the where to spend on one4all earlier it didn't have Argos but now I see it, don't know what I did earlier
    maximoose wrote: »
    You can get One4all to send you the balance of the card direct to your bank account, minus an €8 fee

In the T&Cs here

Don't really wanna lose 8% just to turn it into cash though.. I'll just keep it to get a game in the future or something :)

Also off topic on ps5s but can one4alls still be given as tax free bonuses given the above? I remember a few years ago a company I worked for let you put up to 500 of your bonus into a one4all tax free, assuming you're ONLY on the 20% tax rate that saves you 60€ by taking that and turning it into cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

See I distinctly remember using it in Argos before but when I searched the where to spend on one4all earlier it didn't have Argos but now I see it, don't know what I did earlier

Don't really wanna lose 8% just to turn it into cash though.. I'll just keep it to get a game in the future or something :)

Also off topic on ps5s but can one4alls still be given as tax free bonuses given the above? I remember a few years ago a company I worked for let you put up to 500 of your bonus into a one4all tax free, assuming you're ONLY on the 20% tax rate that saves you 60€ by taking that and turning it into cash?

Currys takes oneforall also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Anyone who ordered from amazon get an email to say that their accessories will be dispatched on the 12 November?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Are there going to be any official bundles on release?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Has anyone got any options for a friend who’s badly stuck to get one for Santa?

I’ve pre booked one with GameStop to get an email to say it won’t be delivered this year and have been watching every site since, but nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

L-M wrote: »
    Has anyone got any options for a friend who’s badly stuck to get one for Santa?

I’ve pre booked one with GameStop to get an email to say it won’t be delivered this year and have been watching every site since, but nothing.

You got an email to say it won't be this year? When did you preorder? I've preorderd in July and haven't heard anything yet.

And your best bet is probably trying to reserve one in Argos when they go live at midnight the night before, or keep an eye on PlayStation 5 Preorder Thread as the lads post some links in there to other retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

wawaman wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered from amazon get an email to say that their accessories will be dispatched on the 12 November?

I got the same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Someone has put together a "PS5 Enhanced Game Lists" resource on OcUK. Looks like a new account, so I'm not sure how long he'll keep it up to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

You got an email to say it won't be this year? When did you preorder? I've preorderd in July and haven't heard anything yet.

And your best bet is probably trying to reserve one in Argos when they go live at midnight the night before, or keep an eye on PlayStation 5 Preorder Thread as the lads post some links in there to other retailers.

I got an email September 28 saying they wouldn’t be able to full fill my order until 2021. Thanks for that, didn’t see that thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll hold out some hope so, haven't heard anything yet. Did get a call today from GameStop, fully expecting it to be about the PS5. No, the Ghost of Tsushima POP I preordered is finally in. Small heart attack moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

wawaman wrote: »

Games and accessories launch in the 12th. Console on the 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'll hold out some hope so, haven't heard anything yet. Did get a call today from GameStop, fully expecting it to be about the PS5. No, the Ghost of Tsushima POP I preordered is finally in. Small heart attack moment.

Me too, only delayed by a month and a half :)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Christ, I'm getting excited for this thing now.

Looking at the list of games that are confirmed on it https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ps5-exclusive-first-party-confirmed-games-6300 if they can keep up the same quality they had in the last (current ?) gen, honestly that would be enough for me.

Not to start anything, I've had 3 Microsoft machines and been happy with them all and the XBOX Series X could be absolutley quality for loads of people, especially when coupled with Game Pass, but I have a PC. I don't need a universal all-things device. Give me some weird Japanese uniqueness I can't get anywhere else please!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭iHungry

Sold my PS4 so wondering if there is a way to get this month's free PS plus games into library before next month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

iHungry wrote: »
    Sold my PS4 so wondering if there is a way to get this month's free PS plus games into library before next month?

Log in to the ps store on a browser and add then to your account, you don't need to download them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭jj880

Argos take one4all - was in 2 days ago. They will take the balance of the card and let you pay remainder in cash or different card if you need to.

I'm curious on options if you dont have a ps5 pre-order. So far Ive seen:

- Queue at Power City
    - Queue at Brown Thomas
    - Reserve at midnight in Argos

Are there any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Don't wait till midnight. Be watching Argos website every minute from when the shops close the evening before launch day. They can go live at anytime after the shops close on the 18th since they can't be picked up until shops open on the 19th. As I mentioned here before, I've seen items go live on their website at 10pm the day before release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Was in Gamestop today buying Ni No Kuni for the switch (Big Studio Ghibli fan). While I was there I asked them if I'd have a PS5 this year as I pre-ordered in June.

Apparently I will be. I mean I'm not holding my breath but hey. I got one during the Smyths pre-order a couple of weeks ago so if I DO get notified about my Gamestop one this year (Hopefully before Christmas) I will offer it here. Obviously for face value (As long as it's not going to be sold on again. I NEVER tout. Touts should burn in hell with their mothers who raised them to be touts :) .....). Based in Dublin (Blanchardstown Gamestop).

Will let you know closer to the date. Will be first comes first served AT THE TIME. NOT NOW!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement