Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Highly unlikely as it's a different user interface.

f9f.png

I'm gonna miss my Transistor theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

J. Marston wrote: »
    f9f.png

I'm gonna miss my Transistor theme.

The music on that theme is some freaky weirdness...

Was in Gamestop today buying Ni No Kuni for the switch (Big Studio Ghibli fan). While I was there I asked them if I'd have a PS5 this year as I pre-ordered in June.

Apparently I will be. I mean I'm not holding my breath but hey. I got one during the Smyths pre-order a couple of weeks ago so if I DO get notified about my Gamestop one this year (Hopefully before Christmas) I will offer it here. Obviously for face value (As long as it's not going to be sold on again. I NEVER tout. Touts should burn in hell with their mothers who raised them to be touts :) .....). Based in Dublin (Blanchardstown Gamestop).

Will let you know closer to the date. Will be first comes first served AT THE TIME. NOT NOW!

May God have mercy on your private message inbox...

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Can't believe just over a month to go.. feel like a child waiting for Christmas again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

May God have mercy on your private message inbox...

For all the Ni no Kuni abuse he is about to receive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Likely this has been said but in case it hasn't.

I preordered three games at 50% off due to trade-ins (off the list) for the PS5 and the assistant told me that if they get locked down, they'll be sent by mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Probably a silly question but when I log into the ps store on a brand new ps5 will all my ps4 plus games be playable on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

One month to go....

e060dd42b9ba6e36b5cb3ebd5309cb45.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

wilser wrote: »
    Probably a silly question but when I log into the ps store on a brand new ps5 will all my ps4 plus games be playable on it?

99% of PS4 games will be playable. So, assuming your games are in that 99%, the digital ones can be found on the psn store within your PS5 and will download to a PS 4 game folder. For disks, you just put your ps4 disk in and it will play.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    99% of PS4 games will be playable. So, assuming your games are in that 99%, the digital ones can be found on the psn store within your PS5 and will download to a PS 4 game folder. For disks, you just put your ps4 disk in and it will play.

Did they not say you need to download the game even if you have the disk and the disk is basically the license key? Basically the same as you currently do on the PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

So looks like we are going to a level 4+ . Mkst shops will close. Hope to god smyths stay open for click and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So looks like we are going to a level 4+ . Mkst shops will close. Hope to god smyths stay open for click and collect.

I'd say smyths will do click and collect alright, even at level 5, will just be a crazy queue probably. Glad i booked off the 19th now.

No idea if you need to download the game on the ps5 after inserting the ps4 disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If you go to Smyths they have a banner referring to Letterkenny stating they are Click and Collect so should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I'd say smyths will do click and collect alright, even at level 5, will just be a crazy queue probably. Glad i booked off the 19th now.

Hopefully now. Off the 19th as well so don't mind the queue.

Berty wrote:
    If you go to Smyths they have a banner referring to Letterkenny stating they are Click and Collect so should be fine.

Think there will be additional restrictions to normal level 4 today. Hopefully as zero says they should do click and collect anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

No idea if you need to download the game on the ps5 after inserting the ps4 disk.

Good point. Must do the same

They were discussing it on morning Ireland and they said shops that can do click and collect will be able to do so. So smyths should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

They were discussing it on morning Ireland and they said shops that can do click and collect will be able to do so. So smyths should be fine.

Wonder what gamestop will do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Wonder what gamestop will do

People won't be allowed into Dundrum shopping centre anyway so they will have to arrange delivery most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/60ecc-essential-retail-outlets-for-level-4/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/essentialretail/

Non-essential retail can do click and collect in Level 4. I think I read here that Smyths in Letterkenny has been doing this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/60ecc-essential-retail-outlets-for-level-4/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/essentialretail/

Non-essential retail can do click and collect in Level 4. I think I read here that Smyths in Letterkenny has been doing this...

Likely to be 5 or 10 km travel limits involved, can't imagine it would be worth staying open for the residents within that kind of radius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Might be lucky if only for 4 wks but people including myself in regards the xbox might be click and collect there or post it out.

Suspect they'll leave click and collect going regardless of how long our lockdown goes on for. Covers Christmas etc and allows retail to continue to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Likely to be 5 or 10 km travel limits involved, can't imagine it would be worth staying open for the residents within that kind of radius.

10k for exercise
    For travel to ‘essential’ retail that won’t apply

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Was in smiths y'day getting other bits and one of the guys told me if it goes to level 4 it will be click n collect and level 5 is delivery only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Dubdude wrote: »
    Was in smiths y'day getting other bits and one of the guys told me if it goes to level 4 it will be click n collect and level 5 is delivery only.

Yea this is what I was expecting, it is just a matter of whether or not we are in level 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

assuming they'd contact for addresses at that point?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

bennyl10 wrote: »
    assuming they'd contact for addresses at that point?

They would have to, sounds like it will be a right pain in the arse for their staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

I would just like to add that this wasn't in regard to the PS5 release it was just a general chat regarding the store itself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

4j0luk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Smyths Staff on Nov 19th

azlz046v4px31.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement