Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder how much security I'll need to bring when collecting to fight off parents trying to get one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder how much security I'll need to bring when collecting to fight off parents trying to get one. :)

Nowadays I'd be more worried about the 12 year old scangers with knives.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Markitron wrote: »
    Nowadays I'd be more worried about the 12 year old scangers with knives.

Lord help anyone collecting on Jervis Street

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

So PS5s are essential retail, grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭jj880

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    So PS5s are essential retail, grand!

Facing a Christmas lockdown I would say most definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Im going to be tortured,
    Have 1 ordered for myself and another for my daughter.
    I will not be able to even open mine until Xmas due to the deception of telling my daughter we couldnt get her one.

the sacrifices of a father. Damn it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

Anyone know of any rogue stores/supermarkets that will sell them on the day without pre-order?

For the PS4 I randomly got it in Brown Thomas... probably a little early to tell, but has anyone heard anything?

Cheers!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Parsnips wrote: »
    Im going to be tortured,
    Have 1 ordered for myself and another for my daughter.
    I will not be able to even open mine until Xmas due to the deception of telling my daughter we couldnt get her one.

the sacrifices of a father. Damn it anyway.

This probably won't work for you but whenever I want a knew console and don't want the wife to find out i just buy it and put it under the TV in plain view.
    She never pays close enough attention to the different black boxes under the TV to be able to tell the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

weiland79 wrote: »
    This probably won't work for you but whenever I want a knew console and don't want the wife to find out i just buy it and put it under the TV in plain view.
    She never pays close enough attention to the different black boxes under the TV to be able to tell the difference.

I think she'd notice the PS5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Penn wrote: »
    I think she'd notice the PS5 :D

Well yes she probably will notice it, it looks like Terminal 2 in Dublin airport.

She won't notice the series X next year though, pure stealth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Looks like it will be level 5...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Looks like it will be level 5...

and for 6 weeks... we'd be through 2 of the 4 if we went into it when they first said it was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Smyths will have collection available for in store orders.

Gamestop yet to respond, but they did say to me before they would allocate a collection slot for in store orders.

Harvey Norman/Argos etc will be open as they are "essential" electrical goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

and for 6 weeks... we'd be through 2 of the 4 if we went into it when they first said it was needed.

4.75(ish)

essential retail with click and collect for others may be allowed still

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Gamestop yet to respond, but they did say to me before they would allocate a collection slot for in store orders.

How many people do not live within 5km of the smyths/gamestop they';; have order from?

As for Smyths having click/collect. that was in Level 4. In Level 5 they have to simply close. Don't know if 4.5 will allow them to opperate click/collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

How many people do not live within 5km of the smyths/gamestop they';; have order from?

As for Smyths having click/collect. that was in Level 4. In Level 5 they have to simply close. Don't know if 4.5 will allow them to opperate click/collect.

I’m more than 5k from the Smyths I’ve pre-ordered from, it’s still the closest one to me but if I can’t legally travel to collect it, I have no idea how I’m getting it on release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Gamestop told me yesterday in store that they'll be posting orders if locked down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

****e, So if i'm to get a new TV before the launch, I should probably do it this week right? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

****ing better get that Ps5 on the day! They already took the Gaa from me this year if they screw this up as well....

Wing126 wrote: »
    ****e, So if i'm to get a new TV before the launch, I should probably do it this week right? :o

Richer sounds might stay open they will deliver. Usually very quick as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Richer sounds might stay open they will deliver. Usually very quick as well.

Have never used them, are they good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Yes they are very good and reputable. They've been doing business a long time.

They also have a boards.ie section and are very good with offers and responses there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’m more than 5k from the Smyths I’ve pre-ordered from, it’s still the closest one to me but if I can’t legally travel to collect it, I have no idea how I’m getting it on release day.

You can travel

That limit is for exercise not for essential retail

bennyl10 wrote: »
    You can travel

That limit is for exercise not for essential retail

Ill just have to make sure the kids school route passes Smyths.

Not having kids is my issue here though it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

If Smyths are not classed as essential in the lead up to Xmas I'd be shocked. Possible one of the most essential stores leading up to Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

If Smyths are not classed as essential in the lead up to Xmas I'd be shocked. Possible one of the most essential stores leading up to Xmas.

People can shop online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Folks, I'd imagine if Smyths are forced to close (I doubt they will as Santy still has to come) that at the very worst they will just send everything out for delivery via DPD etc.

I think they will be considered essential this close to xmas though.

Folks, I'd imagine if Smyths are forced to close (I doubt they will as Santy still has to come) that at the very worst they will just send everything out for delivery via DPD etc.

I think they will be considered essential this close to xmas though.

I'd agree. The console sales are worth an absolute fortune to them both directly and indirectly.

Got a good few things from them tvs speakers etc. Great customer service good prices to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I bought a TV from them a couple of months ago. Very impressed by them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement