Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Are ye logged in on the PC? It won't change on the app.

Yes on the PC

"Important Messages
    We're sorry. Your order contains items that may not be dispatched to the selected destination. Please select another address."

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

jones wrote: »
    What game or games are people thinking of getting with the new system? Demon souls miles Morales? Want to pick up one of them just not sure I'm theory would love both but new baby means playing time will be a lot lower than normal ha

Get both, new babies just sleep all day. Wait until it’s a toddler, then you wont have a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

thebiglad wrote: »
    I live within walking distance of the Amazon warehouse and it won't let me change either so its not a Dublin thing

Gaming things in general have weird rules when shipping to Ireland.

I have to get Cyberpunk 2077 sent to Parcel Motel because it comes with a Steelbook :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

It's only the digital ones that can be delivered here from amazon isn't it?

The disc ones need to go via parcel motel I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Again, weird rules. I can get a lot of disc games shipped here and then every once and a while there's one game they won't ship for no explainable reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Wuff Wuff wrote: »

That would probably explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Get both, new babies just sleep all day. Wait until it’s a toddler, then you wont have a second.

If only, my fella has decided sleep is for the weak. Anyway I'm sure I'm sneak in some quality gaming 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It won't let me change my digital version to Dublin address either

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

jones wrote: »
    If only, my fella has decided sleep is for the weak. Anyway I'm sure I'm sneak in some quality gaming 😜

Yeah where do I get one of these sleepy babies? Mind e has decided he has serious FOMO and refuses to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

No mine is a disc version and I changed from parcel motel to my Irish address no problem although that was about 2 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Farrelk

As someone who never had PS4, is it recommended to play Spiderman first before I play MM?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Farrelk wrote: »
    As someone who never had PS4, is it recommended to play Spiderman first before I play MM?

I think the recommendation there in general is to buy the ultimate edition to get the remastered version of spiderman to play with instead of trying to squeeze in the spiderman ps4 game between now and launch

Amazon have been very hit & miss about shipping things to Ireland in the last couple of years.

They used to be grand, "sold and fulfilled by Amazon" stuff would usually ship here. Now it's almost random, no real logic to it that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

If you tried to play all of Spiderman before MM is reckon you'd be severely burnt out on all things Spiderman before you'd get to play MM.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

When I tried to order the controller to my irish address it didn't allow it, recently though it now does. I didn't order it as I'm waiting on the charger station together as one.

So seems it's changed , no reason for it not coming here. Other than it being marked as a battery. Sometimes Amazon doesn't allow shipping of batteries.

Like when I had a kindle issue an post wouldn't take it back because it was a battery so Amazon just refunded it in full. Managed to fix it mind you, so free kindle.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Spiderman was the first game I played on PS4 Pro. Was blown away by it instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Farrelk

Thanks for the replies lads re Spiderman. Will be buying the ultimate edition so, looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

Thanks for the replies lads re Spiderman. Will be buying the ultimate edition so, looking forward to it

I went with the Ultimate Edition too. I feel nearly bad that I will be experiencing it on a 6 Year old maybe HD tv. :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Destruction All-Stars delayed til Feb 2021, free on PlayStation Plus. Any pre-orders will be refunded.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/26/destruction-allstars-coming-to-playstation-plus-in-february/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1320746533638361088?s=19

Hi everyone – we wanted to share a quick update on our plans for Destruction AllStars. We’ve decided to move the game’s release from November 2020 to February 2021, where it will be included for two months in PlayStation Plus at no additional cost.
    Destruction AllStars is a multiplayer game that’s at its best when you’re competing with gamers online from all around the world. We want as many people as possible to experience the mayhem on PS5, and what better way to do that than to provide the game to our PlayStation Plus members?
    Next week, we’ll return with a brand-new trailer and more details on the game, so you’ll know exactly what to expect when you download it in February.
    This may be disappointing news for some of you who were looking to play the game at launch, but we hope you understand the decision. For those of you that have already pre-ordered the game, be it via PlayStation Store, PlayStation.com, or at retail, your purchase will be refunded.
    Thank you for your continued support, we look forward to seeing you in the arena in February!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

So far I've been pretty underwhelmed by the PS5 (and obviously the Xbox Series X) from what I've seen so far. I definitely wouldn't see myself as excited as I read with the jump from the PS2 to the PS3 which introduced HD gaming, mainstream access to Blu-ray which revolutionised full HD entertainment, and online multiplayer. I have a day one release in Smyths but I really wouldn't be super excited bringing it home like I was with past consoles. While I do have a TV that supports Gsync, freesync etc. they're not game changing features like tut jump from SD to HD. I think we've reached the peak of technology that despite 7 years since the PS4, the jump to the PS5 isn't massive. It is a massive jump than the PS4 was from the PS3 as it gives us more PC gaming quality hardware but even at that I'm feeling meh about the PS5. If I didn't have a preorder secured I don't think I'd be feeling bad about it or trying to secure one. Maybe I'm an old school guy who has seen such massive technological leaps since the first PS that the iterative upgrades since the revolutionary jump the PS3 made has been underwhelming in comparison. Anyone else starting to feel the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Cotts72

loughrey wrote: »
    So far I've been pretty underwhelmed by the PS5 (and obviously the Xbox Series X) from what I've seen so far. I definitely wouldn't see myself as excited as I read with the jump from the PS2 to the PS3 which introduced HD gaming, mainstream access to Blu-ray which revolutionised full HD entertainment, and online multiplayer. I have a day one release in Smyths but I really wouldn't be super excited bringing it home like I was with past consoles. While I do have a TV that supports Gsync, freesync etc. they're not game changing features like tut jump from SD to HD. I think we've reached the peak of technology that despite 7 years since the PS4, the jump to the PS5 isn't massive. It is a massive jump than the PS4 was from the PS3 as it gives us more PC gaming quality hardware but even at that I'm feeling meh about the PS5. If I didn't have a preorder secured I don't think I'd be feeling bad about it or trying to secure one. Maybe I'm an old school guy who has seen such massive technological leaps since the first PS that the iterative upgrades since the revolutionary jump the PS3 made has been underwhelming in comparison. Anyone else starting to feel the same?

I'm the compete opposite, jumping from xbox to ps. Can't wait for the ps5 and it's launch titles

loughrey wrote: »

Complete opposite here as well I have never been more excited for a new console. In my opinion although the jumps between generations seem to be less of a leap we are nowhere near the peak of technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was just watching a bit of watch dogs legions gameplay on twitch tv as some streamers got to have an early look at the game. All I can say is I would advise people to wait for reviews on this one. I think it will be slated as it looked comically bad in my opinion.Was never on my radar after the first two games anyway.

Will most likely pick up demon souls and cyberpunk day one and maybe the new COD to play with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Evilbart wrote: »
    Was just watching a bit of watch dogs legions gameplay on twitch tv as some streamers got to have an early look at the game. All I can say is I would advise people to wait for reviews on this one. I think it will be slated as it looked comically bad in my opinion.Was never on my radar after the first two games anyway.

Will most likely pick up demon souls and cyberpunk day one and maybe the new COD to play with friends.

It looks really bad, a major shift from the first one at least. Loved the original watchdogs and have second one in the backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Yeah reviews are hit and miss so far. I wasn't a big fan of the last one as I didn't like the main character being a non dialogue type.

I'm sticking with AC, MM and Cyberpunk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

If you ordered from Amazon you can now just change the delivery address to your Irish one! That’s what I did. Also they have started using their own Amazon delivery vans and drivers in Ireland from last week so delivery’s should be a lot quicker.

I tried to change the delivery address. There is no option to amend the address except on the desktop version of Amazon and even then when I tried it said the item contents cannot be shipped to your destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

og2k7 wrote: »
    Are there any special measures when picking up oversized items these days? Haven't had anything that big since last year. Are there queues outside at all? Gather there would be for the PS5 launch?

I’ve never had an oversize item before so I don’t know I’m afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Grumpy, you get a PS5 to review?? :)

I wish, considering the big outlet are only getting them now due to the shortage that would be wishful thinking. We got the Vita and PS4 from Sony so it's not out of the question, but I have a pre order in with Game regardless.

I'll get both the ps5 and series x. I do love new systems. I even have Stadia :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement