Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Evilbart wrote: »
    Complete opposite here as well I have never been more excited for a new console. In my opinion although the jumps between generations seem to be less of a leap we are nowhere near the peak of technology.

At the moment all we've really seen is mostly last-gen games being rendered to a higher screen resolution and a higher framerate, like you get with a new GPU on PC.

But once we start seeing some proper next gen games, when we get the likes of Naughty Dog pushing the new hardware to the limits, we should see some really stunning results. The NBA 2k1 trailer is eye opening, as they seem to be one of the few developers who've gone to the trouble of creating new assets for the new consoles. And that's hardly a world beating game, so I expect we should start to see much more impressive work than that soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Been a long time since I played an Assassins Creed game. What are expectations like for Valhalla?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Lemlin wrote: »
    Been a long time since I played an Assassins Creed game. What are expectations like for Valhalla?

If you haven't played Origins or Odyssey, you'll be more inclined to like it I reckon. I think it will divide the current community, as I've no doubt I'll love it (Odyssey was close to GOTY for me), but some people may already be burned out by the new direction they've taken, ie: less AC and more jumpy stabby kill kill. Maybe there'll be more assassiney stuff this time, but I doubt it, you're a Viking, not exactly well known for stealth killing an entire camp, more known for stealth killing a few and then balls to the wall murderfest.

But I'm excited. Will most likely be the first PS5 game I play. If I can get a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Expectations are high, I believe. Odyssey, the last one, was very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Expect a ton of unboxings of the PS5 tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Origins was quite a breakaway from the formula of the last few, Odyssey built on that and is only my all time favourite games, the DLC is great fun and huge.

I’m looking forward to Valhalla, it may be somewhat more of the same for those of us who’ve kept up with the last few, but it should feel really fresh for you, hopefully.

Wing126 wrote: »
    Expect a ton of unboxings of the PS5 tomorrow.

Are the first embargo’s up tomorrow? I hope they’re not as limited as to what they can cover as the first XBSX ones were :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was the Series X first embargo not the one about BC and all?
    Though I see the retail version has been sent out and their unboxing is Friday.

The embargo for PS5 tomorrow is just the unboxing.

Are the first embargo’s up tomorrow? I hope they’re not as limited as to what they can cover as the first XBSX ones were :(

That's the rumblings on Resetera alright.

PS I Love You XOXO, a PS Podcast I listen to was taking a ton of questions today for their show tomorrow, so we might get more than the unboxing, but not too much more.

Wing126 wrote: »
    That's the rumblings on Resetera alright.

PS I Love You XOXO, a PS Podcast I listen to was taking a ton of questions today for their show tomorrow, so we might get more than the unboxing, but not too much more.

Oh sweet that’s usually on Tuesdays isn’t it? Perfect timing

If I listen to of the Kinda Funny guys screaming ‘BAKERS DOZEN’ one more time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

These unboxings along with the spiderman miles morales previews make the wait even longer

Oh sweet that’s usually on Tuesdays isn’t it? Perfect timing

If I listen to of the Kinda Funny guys screaming ‘BAKERS DOZEN’ one more time :(

Ah they only do that on Games Daily :rolleyes: :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I can unequivocally say that the thought of watching someone unbox something I won't get my hands on for another few weeks does not appeal to me in the slightest. I'm saving that for my own unboxing! I won't be watching anything feature or design wise from now until I get my hands on it. It's like getting a secret present, but being told what's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I've given up on more pre orders! best I can hope for is i get something before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Rumor going around that unboxing embargos lifts at 12 today
    https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1320888122062761985?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Unboxing embargo looks like it will lift in a few hours at 12pm Irish time. I'm looking forward to it as it will give a better idea of size in different setups.

Edit: beaten to it by Eoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They should easily all go live at midday so, no doubt all pre recorded but the person who might do an unboxing live with comments open will be the most popular on Youtube I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Berty wrote: »
    They should easily all go live at midday so, no doubt all pre recorded but the person who might do an unboxing live with comments open will be the most popular on Youtube I would say

af68f0dd1f812cd53ac9a72ee64a0334.jpg

Yeah unboxings and Astros playground impressions are live

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

Geez, just watched MKBHDs unboxing. The thing is MASSIVE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Looks a lot better/more impressive in those videos compared to the pictures we have been seeing IMO.

Roll on 3 weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Here's the official accessories unboxing, for anyone interested.

When you unlock a trophy it now records the lead up to the unlock along with taking a screenshot

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The trophy record is a nice touch but I'll either have to perform routine cleanup or disable it altogether. Usually if i unlock a trophy where i wanted a video of it, I'd just click share and square to save the last 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Any mention on the HDMI in the box? Haven't seen anywhere if it is 2.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Marques just says there's a HDMI Cable included, no further examination other than that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Stupid question I know, but will playstation 4 controllers be compatible with a PS5. Can't find anything online

Think its 2.1 going by the IGN unboxing

duploelabs wrote:
    Stupid question I know, but will playstation 4 controllers be compatible with a PS5. Can't find anything online

Only for PS4 games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The trophy record is a nice touch but I'll either have to perform routine cleanup or disable it altogether. Usually if i unlock a trophy where i wanted a video of it, I'd just click share and square to save the last 15 minutes.

Yeah will definitely depend how much storage space it'll take up or how that's processed. What I'm happiest about though is the notification for the trophy popped instantly. The few seconds delay on PS4 always annoyed me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement