Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Decoda wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that the preorders for PS5 are showing on their accounts?

PS5 + controller + headset showing as in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Cheers fingers, I was definitely logged into my account when I placed the orders so I guess I'll just have wait and see what Smyths say.

Thx again for checking,

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

Cheers fingers, I was definitely logged into my account when I placed the orders so I guess I'll just have wait and see what Smyths say.

Thx again for checking,

D.
    mine showing on my account as well as processing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Thx again for checking,

D.

I've pre-ordered the PS5, wasn't logged in (don't even think I had an account). I've since pre-ordered Demon Souls and have an account. Only shows Demon Souls but as someone else mentioned you should have an email with your pre order details that you can use to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The design on the inside edge of the white panels and controller is really cool. Nice little touch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Had banked on cyberpunk, miles morales and AC Valhalla on launch.. The greed in me has be considering getting another launch game in the mean time!

Do I go for Godfall, modern warfare or Sackboy 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure Valhalla alone might keep you busy for the 3 weeks + Miles Morales and we don't know how long Astro Bot is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sure Valhalla alone might keep you busy for the 3 weeks + Miles Morales and we don't know how long Astro Bot is

Astrobot is reported at being 5 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

JackCDSt wrote: »
    I just cancelled my order of the digital edition of PS5 on Smyths. I'm not sure if they'll relist it but maybe worth keeping an eye out.
    You should have asked on here if someone wanted to take it before cancellation. There's loads of boardsies looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Im very interested in Planet coaster on PS5.
    Havent played any of it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

Hi, just checked my Smyths account. I ordered the PS5 and an additional dual controller on the release night and got emails confirming both. The following day I ordered the media remote and again got a confirmation email. On checking my account this evening I only see the media remote as being on preorder, no sign of the playstation or controller. Anyone else have this issue? I've emailed their help desk but am freaking out here as it's for my son. Can anyone confirm that the preorders for PS5 are showing on their accounts?

Thx

D.

You may have placed per-orders on the UK site and Irish site. Check both.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

I see a lot of the online retailers are slashing their prices for Cyberpunk. It’s down to £38 on Shopto and similar on Base.

I wonder if people are cancelling preorders?!

Still very excited about it, this delay will be good to make me focus on Miles Morales though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

You should have asked on here if someone wanted to take it before cancellation. There's loads of boardsies looking.

I didn't think of that. Hopefully someone manages to grab it for Christmas.

I see a lot of the online retailers are slashing their prices for Cyberpunk. It’s down to £38 on Shopto and similar on Base.

Still very excited about it, this delay will be good to make me focus on Miles Morales though :)

I loved Spiderman but for some reason, I am not excited about this new one. Maybe I haven't read into it enough but the impression I got was that it was more like DLC than a full "new" game?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I loved Spiderman but for some reason, I am not excited about this new one. Maybe I haven't read into it enough but the impression I got was that it was more like DLC than a full "new" game?

I think for the most part, it will be. But also, playing as Miles means he has several different powers and abilities, which gives rise to new gameplay mechanics and enemy types, new protagonist means new story threads... It'll definitely be mostly the same as the main game rather than a sequel, but I think there'll be enough in it to be more than just DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

It's been likened to Uncharted: Lost Legacy, which I didn't bother playing for ages for the same reason. When I finally did play Lost Legacy a few months ago though, it was pretty much the best game I played all year.

There's probably something to be said for a development team at the top of their game, working in an engine that they've been building up for years and that they're already comfortable with, having the freedom to revisit and make something that's really focussed and of top quality rather than throwing away most of the previous work to build the next thing from the ground up.

Whether Miles Morales turns out similarly awaits to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if all the time they've now had to really focus on the details and on the new missions, when they already had all the legwork done building the city, optimising the controls etc, could allow them to create something that's a step above the previous game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Cancelled my cyberpunk preorder. Not sure what to play day one. Never played a souls game not sure if its my thing. Might stick to the ps collection. Disappointed with cyberpunk news

It is €45.47 on ShopTo. Pretty good price though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Can't see any cyberpunk for the ps5, is it just getting the ps4 game and backwards compatibility then I am presuming? (Sorry if its already been asked!) Would it be better to just wait for the ps5 version or would there be much of a difference really, might order it on ShopTo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The PS4 version on the PS5 will be ‘enhanced’ in some as yet undisclosed way - one would presume superior frame rates, loading times, things like that. It’ll be better than playing on PS4.

There’ll then be a full next-gen version upgrade for free at some point in the future. That’ll presumably include bells and whistles like ray-tracing, superior assets etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The PS4 version on the PS5 will be ‘enhanced’ in some as yet undisclosed way - one would presume superior frame rates, loading times, things like that. It’ll be better than playing on PS4.

There’ll then be a full next-gen version upgrade for free at some point in the future. That’ll presumably include bells and whistles like ray-tracing, superior assets etc etc

God what I'd give for Alien Isolation with ray tracing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

duploelabs wrote: »
    God what I'd give for Alien Isolation with ray tracing

Was alien isolation supposed to be a bit of a turkey of a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

padair wrote: »

It's a great game, just too long imo.

Sow with Call of Duty. If I buy the PS4 version it will get upgraded to the PS5 version free?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The scariest locker simulator you will ever play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's a fantastic game, up in my top 5, and a steal for the current price of €10.99

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sow with Call of Duty. If I buy the PS4 version it will get upgraded to the PS5 version free?

No. There's a charge of $10 in the US so a similar charge will apply here, it just hasn't been announced yet in €.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

No. There's a charge of $10 in the US so a similar charge will apply here, it just hasn't been announced yet in €.

For Cold War? The pre book bundle for PS4 only, is 69.99.

For the cross gen bundle, which gives you both versions, is 74.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    For Cold War? The pre book bundle for PS4 only, is 69.99.

For the cross gen bundle, which gives you both versions, is 74.99

Yes for Cold War. If you purchase the game on PS4 and want to upgrade it, it will cost $10 in the US with a similar price to follow here.

https://www.gamesradar.com/black-ops-cold-war-ps5-xbox-series-x-upgrade/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement