Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Yes for Cold War. If you purchase the game on PS4 and want to upgrade it, it will cost $10 in the US with a similar price to follow here.

https://www.gamesradar.com/black-ops-cold-war-ps5-xbox-series-x-upgrade/

Nice one for sending that on, first I have heard of that!

Digital cross gen bundle is the one I'll be going for so.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

I read here a few people worrying Watch Dogs Legion might be awful, reviews are out and averaging 8/10 with most reviewers. Happy it’s not a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

No Man's Sky confirmed as coming to the PS5, with free upgrade for existing PS4 owners, featuring visual enhancements etc.

Good times

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I read here a few people worrying Watch Dogs Legion might be awful, reviews are out and averaging 8/10 with most reviewers. Happy it’s not a disaster!

You clearly haven't been around the Internet long. :) some find 8/10 a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You clearly haven't been around the Internet long. :) some find 8/10 a disaster.

I wouldn’t consider 8/10 a disaster but I also wouldn’t believe most of these review sites.After watching 2 hours gameplay I don’t need to listen to the reviews.IMO it looked terrible and the story was beyond laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

If it's anything like the last 2 watchdog games..........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Evilbart wrote: »
    I wouldn’t consider 8/10 a disaster but I also wouldn’t believe most of these review sites.After watching 2 hours gameplay I don’t need to listen to the reviews.IMO it looked terrible and the story was beyond laughable.

Yeah, while the first iteration was good, the second one seems to have been scripted by the same writers as 'Hackers'

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

duploelabs wrote: »
    Yeah, while the first iteration was good, the second one seems to have been scripted by the same writers as 'Hackers'

Hey hey hey! Let's not start dragging the 'Hackers' film through the mud along with Watch Dogs, no need for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Yeah as exciting as a London setting is and ive watched alot of reviews it just strikes me as something that will get repetitive after 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Yeah as exciting as a London setting is and ive watched alot of reviews it just strikes me as something that will get repetitive after 2 hours
    That happened me with the first one. Couldnt bring myself to back to it after a couple of hours. Was just boring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

duploelabs wrote: »

Yeah was really hoping it was more like the first one but unfortunately they stuck with the tone of the second one which was completely forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    No Man's Sky confirmed as coming to the PS5, with free upgrade for existing PS4 owners, featuring visual enhancements etc.

Good times

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1321443645871005696?s=19

Full details for PS5 version:
    • Haptic controls: From the satisfying feeling of firing your boltcaster, to the gentle nudge of a building part slotting into place in a space habitat or the firm click of the trigger in your interstellar ship – haptic controls allow players to feel immersed in an alien world as never before.
    • Fuller worlds: Next generation hardware allows No Man’s Sky’s procedural generation to create lusher, richer and more densely populated universes than ever before. Planet surfaces are even more detailed, with thousands more rocks, alien grasses, and exotic flora on screen at any time.
    • 32 player multiplayer: For the first time on console, up to 32 players can join forces to build, survive, fight and explore the galaxy together.
    • Advanced audio: Immersion has always been a pillar of No Man’s Sky. Thanks to PlayStation 5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech, players will be able to soak in the ambience of an alien planet, or feel a ship fly overhead like never before (You can find out more about PS5’s 3D Audio here.)
    • 4K* at 60FPS: On PlayStation 5 players can experience the universe in pin-sharp detail at higher framerates.
    • Ultra visuals: Explore alien vistas with improved shadows, greater draw distances, thousands more objects on screen and improved lighting and volumetric effects.
    • Vast base building: Players can now work together to build huge off-world colonies, with the ability to construct and render far more vast and complex bases on screen.
    • Warp-speed load times: Explore the universe instantly with 5-10x reduction in loading times. On PS5, you can warp from solar system to solar system in an instant.
    • Crossplay: PS5 explorers will be able to join together with other adventurers on all other platforms, including previous generations.
    • Upgrading from PS4 to PS5: Not only will previous owners of No Man’s Sky on PlayStation 4 be able to upgrade their game to PlayStation 5 at no extra cost when PS5 launches in their territory, but their progress can be carried across to their new console.
    • PlayStation VR: No Man’s Sky is fully playable in PS VR on PlayStation 5 by virtue of its backwards compatibility functionality.
    • An evolving game: Just another step on the evolution of the best-selling title, No Man’s Sky Next Generation will come preloaded with the previous four years of huge upgrades from day one. Join in the journey at our most important moment yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'll finally have to take a dip in no man's sky.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'll finally have to take a dip in no man's sky.

It's pretty much full price right now if you buy from the store, but it's been as low as €11.99 in the past, so worth keeping an eye out for sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

That footage looks really impressive, much more of a clear generational leap than most games I've seen so far. I do think a lot of what has been shown of cross gen games so far has just been taking last gen assets and level of detail and just increasing the framerate or output resolution, which is barely noticeable to anyone other than Digital Foundry, whereas this actually increases the real fidelity of the world. Probably something they can do more easily for procedurally generated content.

I played No Man's Sky at launch, didn't find it as disappointing as most people, but it did get repetitive after a while and I stopped. Haven't tried any of the various patches and updates over the years, I've been waiting for the right time, looks like this might be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Emails going out from Gamestop now regarding console allocation at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Crash N Sane Trilogy and COD Black Ops 3 added to PS Plus Collection for PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Out of curiosity, when did you preorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Crash N Sane Trilogy and COD Black Ops 3 added to PS Plus Collection for PS5.

Where was this mentioned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

I just got the email also. Pre ordered in store last Dec. Pre ordered the Xbox in Jan but have not yet heard anything on that.

Got my email there, delighted.

I (pre) pre-ordered in January

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

padair wrote: »
    Where was this mentioned?

It's on the PS Blog, same page they announced the PS+ games
    https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/28/playstation-plus-collection-details-revealed--your-november-playstation-plus-games/
    Here are the games available in the PlayStation Plus Collection.

From Worldwide Studios:

Bloodborne
    Days Gone
    Detroit: Become Human
    God of War
    Infamous Second Son
    Ratchet and Clank
    The Last Guardian
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Until Dawn
    Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

From our third-party publishers and developers:

Batman: Arkham Knight
    Battlefield 1
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
    Monster Hunter: World
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Resident Evil 7 biohazard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

July. Sorry I hadn't seen the pre order thread before.

More info here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058119473&page=32

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Wing126 wrote: »
    Pre-orders open on Smyths now.

God bless you Wing126

July. Sorry I hadn't seen the pre order thread before.

More info here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058119473&page=32

No I was just curious if you ordered during the official opening of pre-orders because then you’d be safe knowing you’re be guaranteed one.

At least anyone who’s ordered before July must get one.

I’m really looking forward to this launch! With the PS5 line up and now PS+ Collection, there’ll be loads to play.

Much more exciting launch than PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Sweet, i got my email from Gamestop confirming my launch day digital edition PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Bugsnax is one of the November PS+ games. I'm actually kinda happy about this. This game intrigues me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

For those looking to get the camera adapter for the PS4 Camera to use PSVR on PS5. The page is now live to request it. Although it's not fully functional yet. It might send you in a loop. But I'd imagine it'll work properly soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement