Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

quokula wrote: »
    I think it's a case of the detail and lighting being brought to modern levels, but the underlying animations remaining more true to the original, which is probably necessary to keep the gameplay the same.

I've never played it either though, everything I heard about it just puts me off, I don't see the appeal of extremely high difficulty games, I have limited enough time as it is without having to replay sections over and over.

Pretty much how I feel myself im waiting till very last second to pass judgement on this version anyway. Soon as reviews start coming in should know for sure if its gonna be a ball breaker or not ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So this day 3 weeks it's released. Here anyway. 2 weeks elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I ordered a 3rd party venom charging Dock on amazon for £14. Had one for my xbox and found it great might be of interest to some

Any chance of a link to that? Can't seem to find it on Amazon.

Regards

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Decoda wrote: »
    Any chance of a link to that? Can't seem to find it on Amazon.

Regards

D.

This may be it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08K9WPSKK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CqYMFb1XW2256

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

jammer84 wrote: »

Cheers, can't explain why that didn't show up in my search. Thanks for taking the time, appreciate it.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Decoda wrote: »
    Cheers, can't explain why that didn't show up in my search. Thanks for taking the time, appreciate it.

D.

Looks by the pictures that the charging attachment has to be plugged into the controller constantly. Just to be aware as it could be annoying to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Evilbart wrote: »
    Looks by the pictures that the charging attachment has to be plugged into the controller constantly. Just to be aware as it could be annoying to some.

This is why I'm holding out for the official one. My PS3 has an after market one and it's not great, my PS4 has the official one and it's brilliant. Only shame like the rest of the stuff is the newest version is white.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Berty wrote: »
    This is why I'm holding out for the official one. My PS3 has an after market one and it's not great, my PS4 has the official one and it's brilliant. Only shame like the rest of the stuff is the newest version is white.

Yeah that’s the same reason why I have held off buying a second white controller even though I got the official charging dock. Hoping for more colours in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Messi19

Will the external hard drive I use with my ps4 just plug straight into the 5 with no issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Fae Cry 6 and Rainbow Six Quarantine have been delayed. Good few games getting pushed back due to Covid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

For those who were asking - https://twitter.com/__caprica/status/1321947831943499776 - Confirmed you can turn off the haptic feedback and the trigger resistance on the Dualsense.
    Messi19 wrote: »
    Will the external hard drive I use with my ps4 just plug straight into the 5 with no issues?

Pretty sure Sony have said this will work yeah! I think it's even on the box of them.

Is the PS5 controller charger cable USB-C to USB-C? Don't think it is but seems people unboxing it keep mentioning the USB-C port and say it's for charging the PS5 controller. What would it be for, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well from the PS website, it seems you still don't get a cable with separate controllers:

4 Cable not included. To connect or charge the controller use the USB cable supplied with the PS5 console.

No idea if that means it's USB-C to USB-C though. I did find this in a UK Metro site, but still don't know what it clarifies, other than an ancient USB-A beside a current USB-C on the front:

The PlayStation 5 has a standard USB-A (black) and a USB-C port on the front and two USB-A (blue) ports on the back. Apart from the USB-A on the front they're all rated as 'SuperSpeed', meaning they can run at up to 10Gbit/s compared to half that on the Xbox Series X/S.

Something weird I just noticed. Downloaded new update for PlayStation app and went into played games section someone has been playing Fifa 21 and one the Call of Duty games on my account!

I sold the ps4 weeks ago to CEX logged everything out and reset the console before giving it to them so how the feck!?

Logged out everything again in settings and changed the password just in case.

It says I can't deactivate my account from ps4 as can only do it every 6 months. Fairly sure I already did before selling it says still linked.

The fact that you can turn off those controller features makes you wonder why we can't use the DS4 on PS5 games now that I think of it...

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is the PS5 controller charger cable USB-C to USB-C? Don't think it is but seems people unboxing it keep mentioning the USB-C port and say it's for charging the PS5 controller. What would it be for, I wonder?

The cable that comes with it is USB-A to C. Not sure why there's a USB-C port on the console itself.

Something weird I just noticed. Downloaded new update for PlayStation app and went into played games section someone has been playing Fifa 21 and one the Call of Duty games on my account!

I sold the ps4 weeks ago to CEX logged everything out and reset the console before giving it to them so how the feck!?

Logged out everything again in settings and changed the password just in case.

It says I can't deactivate my account from ps4 as can only do it every 6 months. Fairly sure I already did before selling it says still linked.

That's super weird. Maybe they tested it in CEX with those games? But wouldn't explain why it was on your account if you erased it :confused::confused:

How did you get the app to update btw? Mine is still the old version and there's no update available for me.

Well from the PS website, it seems you still don't get a cable with separate controllers:

4 Cable not included. To connect or charge the controller use the USB cable supplied with the PS5 console..

The Move controller 2 pack didn't come with USB cables either which was really annoying.

Wing126 wrote: »
    That's super weird. Maybe they tested it in CEX with those games? But wouldn't explain why it was on your account if you erased it :confused::confused:

How did you get the app to update btw? Mine is still the old version and there's no update available for me.

Got it as an update on the Google Play Store was just there when I went into my apps.

Ya, I've no idea how someone was able to play games on the account really weird but kinda scary ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Got it as an update on the Google Play Store was just there when I went into my apps.

Ya, I've no idea how someone was able to play games on the account really weird but kinda scary ha.

Did you disable it as primary console for your account?

I'd contact sony asap

Isn't there a way to remotely log out of all devices? You have 2FA enabled?

• Advertisement

If you have "activated as your primary system" then anyone logged into the system can play your games. You have to deactivate before selling. Initializing is supposed to do this automatically, but only if there is a working internet connection.

You can do it remotely via your PSN account on the Sony website

If you have "activated as your primary system" then anyone logged into the system can play your games. You have to deactivate before selling. Initializing is supposed to do this automatically, but only if there is a working internet connection.

You can do it remotely via your PSN account on the Sony website

The point is he erased his PS4, so his account should not have been accessible.

Digital Foundry were very impressed with the triggers and rumble:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The USB 2.0 A port on the front has the lightning bolt symbol on it so its the type that can stay on while the console is off (not just in rest).

So guessing that's meant to be the main charging port for controllers. With USB BC it goes up to 7.5W compared to standard USB 2.0 which is 2.5W and USB 3.0/3.1 which is only 4.5W
    Wing126 wrote: »
    The cable that comes with it is USB-A to C. Not sure why there's a USB-C port on the console itself.

USB 3.1 Gen2 /Superspeed+ Type C can do 15w, and then if it's a PD type C it can do anywhere between 15W and 100W. Won't be near 100W, but considering the PS VR used about 15W it could power that by itself.

Not to mention you can have video over USB C so it could be power and video to the next PS VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just checked the Google play store on my phone, went to my apps and saw the new ps app update, just in case anyone is waiting for a notification, worth just manually checking there. I sold my ps4, dedicated as primary accounts across all my user profiles and initialised. Will be interest to see what my account says when i log in.

Edit: account looks good, last played Fallout 76 (really miss that), I'd say definitely go to the PlayStation website, log in and see if you can deactivate devices from there.

I like the new app but the store search is still horrible.

I searched nba 2k21. The first result is nba 2k20. Then a bunch of VC items for 2k20. 16 results down gives you 2k21. Why can't it just give you an exact match your search query first?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Are many taking a punt on the 3D Pulse headset? I'm not one for headsets usually but very tempted with this 3D audio that's being hyped to the last

Apparently it'll be possible to disable the haptic triggers, it's an accessibility feature to outright disable. Know somebody was asking about it a few pages back.
    https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1321975367607996419?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So this day 3 weeks it's released. Here anyway. 2 weeks elsewhere
    Heres hoping to get a last minute one before Christmas! I'll send one to my cousin in the UK if i have to and DHL it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Are many taking a punt on the 3D Pulse headset? I'm not one for headsets usually but very tempted with this 3D audio that's being hyped to the last

I was converted to headsets with the PS gold one. But when they talked about the tempest engine etc in Mark Cernys update in March, I knew I was gonna have to get it. Have it preordered and will try and get feedback up on it ASAP for those wondering. Am hoping it's better than "more surround-sound-y" but I've never been a huge audiophile so slightly concerned the features will fly over my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Not a chance of that PS5 fitting in my IKEA shelving (Kallax). I had bought a mid shelf to split the big square section in two hoping I'd get both in a single square similar to my ps4/Xbox set up.

But I do have a floating shelf just behind my TV an inch under the top of the TV so it's under the eye line. I think that will live up there and stay vertical. It will look great I think. I'll run cables through the shelf so it will be hidden.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement