Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Not a chance of that PS5 fitting in my IKEA shelving (Kallax). I had bought a mid shelf to split the big square section in two hoping I'd get both in a single square similar to my ps4/Xbox set up.

But I do have a floating shelf just behind my TV an inch under the top of the TV so it's under the eye line. I think that will live up there and stay vertical. It will look great I think. I'll run cables through the shelf so it will be hidden.

Ive a Kalax too and was hoping it would just squeeze in...

might need new shelves haha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Been messing around on the play station website last while changing my password logging out all devices etc. It won't let me deactivate all devices as I've already done it in the last 6 months.

From what I can remember the night before I sold the console I deactivated the console wiped it and everything was signed out when I turned back on the machine. The two games that were played recently number one I've never had these games and number two they were played on the 24th of this month.

I wonder what CEX do with the consoles they buy them from you? Was more than a month ago I sold it sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Are many taking a punt on the 3D Pulse headset? I'm not one for headsets usually but very tempted with this 3D audio that's being hyped to the last

I'll probably look to get it as a christmas present from the wife

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Got it as an update on the Google Play Store was just there when I went into my apps.

Ya, I've no idea how someone was able to play games on the account really weird but kinda scary ha.

My updated app still not showing what the hell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I was looking at the Pulse headset myself but was going to hold off until I heard some reviews first, but now they're all sold out for now by the looks of it. Will be interested to hear what others make of them, and I might get them later when they're back in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

what I really want is back paddle addition for the controller.

Used to playing with additional paddles at this point - and it will be annoying to go without.

I really was surprised the Dual Sense didn't come with them - I was sure that the release of the back buttons thing for the DS4 was so that there would be feature/button parity between the new controller and old one.

I assume Scuff will have something soonish, and probably some other options from NaCon or the like.... but nothing at or near launch from what i can see. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

jones wrote: »

Same here unfortunately, still on the March version.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

shrewdness wrote: »
    I was looking at the Pulse headset myself but was going to hold off until I heard some reviews first, but now they're all sold out for now by the looks of it. Will be interested to hear what others make of them, and I might get them later when they're back in stock.

I love my PS4 Gold headset, can switch it easily between PS4, PC, laptop etc. i use it a lot now working from home, only small thing (and its tiny really cos you still get a lot) is the battery life. To be honest it stills gets a good 7 hrs.

Same here unfortunately, still on the March version.

I've a new phone and all so odd its not coming up. I find the play store can be very random with stuff like this and always seems to be apps i'm really waiting on ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Has anyone else pre-ordered games/accessories from Gamestop for collection in-store on release day?

Any idea how we can manage to get our hands on the orders now? My local store is closed.

I've contacted Gamestop via email 1 week ago and no reponse.

• Advertisement

Has anyone else pre-ordered games/accessories from Gamestop for collection in-store on release day?

Any idea how we can manage to get our hands on the orders now? My local store is closed.

I've contacted Gamestop via email 1 week ago and no reponse.

When I preordered my games in store the weekend before the lockdown they advised that they would be in touch before the games are released to arrange postal delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

what I really want is back paddle addition for the controller.

Used to playing with additional paddles at this point - and it will be annoying to go without.

I really was surprised the Dual Sense didn't come with them - I was sure that the release of the back buttons thing for the DS4 was so that there would be feature/button parity between the new controller and old one.

I assume Scuff will have something soonish, and probably some other options from NaCon or the like.... but nothing at or near launch from what i can see. Annoying.

Its the big thing im surprised at too, hopefully they bring out the paddle attachment sooner rather than later, like the DS4 one. I have been using it the last couple of months and am dreading using it without.

On the topic of headsets, SteelSeries have the Arctis 7P which claims to be compatible with the new audio
    *Fully compatible with PlayStation 5's Tempest 3D AudioTech
    https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7p?color=white

I need a new headset, I have a warranty replacement on the way for the Arctis Pro + GameDAC if anyone is interested which will be brand new, PM me here. Itll be on adverts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

jones wrote: »

Same. I downloaded the apk instead of waiting any longer.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Same. I downloaded the apk instead of waiting any longer.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

https://youtu.be/TFf4G6MaMw8

Into the Spider-Verse suit looks great. The 60’s print-style ‘POW’ when you hit enemies, the same frames in the way he moves. Really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

https://youtu.be/TFf4G6MaMw8

Into the Spider-Verse suit looks great. The 60’s print-style ‘POW’ when you hit enemies, the same frames in the way he moves. Really nice.

the stutter-y affect from the movie is in the animations too. I have to say, that's looking more and more like one to pick up at launch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

When I preordered my games in store the weekend before the lockdown they advised that they would be in touch before the games are released to arrange postal delivery

I preordered Watch Dogs which came out yesterday and haven't heard anything.

I'm hoping it's in the post since my local store isn't opened for click and collect.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I preordered Watch Dogs which came out yesterday and haven't heard anything.

I'm hoping it's in the post since my local store isn't opened for click and collect.

PS4 or PS5?

RedXIV wrote: »
    the stutter-y affect from the movie is in the animations too. I have to say, that's looking more and more like one to pick up at launch

I had pretty much decided on Demon Souls as my launch game even though i loved spiderman on ps4 pro (platinumed it which for me is a sign of quality haha) but starting to waiver now. This looks GOOD. Might get this at launch and demon souls for christmas.

• Advertisement

Cheers for this. Installed and love the new update so fresh compared to the old version IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just got this emailed from PM

"uring this time, we can no longer process very large items measuring more than

95 X 48 X 55cm (roughly the size of a wheelie bin) and such items will not be accepted in our receiving centres in Newtownabbey or Dublin.

Our priority is to continue providing the best possible service to our customers during the season. We value your business and look forward to delivering your shopping this Christmas."

I have changed my PS5 to be sent directly to my house instead of trying to fit it into a locker first... Will it still get sent to my house or what would happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Just got this emailed from PM

"uring this time, we can no longer process very large items measuring more than

95 X 48 X 55cm (roughly the size of a wheelie bin) and such items will not be accepted in our receiving centres in Newtownabbey or Dublin.

Our priority is to continue providing the best possible service to our customers during the season. We value your business and look forward to delivering your shopping this Christmas."

I have changed my PS5 to be sent directly to my house instead of trying to fit it into a locker first... Will it still get sent to my house or what would happen?

You would hope the box including packaging would not be larger than a wheelie bin (95) the other dimensions like a large suitcase size - again, should be hopeful.

PM are not saying no delivery to lockers, they will reject the parcel at their depots so changing to home delivery will not get around that restriction.

Seems very unlikely the PS5s will be hit but really no idea how big of an outer box Amazon is going to put them in.

If only they would just deliver direct to Ireland save time, hassle and money for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I know the ps5 is large but Christ lads have you looked at the size of a wheelie bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

PS4 or PS5?

PS4. Had it fully paid off as well.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    PS4. Had it fully paid off as well.

OK. That is concerning...

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

I know the ps5 is large but Christ lads have you looked at the size of a wheelie bin?

Amazon has this

Product Dimensions: 47 x 17.7 x 42.8 cm; 7.2 Kilograms

So even if we add 10 cms to each side we still have plenty of space (so I hope)

Just changed to home delivery address so hopefully will be fairly quick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Its the big thing im surprised at too, hopefully they bring out the paddle attachment sooner rather than later, like the DS4 one. I have been using it the last couple of months and am dreading using it without.

On the topic of headsets, SteelSeries have the Arctis 7P which claims to be compatible with the new audio
    *Fully compatible with PlayStation 5's Tempest 3D AudioTech
    https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7p?color=white

I need a new headset, I have a warranty replacement on the way for the Arctis Pro + GameDAC if anyone is interested which will be brand new, PM me here. Itll be on adverts too.

I've heard this one mentioned a good bit but defitnely out of my price range! Here's hoping black Friday comes good ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

RedXIV wrote: »

Oh HELL yes! Into The Spiderverse was my favourite film that year (And I'm not hugely into/knowledgeable about Spiderman). But I am into my animation. And I loved the (intentional) shift of Miles from 18 FPS to 24 as he grew more confident.

I am LOVING that look!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

A guy who runs a custom controller company in the US tailored towards competitive players, has his hands on a DS5 and done a full tear down of it on twitter, link below:
    https://twitter.com/HangryBeaver

If anyone is interested

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement