Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Wing126 wrote: »
    It's in Spanish, but - https://www.levelup.com/noticias/597390/Confirman-que-Demon-s-Souls-no-tendra-raytracing-en-PlayStation-5 - Demons Souls does not support Ray Tracing by developer choice.

It was choice due to time limitations ha!

Any of the videos I've seen it looks great. Looking forward to seeing the loading times on it as they are a pain in Souls games!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lighting already looks great from the videos so far and if it means it's a launch game instead of needing more time, than that's fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

This new console has made me really wanna try AC again don't think I've played one since brotherhood

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My reckoning of how ray tracing will work in most games (based on my PC experience) is you’ll boot it up, marvel at the impressive reflections and lighting, and then just turn it off to take advantage of the frame rate boost when it’s off instead :pac:

It looks good, undeniably, although it’s not something you’ll notice when in the flow of gameplay a lot of the time. A steady 60 FPS is still preferable over it. That said, the DLSS in Control (which allows ray-tracing while working magic to significantly decrease the resolution load on your GPU without a major hit to fidelity) is very impressive so I’m sure some talented developers will find a way to properly balance the limited power of the next gen consoles while still offering punchy visuals with high performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Kremin wrote: »
    This new console has made me really wanna try AC again don't think I've played one since brotherhood

The AC then compared to the AC now are very different games unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

duploelabs wrote: »
    The AC then compared to the AC now are very different games unfortunately

Haven't played since the first game haha.

I got bored with how repetitive it was even though I kinda liked the story.

Incredible comparison between demon's souls on ps3 and ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's in Spanish, but - https://www.levelup.com/noticias/597390/Confirman-que-Demon-s-Souls-no-tendra-raytracing-en-PlayStation-5 - Demons Souls does not support Ray Tracing by developer choice.

I can't imagine it'd make too much of a difference for a game like Demons Souls. Probably not a huge amount of reflections etc compared to games set in modern or futuristic locations with lots of glass or reflective surfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I preordered Watch Dogs which came out yesterday and haven't heard anything.

I'm hoping it's in the post since my local store isn't opened for click and collect.

Gamestop's support email got back to me and said that since my local branch isn't open for click and collect I have to either re-buy it and pick home delivery or wait until they open again to collect it.

Pretty annoying since they said they'd just send it in the post. Also doesn't make me hopeful for the ps5 launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Gamestop's support email got back to me and said that since my local branch isn't open for click and collect I have to either re-buy it and pick home delivery or wait until they open again to collect it.

Pretty annoying since they said they'd just send it in the post. Also doesn't make me hopeful for the ps5 launch.

That can't be their policy for the consoles too. There'll be absolute outrage if it is.

There's only 10 shops nationwide open for click and collect like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

That can't be their policy for the consoles too. There'll be absolute outrage if it is.

There's only 10 shops nationwide open for click and collect like.

Not sure why they can't open all their stores for click and collect just on the launch days for ps5 an Xbox. Spread times out over the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Not sure why they can't open all their stores for click and collect just on the launch days for ps5 an Xbox. Spread times out over the day.

Many of the closed stores are in shopping centres and so might not be allowed to open for click and collect because of the shopping centre management.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Penn wrote: »
    Many of the closed stores are in shopping centres and so might not be allowed to open for click and collect because of the shopping centre management.

Yeah , that's what looks like the most plausible reason. Tallaght store is open for click and collect but its one store away from a centre exit. The store nearest the exit is River Island which is closed so there would be plenty of space to have a queue going outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

And did you pay for the games? If so, are they refunding you etc? Bit ridiculous if you've fully paid for games.

Do we know if Argos will be getting the PS5 accessories on the 12th or are they releasing everything on the 19th? Might snag myself a charging dock from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

And did you pay for the games? If so, are they refunding you etc? Bit ridiculous if you've fully paid for games.

Yeah I had it all paid off because I thought they'd send it in the post.

Don't think I'll have an issue getting a refund in store, just find it odd how completely disconnected their in store orders appear from online ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Got this email too. I just hope the dimensions given on Amazon are the packaging dimensions and not the actual console dimensions?

Wonder should I use Parcel Wizard or Address Pal? I have accounts with them but haven’t used either yet.

The dimensions given by Amazon are of the item itself, not the postage packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Got a text off Gamestop asking for my details saying they didn't have them. I stupidly emailed my details to Ps5@gamestop.com. Spelling mistakes and everything in their text. Anybody else get this text? Could be a scam and they might contact gamestop pretending to be me.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Got a text off Gamestop asking for my details saying they didn't have them. I stupidly emailed my details to Ps5@gamestop.com. Spelling mistakes and everything in their text. Anybody else get this text? Could be a scam and they might contact gamestop pretending to be me.

Sounds dodgy but wouldn't put it past GS to do something so stupid so who knows. I'd tweet them, ring them and email to confirm though. If scam, they need to investigate.

General Enquiry
     +353 (0)76 680 5877
    Our customer service phone line is open from 08:00 to 16:30 Monday to Thursday and 08:00 to 16:00 on Friday. If your enquiry relates to a GameStop store, you may be best served to contact that store directly.

email hello@gamestop.ie
    Emails are answered in the order in which they arrive. Sending duplicate support tickets will increase the time take to answer your enquiry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Has the Irish price been relealed for Demon Souls Digital Deluxe Edition?

Would it be close to €100?!

Its £89 on PS Store UK...

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

sticker wrote: »

All ps5 games are in the store already for pre-order.

Standard version of demon souls is €79.99 and deluxe is €99.99

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

sticker wrote: »

It’s €99.99 on the PS Store :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I’m not buying on IE Store anymore. US PlayStation Store all the way.

Demon’s Souls is $69.99 for standard. You can also usually get $100 topup cards for around $94 online.

So Demon’s Souls works out at $69.99 * 0.94 = $65.79 which is currently €56.34. They can go and shove their €80 :D

I’ll buy and download on my second account and play on my main Irish account.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

I got a 25% off code in an email the other day which is valid to the 12th at midnight so I'm waiting until PS5 games release on the 12th before buying any games and hoping the code will work.

JackCDSt wrote: »
    I got a 25% off code in an email the other day which is valid to the 12th at midnight so I'm waiting until PS5 games release on the 12th before buying any games and hoping the code will work.

For the PS Store? If so, you can do it now. PS5 games are available for pre-order on the web store or via the PS App.

For the PS Store? If so, you can do it now. PS5 games are available for pre-order on the web store or via the PS App.

Yep for the PS store. Unfortunately the code can't be applied to pre-orders but if the games technically release the 12th (a week before the console releases) hopefully the code will work. Found it in my promotions tab in gmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

JackCDSt wrote: »
    Yep for the PS store. Unfortunately the code can't be applied to pre-orders but if the games technically release the 12th (a week before the console releases) hopefully the code will work. Found it in my promotions tab in gmail.

Is this a PlayStation promotion. Any idea how to get it or is it just random users? Thanks

Evilbart wrote: »
    Is this a PlayStation promotion. Any idea how to get it or is it just random users? Thanks

Received it on the 28th. I think I'm signed up to receive promotional emails so that may be why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Evilbart wrote: »

Like most Playstation promotions it's completely random. Even if you are signed up for emails, there is no guarantee you will get promo emails.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement