Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

So hyped seeing the raving reviews for the dualsense controller but part of me really hopes they release a version of the controller without the adaptive triggers.

If the mechanism broke and jammed and I couldn't use the R2 or L2 button I'd be pretty salty but I'm sure they considered the durability when designing it, time will tell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You can turn the adaptive functions off, so wouldn’t be too concerned on that front (although you can never tell what issues will emerge with controllers, as the Switch Joycon drift goes to show).

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Kremin wrote: »
    So hyped seeing the raving reviews for the dualsense controller but part of me really hopes they release a version of the controller without the adaptive triggers.

If the mechanism broke and jammed and I couldn't use the R2 or L2 button I'd be pretty salty but I'm sure they considered the durability when designing it, time will tell.

I mean the springs on your triggers could fail on any controller. It’s not like controllers are all that expensive either to have to worry too much about. If you had to replace it once or twice during the gen, not too big of a deal. I’ll probably end up buying a special edition controller at some stage when a colour scheme or game tie-in I like comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

rm212 wrote: »
    I mean the springs on your triggers could fail on any controller. It’s not like controllers are all that expensive either to have to worry too much about. If you had to replace it once or twice during the gen, not too big of a deal. I’ll probably end up buying a special edition controller at some stage when a colour scheme or game tie-in I like comes out.

I replaced the springs on my old dualshock 3s a few times, took springs from pens and cut to size.

The dualsense trigger repair will take a bit more than a spare pen to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

You can turn the adaptive functions off, so wouldn’t be too concerned on that front (although you can never tell what issues will emerge with controllers, as the Switch Joycon drift goes to show).

Thankfully I've never been too violent with controllers and never prone to letting them rapidly approach the ground or a wall so I think I'll definitely keep it on as the benefits seem too good to miss but I know a lot of people who are a lot less gentle and I feel for the staff in shops who have to deal with warranty claims on them .. the switch joy con drift was enough to deal with for my lifetime in retail!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only found out today, or maybe I forgot before, that Bugsnax is from the Octodad team. Makes it worth a shot at least

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

How not to disassemble a DualSense;

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

rm212 wrote: »
    I’m not buying on IE Store anymore. US PlayStation Store all the way.

Demon’s Souls is $69.99 for standard. You can also usually get $100 topup cards for around $94 online.

So Demon’s Souls works out at $69.99 * 0.94 = $65.79 which is currently €56.34. They can go and shove their €80 :D

I’ll buy and download on my second account and play on my main Irish account.

US store price is usually excluding Tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Set address up as Oregon.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Which is 0 once you use a tax free state...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'm finding it hard to know which version of Spiderman to buy. I've never played or owned the original on PS4 so will want to get that along with MM as my 1st PS5 game. Does MM for PS5 include the original? I'm finding it hard to answer such a seemingly basic question through Google, maybe I'm getting old

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard to know which version of Spiderman to buy. I've never played or owned the original on PS4 so will want to get that along with MM as my 1st PS5 game. Does MM for PS5 include the original? I'm finding it hard to answer such a seemingly basic question through Google, maybe I'm getting old

You want the Ultimate Edition of MM. Standard Edition doesn't include the original game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Ultimate Edition of MM comes with the first game.

Here's a link to the Amazon page, you can see the difference between the Standard version and Ultimate version and how the Ultimate comes with the original game.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvels-Spider-Man-Morales-Ultimate-PlayStation/dp/B089X4XCLB/ref=asc_df_B089X8KRKV/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=463128028228&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10361099190114869557&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20484&hvtargid=pla-967918348730&th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I'm in the same boat. I went for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition PS5, there was a thing on (the image of) the box said it includes a remastered Spiderman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Thanks all, ultimate edition it is! (Now to hope Smyth's come through with my PS5)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Thanks all, ultimate edition it is! (Now to hope Smyth's come through with my PS5)

If you’ve an email from smyths you’re confirmed for launch

No reason to be concerned on that front

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

As someone that bought the original Spiderman digitally I'm pretty annoyed at having to pay an extra 20 quid to get the remaster. The fact that I loved it and they seem to have put a fair amount of work into it makes it a much easier sell though.

Gonna save MM and Cyberpunk for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Quiksilver

Markitron wrote: »
    As someone that bought the original Spiderman digitally I'm pretty annoyed at having to pay an extra 20 quid to get the remaster. The fact that I loved it and they seem to have put a fair amount of work into it makes it a much easier sell though.

Gonna save MM and Cyberpunk for Christmas.

To Be honest, i'm more pissed off that the save games don't transfer over to PS5, i never got the DLC for the original Spiderman so it seemed like the best choice to get ultimate version of MM. But as much as i liked the original Spiderman i don't know if i can sit through the whole start of the game again. I was hoping to just jump straight into the DLC that i missed. Maybe someone will work on a converter for the save file but i doubt it. Even though i would have taught that it would be a relatively easy thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With Demon's Souls released at launch and Bloodborne on the PS Plus, is Bloodborne good practice for Demon's Souls or is it the other way around?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Two very different games.
    Apart from the shared universe I don’t really think they’re that similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With Demon's Souls released at launch and Bloodborne on the PS Plus, is Bloodborne good practice for Demon's Souls or is it the other way around?

Very different combat systems. DS is janky and slow, BB is responsive and fast. You could use either to prepare for how much you will die.

Quiksilver wrote: »
    To Be honest, i'm more pissed off that the save games don't transfer over to PS5, i never got the DLC for the original Spiderman so it seemed like the best choice to get ultimate version of MM. But as much as i liked the original Spiderman i don't know if i can sit through the whole start of the game again. I was hoping to just jump straight into the DLC that i missed. Maybe someone will work on a converter for the save file but i doubt it. Even though i would have taught that it would be a relatively easy thing to do.

Yeah I think they've made a bit of a shambles of the PS5 Spider-Man situation. I did play the original (platinumed) and the DLC, but even though I might not have played the original again I would have gotten the Ultimate Edition if the save carried over just in case I did get the hankering to play it again. Now I think I'll just get the standard edition.

Quiksilver wrote: »

Same, I just want to play the DLC for original Spidey. I don't mind playing through again but sickner you can't carry over the save. No way am I going for platinum again, that became an awful grind first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

From a 25 year long gamer Bloodbourne is hands down the best game ever made IMO. Its a tough learning curve but an absolute masterpiece.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bloodborne will teach you to play more aggressively than the earlier Souls games IMO - something that would carry over positively. Equally, Demon’s Souls is a sharper, shorter game than what followed so perhaps a good chance to dip your toes in.

In short, either’s a good entry point in its own way. Bloodborne is the better game simply because it’s better than pretty much every game, and that’ll be doubly the case if it gets a proper performance boost on PS5. I am fairly confident Demon’s Souls will be the most visually impressive launch game at the same time.

I Loved Bloodborne but not as much as the Souls games. I had a much more 'fun' time beating DS 1, 2 & 3 and I think that was down to my preferred style of greatshield and sword. I only played through BB once and never tried the DLC so looking forward to giving it another go, hopefully with boosted performance as mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I think they've made a bit of a shambles of the PS5 Spider-Man situation. I did play the original (platinumed) and the DLC, but even though I might not have played the original again I would have gotten the Ultimate Edition if the save carried over just in case I did get the hankering to play it again. Now I think I'll just get the standard edition.

I'm in the exact same position loved Spiderman and i platinumed it along with the DLC but even with the remaster i've no inclination to start it all over again approximately a year later. Stand edition for me too. They were comparing it in length to lost legacy which i also completed and enjoyed so be worth it for that size of a game IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

CastorTroy wrote: »

Bloodborne is one of the best games of all time and easily the best game of last gen (BotW can **** right off back where it came from).

If you haven't played BB I would forget about Demon's Souls, and every other game for that matter, and just play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I've avoided Bloodborne because of how hard it's alleged to be. I play most games on easy/story setting, simply because I have very little available gaming time (3 kids under 4). You guys have me tempted though...

• Advertisement

I've avoided Bloodborne because of how hard it's alleged to be. I play most games on easy/story setting, simply because I have very little available gaming time (3 kids under 4). You guys have me tempted though...

People say "You will die a lot" about these types of games (and I imagine it'll be the same with Demon's Souls). But I think there's a bit missing off the end of that sentence. It should be "You will die a lot.... at the beginning". It's the game training you about the mechanics, getting you used to the gameplay loop, training you how to approach enemies (separate them, lure them etc).

After that, you die far less in the later stages, usually just to new enemies or bosses until you learn their patterns/attacks. The games are hard, but not insurmountably so. They can just be frustrating early on.

That's the only way Bloodborne could be practice for Demon's Souls or vice versa. It's just about getting used to that type of gameplay loop and mechanics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement