Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Markitron wrote: »
    Tbh I just assume every game is dynamic 4K, native 4K will become less and less important as the gen goes on anyway.

The newer upscaling methods are pretty good. On my PC DLSS is basically magic. I think the AMD big navi in the consoles have something similar as well. I am hoping for a solid 60 fps, if the resolution drops below 4K, most people won't notice, especially with the new upscaling methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

*Dynamic 4K and HDR require a compatible 4K & HDR compatible TV or display

Listed at the bottom on the PS Store page. Hopefully 4K60

Dynamic 4k is upscalled 4k isn't it? So not native 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

More embargo's up today?

The 6th seems to be the next date that people can talk about things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Wing126 wrote: »
    The 6th seems to be the next date that people can talk about things.

Yeah the US election will be taking up all news this week. Friday seems to be correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Resi in first person should hopefully be a great showcase for the Tempest 3D audio! This is probably my most anticipated title of 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Dynamic 4k is upscalled 4k isn't it? So not native 4k.

Not necessarily, dynamic suggests that it targets native 4K but drops to a lower res to accommodate the framerate. Upscaled 4K generally refers to a game running at a locked lower resolution with reconstruction up to 4K, for example the checkerboard method popular on PS4 Pro.

This months PS+ games (sans Bugsnax) are available now.

This months PS+ games (sans Bugsnax) are available now.

I don't know why that game seems to be a thing, despite knowing nothing about it it reminds me of Knack and I want nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Will my PS4 Turtle beach headset work on the PS5 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Rx713B wrote: »

I've a turtle beach 70x or something that I bought last year on xbox one. I've looked it up online and it's stated as being ps5 compatible.

Wasn't the most comfortable headset nor was sound quality great so I'll be looking to purchase a new one

• Advertisement

For those who want it, Shadow of War has a free 4K pack to go with the free PS+ game - https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/search/shadow of war -

Markitron wrote: »
    I don't know why that game seems to be a thing, despite knowing nothing about it it reminds me of Knack and I want nothing to do with it.

It's by the same guys that made Octodad and that was a big success for them. It's free so I'll probably download it to give it a go.

Rx713B wrote: »

Ask Turtle Beach - https://eu.turtlebeach.com/pages/ps5-headset-compatibility - Likely it will work if it's not on this list though. But we won't know for sure till the console comes out!

It's by the same guys that made Octodad and that was a big success for them. It's free so I'll probably download it to give it a go.

It seemed to have some weird cult following as soon as it was announced, much like knack has now. I will probably try it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Its like he just falls through the map. Some of these ssd drives won't play well with some of the PS4/Xbox1 generation.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Its like he just falls through the map. Some of these ssd drives won't play well with some of the PS4/Xbox1 generation.

Do remember that this is without any optimisation patch. These issues will/can be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Am considering the headset but am waiting for reviews before I jump on it. Media remote will probably be the other item as I'll use Apple TV and Sky Go on it also.

I thought you couldn't use Sky Go on devices connected to a TV, only mobile devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I thought you couldn't use Sky Go on devices connected to a TV, only mobile devices.

I’ve had it on my PS4 before I sold it, so there’s no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

There’s a Sky app for PS4 called TV From Sky which is essentially Sky Go, glad they’re keeping them on the next gen consoles!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

That's cool. Can you watch live TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep. Most of the channels (no BBC being the key omission) are there. Sometimes there's rights issues to streaming some programs but the majority work perfectly.

App is still functional on PS3 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Yes, it's an absolute must!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

I got the following response from Gamestop when I enquired about my Spiderman Ultimate Edition preorder for PS5

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service,

If your pre-order is due to release during this closure period, pick up from store may be delayed until normal service resumes.
    If your preorder was made at one of the click and collect stores, I would suggest calling them regarding fulfilment options. If not, you will need to create a new click and collect order for one of the ten stores currently operating this service or purchase your game for home delivery via our website.

https://www.gamestop.ie/covid-19-updates
    Please note that pre-orders placed in closed stores CANNOT be collected from any store that is remaining open.
    Once stores reopen you can avail of a refund on any deposit paid or use the credit to purchase something else in store if you wish.

We are working on a solution for Valhalla and Call of Duty, but I have not yet heard any information on Spiderman as it stands. The above information would give you your best chance of securing it.

If you require any further assistance with this issue, please feel free to reply to this message.

Kind Regards,
    James - Customer Service Officer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Someone must have been smiling down on me when I got the Smyths order for deliver. Cant imagine dealing with the will they/wont they stress from Gamestop. I used to be a big fan of my local GS, the staff were great, but since they closed so many shops they seem to have gone to the dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

fixXxer wrote: »
    Someone must have been smiling down on me when I got the Smyths order for deliver. Cant imagine dealing with the will they/wont they stress from Gamestop. I used to be a big fan of my local GS, the staff were great, but since they closed so many shops they seem to have gone to the dogs.

Try dealing with having no preorder. Stress of following both threads and trying to catch posts as they are posted in case they say there's some available

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I pre-ordered a charging dock as i found the one for my PS4 really handy.

I have a HyperX cloud Alpha headset so i am hoping that will fully support the PS5.

GS will be sending it out for delivery from their warehouse surely. They are probably organising it behind the scenes at present.

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1318538372542042116

Wait and see what they do for the Xbox next week

Same. How they're handling this pre-order makes no sense. Two of my mates went down to our local and pre-ordered the same day, one was confirmed to be getting one on launch, the other wasn't.

Another dude I know pre-ordered after them and was told he'd be getting it on launch.

It's an absolute mess and I'm so glad I don't have to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Be glad you're not in the UK. They're making pre order people go to the stores before the lock down they're about to begin and making them pay upfront for it. If you don't or can't go then I guess you lose your pre order. Their twitter is going crazy for 2 days because of it.

El1rYjmXYAASZxR?format=png&name=900x900

Same. How they're handling this pre-order makes no sense. Two of my mates went down to our local and pre-ordered the same day, one was confirmed to be getting one on launch, the other wasn't.

Another dude I know pre-ordered after them and was told he'd be getting it on launch.

It's an absolute mess and I'm so glad I don't have to deal with it.

Yea, there was a reason that a lot of posters here were warning people off them for months leading up to the pre-orders. They are a complete shambles in everything they do.
    Berty wrote: »
    Be glad you're not in the UK. They're making pre order people go to the stores before the lock down they're about to begin and making them pay upfront for it. If you don't or can't go then I guess you lose your pre order. Their twitter is going crazy for 2 days because of it.

El1rYjmXYAASZxR?format=png&name=900x900

That is seriously ****e, you can't just spring a 500 quid expense on someone 2 weeks before they were expecting.

• Advertisement

Same dude also showed a video of them in a warehouse... Has he just admitted that his store broke release date?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement