Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1324350941123039232?s=19

No units will be available in-store for purchase on launch day (November 12 or November 19, depending on your region) – please don’t plan on camping out or lining up at your local retailer on launch day in hopes of finding a PS5 console for purchase. Be safe, stay home, and place your order online.

Gamers who have pre-ordered for pick-up at their local retailer should still be able to do so at their designated appointment time, under the retailer’s safety protocols. Please confirm the details with your local retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

DIRT 5 | PlayStation 5 Special Look | Gameplay and Next-Gen Details

Watching this has made me want a new Motorstorm game. I miss Motorstorm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Wing126 wrote: »
    Watching this has made me want a new Motorstorm game. I miss Motorstorm :(

Playing Motorstorm on the PS3 at launch was the next gen moment for me, game looked incredible. A lot of fun as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Judging by Twitter I seem to be the only person in the world who doesn't own a 1440p monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Judging by Twitter I seem to be the only person in the world who doesn't own a 1440p monitor

Its not like people on Twitter to overreact to something.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    Playing Motorstorm on the PS3 at launch was the next gen moment for me, game looked incredible. A lot of fun as well.

Same!! The soundtrack was unreal too. The Dirt video just made me realise it would be perfect for the Dualsense too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

SomeSayKos wrote: »

*stands up on bus*

I don't know what a 1440p monitor is...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

DIRT 5 | PlayStation 5 Special Look | Gameplay and Next-Gen Details

If all Devs jump onto the haptics bandwagon it could be huge for PS5. It's the one feature I've been excited about for months as for me it's the one truly next-gen thing about either console. The feedback from the different YouTubers testing the system over the past week has me even more excited to experience the haptics.

Microsoft's 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' approach to the Series X controller could backfire on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    The one game I wanted to hear news about, will watch vid when home from work, cheers

4x improvement on load speeds

4x improvement on load speeds

Could do with 10x in fairness

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I remember working for Sony Laptops before and the policy was something like 4-6 dead pixels in a new laptop were 'acceptable'. Had people calling saying they have a dead pixel on their £2000+ new laptop and we're like "nothing we can do". If i bought a new laptop/telly and it had even 1 dead pixel, I'd be going ballistic until they gave me a new one as i also learned from that job, shout loud enough and you'll get what you want if any bit deserved.

I worked in Apple and they had the same policy. There was a tech sheet from all the manufacturers which gave the number, positions of dead pixels etc before it could be returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

PlayStation UK with a whole thread of questions being answered

https://twitter.com/PlayStationUK/status/1324392192023158786

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kP3G5vO49A

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/05/your-first-look-at-destruction-allstars-game-modes/

Destruction All Stars actually looks kinda fun. Good choice making it free on PS+ hopefully it gets a big community.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sorry if answered already but why are games and accessories being released on the 12th while console still releases on the 19th for us?

I don't think an answer has actually been given by Sony.

I'd assume it's down to the fact that most of the games are on PS4 aswell as PS5. People who want to play them on PS4 can buy them on the 12th and upgrade if they get the PS5. PS5 versions are probably available because there's no reason not to sell them if the PS4 version is available.

The 19th really is just arbitrary. I'd say stores will start getting PS5 stock next week and we're just waiting for no solid reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah just a mix of corporate and logistical reasons - fewer potential hurdles in getting the games on shelves, probably. 19th is likely just a buffer to ensure no supply issues. I walked by Smyths today and saw shelves full of Xbox Series X / S, so it’s very likely some stores will have the consoles quite a bit in advance.

Few tutorial videos linked in this tweet - https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1324402828467707905

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

So what is the first game that people will be playing on the PS5?

Will it be a pre-ordered PS5 game? An upgraded PS4 game? Or Astro's Playroom?

I have three PS5 games pre-ordered and two PS4 games I'm holding off on, but feel like Astro will get thrown on first!! :)

• Advertisement

Will probably try Warframe first, then astro and then start into Spiderman on the Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Fortnite I say. My 2 smaller boys have me a bit addicted to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Will it be a pre-ordered PS5 game? An upgraded PS4 game? Or Astro's Playroom?

I have three PS5 games pre-ordered and two PS4 games I'm holding off on, but feel like Astro will get thrown on first!! :)

I'm getting the digital PS5, so I might go with Astro just while other games download/install, plus it'll be one of the best examples of the features of the Dualsense.

Probably Astrobot so I can test out the Dualsense, and then I'll be diving in to Miles Morales!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Astro first while Miles Morales is getting ready in the background. Sounds like Astro is surprisingly impressive for a pre-installed tech demo, and a good showcase for the Dual Sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Miles Morales after that I have a few options from Ps4 I haven't played yet and the small matter of whether I want Demon Souls or not!

I hope people haven't gone and bought new SSD's yet....

Sony confirms PS5 won’t support SSD storage expansion at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I think I will start thing off with Spider-man. If I get the console delivered before lunch, that is. I will setup and kick off the download and by the time I am done with work, it should be downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Wing126 wrote: »
    I hope people haven't gone and bought new SSD's yet....

Sony confirms PS5 won’t support SSD storage expansion at launch.

That’s probably to stop people going mad after assuming their SSD should work when there might not even be fast enough ones on the market yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can't ****ing wait for demon's souls as my first game. I just hope the haptics still function okay after a few sleeps off the wall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement