Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wing126 wrote: »
    I hope people haven't gone and bought new SSD's yet....

Sony confirms PS5 won’t support SSD storage expansion at launch.

They need to release a list of compatible drives first anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

So what is the first game that people will be playing on the PS5?

Has to be Astrobot's Playroom (and not just to allow download / install of other games). Then AC: Valhalla - have ordered the PS5 version so I won't be tempted to play it on the PS4

(I'm also planning on one (possibly two) more game(s), but will wait for reviews and first impressions - probably from Godfall, Demons' Souls, Sackboy and Miles Morales.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Does anyone invasive being able to pick one up last minute before Christmas? Thankfully i have a fella in Germany and another in the UK that i can get stuff posted to. And Netherlands even if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Wing126 wrote: »
    I hope people haven't gone and bought new SSD's yet....

Sony confirms PS5 won’t support SSD storage expansion at launch.

They mentioned this in the tech talk that drives would come after launch.

God idea saying it right before launch so people don't make the mistake. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

None of the launch titles are doing it for me. Ill be starting with days gone or god of war before cyberpunk. Which would ye recommend? Have played neither.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Wonder how much of an issue storage is going to be with these new machines?

The fact where been given a good amount less on PlayStation and Xbox then what was advertised originally plus the fact the expandable storage is either not available yet or not exactly cheap.

It remains to be seen how big games will be going forward but its gonna sting you sooner rather then later. Especially with games that have a lot of updates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

None of the launch titles are doing it for me. Ill be starting with days gone or god of war before cyberpunk. Which would ye recommend? Have played neither.

God of War! I am raging i waited so long to actually play it! Really really great game though one of the best for the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Both absolutely class for very different reasons. I know the majority prefer gow and I'm looking forward to my 2nd playthrough in that bit I'll definitely be giving days gone a spin first from the ps plus collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Has to be God of War. Easily my favourite game of the generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Does anyone know anything about WRC 9 for the PS5. It says it’s mentioned to be launched on the 19th for the PS5 but no where bar Amazon seems to be stocking it. Just trying to decide whether to get that or DIRT 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Astro. May as well give the controller a test drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Astro, then gonna hit up all of the ps4 games in the ps collection from the last 4 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Gonna try Astro first while Demon souls is downloading and will also grab the new COD for multiplayer with friends at the weekends.Maybe Assassins creed Valhalla but probably won’t get time to play that so might hold off until the new year on that one.Never played Days Gone so will definitely grab that for free on PS plus and that should easily keep me going until Cyberpunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

My current schedule is;

Astro -> OG Spidey -> Demon's Souls -> Miles

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Saw this is an argos catalogue earlier, might be of interest to some. Not sure if accessories are going live 12th or 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Saw this is an argos catalogue earlier, might be of interest to some. Not sure if accessories are going live 12th or 18th

Great to see it in the catalogue at least!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

Don’t know what launch/in around launch game to buy with the ps5, what’s everyone else going with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

On the 19th I'm gonna start out with the tutorial and first section of Demon's Souls, then have a go of Astrobot before spending the subsequent 10 hours playing Star Wars Squadrons. I sold my PS4 before it came out and I cannot ****ing wait to give it a go.
    Don’t know what launch/in around launch game to buy with the ps5, what’s everyone else going with?

Demon's Souls is probably the show stopper for the system, but the series is an acquired taste. Spiderman MM is a safe bet, if you haven't played the original you get a remastered version with the Ultimate Edition of MM.

I think Demon Souls looks the best. I don't really like QTE games but will get MM when it drops in price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm going to start with Demon's Souls but might also buy Dirt 5 to see what 120fps is like.
    I'll also look to start God of War from the PS+ Collection.

and Bloodborne too if it's patched for 60fps :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I’m starting with Astro and moving onto Spider-Man remastered and then Miles after that.

I started Spider-Man at the start of the year, got distracted, and left it a few months. When I came back, I realised I’d stopped in the middle of a boss battle and completely forgot how to play so abandoned it again :pac:

I'm going to start with Demon's Souls but might also buy Dirt 5 to see what 120fps is like.
    I'll also look to start God of War from the PS+ Collection.

and Bloodborne too if it's patched for 60fps :-)

What TV/monitor do you have?

I'm really hoping BB gets patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Have never been the type for single player games, normally play CoD for months on end with the lads

But this time around, ill have a 55" 4k TV (soon!) so want to sit back and relax, and play some decent single player games. Ill be getting AC: Valhalla, definitely giving days gone a try as I never played that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

TitianGerm wrote: »

Yeah if BB gets patched I might actually play through it again, try get the full ending and maybe go with a different build/weapon.

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah if BB gets patched I might actually play through it again, try get the full ending and maybe go with a different build/weapon.

Can't beat the saw cleaver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Invested in a new 65 inch Sony XH90 a few months ago. Want to get the most from her

Invested in a new 65 inch Sony XH90 a few months ago. Want to get the most from her

That's actually one of the ones I was looking at. Herself prefers the Samsung Frame TV but either way I've to wait until next year to get a new TV as we've to get the sitting room done up first according to the boss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I don't have a 4k tv, suppose that's something else to look in to getting!

Have pre ordered Demon Souls so that's the first game I'll be spending hours on.

Kind of like the look of Godfall but don't want to over do the third person perspective games.

Not sure on Spiderman, have Spidey on the pro and played through twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can't beat the saw cleaver :)

Yeah I relied way too much on the R2 Hunter Axe attack for everything. Might have made the combat a bit more bland than it should have been.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement