Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's actually one of the ones I was looking at. Herself prefers the Samsung Frame TV but either way I've to wait until next year to get a new TV as we've to get the sitting room done up first according to the boss!!

Was it the no gap wall mounting or the picture frame add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I relied way too much on the R2 Hunter Axe attack for everything. Might have made the combat a bit more bland than it should have been.

Last time I played bloodborne I started using the parry, never had before, think Sekiro probably thou me a bit more about parrying.

Will probably have another play through on PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

petes wrote: »
    Last time I played bloodborne I started using the parry, never had before, think Sekiro probably thou me a bit more about parrying.

Will probably have another play through on PS5

I found the parry great for human enemies/bosses, but for everything else, big axe swing to knock them down and charge up the next big axe swing. I just couldn't get the timing right for parries with beast type enemies compared to Sekiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Saw this is an argos catalogue earlier, might be of interest to some. Not sure if accessories are going live 12th or 18th

Are Argos going to be open on the 19th and will they be able to sell over the counter. Sony said yesterday it was only click and collect.

The bots will eat these up on the Argos system the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Varik wrote: »
    Was it the no gap wall mounting or the picture frame add on.

The frame was what caught her eye and then the fact there'd be only one cable coming from the TV was a big plus as she wants it hung over the stove on the chimney breast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Are Argos going to be open on the 19th and will they be able to sell over the counter. Sony said yesterday it was only click and collect.

Argos are open but only letting you in if you can show them an online reservation number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I think Demon Souls looks the best. I don't really like QTE games but will get MM when it drops in price.

This is a bit unfair, Spiderman really only had the QTEs during the major setpieces, of which there were maybe only 3 or 4 during the entire 20 Hr game.
    fixXxer wrote: »
    Argos are open but only letting you in if you can show them an online reservation number.

Even if they were selling over the counter, there's no chance your getting a PS5 that way anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Argos will be one to keep an eye on. I nabbed a ps4 on launch day back in the day, but from a nearby county, which restrictions will affect this time around. If people are making reservations for ps5's on the other side of the country and don't collect, there could be something available 48 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Argos is essentially only click and collect so I reckon they will be open

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

blaa85 wrote: »
    Argos will be one to keep an eye on. I nabbed a ps4 on launch day back in the day, but from a nearby county, which restrictions will affect this time around. If people are making reservations for ps5's on the other side of the country and don't collect, there could be something available 48 hours later.

Yes but like other high value items people actually sell the reservations so may be only a small few. Boards.ie bargain alerts section itself is littered with people who reserve stuff never with any intention of collecting.

Anyway, beware of Argos staff poaching as well. I bought a Dyson(black friday) and reserved at full price on the night before(leaked price in the UK), price dropped overnight, went in and collected it and two staff behind the counter giving me daggers. One even said something like "here's the guy Sharon who got it" and asked him how I bagged the only Dyson available that they bought wanted.

• Advertisement

Think I'll opt for a budget..ish new TV and maybe go for a higher end TV in the new year.

Fecking hate buying anything like this as there are so many options, will check the TV thread anyway, more reading :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Think I'll opt for a budget..ish new TV and maybe go for a higher end TV in the new year.

Fecking hate buying anything like this as there are so many options, will check the TV thread anyway, more reading :)

Just save and get a good one. No sense buying a budget one now and another in the new year. It will be worth it to save and get the best you can. The LG C9 is excellent, CX series just launched so might find a C9 with a reasonable price. Get onto RicherSounds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

That's actually one of the ones I was looking at. Herself prefers the Samsung Frame TV but either way I've to wait until next year to get a new TV as we've to get the sitting room done up first according to the boss!!

For me it was between the LG CX and the Sony but I preferred the OS on the Sony. That's really what swung it for me. With the cash I saved going with the Sony I bumped it up from the 55 inch to the 65 inch and I don't regret it now (even though it was a scary few minutes mounting it on the wall all by myself :o )

It does stick out a bit from the wall (I'm using an old wall mount from 2009) but I don't mind. I plan on putting some bias lighting behind it in the future to make it stand out even more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I'm debating going for HDMI 2.1 or just getting a fairly decent 4k 50Hz panel, still not entirely sure, all depends on black friday.

HDMI 2.1: Sony XH9005, LG 55BX, LG NANO86 55" (fairly poor blacks afaik)

4k 50Hz: Whatever is half decent and cheap in black friday... :pac:

I know theres a serious difference, but again it will all come down to pricing. Im either gonna go big or relatively cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I'm debating going for HDMI 2.1 or just getting a fairly decent 4k 50Hz panel, still not entirely sure, all depends on black friday.

I know theres a serious difference, but again it will all come down to pricing. Im either gonna go big or relatively cheap.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, due a TV upgrade but gonna wait for Black Friday to see what the deals are like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

For me it was between the LG CX and the Sony but I preferred the OS on the Sony. That's really what swung it for me. With the cash I saved going with the Sony I bumped it up from the 55 inch to the 65 inch and I don't regret it now (even though it was a scary few minutes mounting it on the wall all by myself :o )

It does stick out a bit from the wall (I'm using an old wall mount from 2009) but I don't mind. I plan on putting some bias lighting behind it in the future to make it stand out even more!

I have the LG C9 (almost identical to the CX) and you will not be disappointed with the CX . Best tv i've ever owned the ps4 pro looks stunning on it i cannot wait to see how the PS5 looks

I'd just hold off and put your full lot to a new TV. It's like a matress purchase, you'll use it a lot and it'll last a long time so spend money to get one that you'll be happy with.

I'll be giving the Richer Sounds guys a shout but not going any bigger than 55" as we've a small sitting room so there's no need for a massive TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

If you're going for HDMI 2.1 for the ability to display 4K120HZ, then be wary of the the XH90.. Fantastic TV, I own it and I've had it for the past 3 weeks. But the 4K120HZ is buggy and ends up causing a lesser quality image

I'd just hold off and put your full lot to a new TV. It's like a matress purchase, you'll use it a lot and it'll last a long time so spend money to get one that you'll be happy with.

You're probably right, might see if there is anything around Black Friday, see a Philips 58" on Currys for 600 quid which seems a better price than most places.

Might just pool it and get a better TV down the line although could always find a use for a decent spare TV :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Anyone with the money looking for a TV, just go with the LG CX or even BX if you need to shave off some cost. It is absolutely stunning. If you enjoy watching movies and TV shows on the likes of Netflix, Prime Video and Apple TV, you are in for a treat because 4K HDR/Dolby Vision content is mind-blowing on this. I got mine (65 inch) a few weeks ago and I've never been so stunned by a TV before. It's also 120Hz and HDMI 2.1, perfect for next gen.

LG's webos is genuinely one of the best smart TV systems I've used too. Very clean, minimal, super fast and snappy and does everything you need it to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

No question, LG BX from that list (CX if you can stretch it a little, but if the difference is more than 200-300, then go with the BX).

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

We should see more of the PS5 today as the next embargo lifts later this afternoon.

Paul MCM wrote: »
    We should see more of the PS5 today as the next embargo lifts later this afternoon.

Saw the MM review embargo was at 2, hopefully we get console reviews then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Paul MCM wrote: »

About 3pm CET i've heard. So that's 2pm here right?

Saw on the Xbox thread they are getting their dispatch emails from Microsoft.

Bastards
    gerrybbadd wrote: »

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Ah I thought it was 1pm. That’s a shame, was looking forward to that on my lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I'm just praying that whatever courier Smyth's use, dont make a balls of delivery for a lot of people. Thats my only worry I have with this...

I'm just praying that whatever courier Smyth's use, dont make a balls of delivery for a lot of people. Thats my only worry I have with this...

Well they are sending out the games an accessories next week, and we have the Xbox release to judge too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Yup

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement